Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s very obvious to me, look at her eyes- pupils and a glazed expression. I wasn’t insulting to her at all, calm down. If she had drug issues that doesn’t make her a bad person, if they do a toxicology report we’ll find out won’t we.
I am calm luv, very calm actually that’s my nature, I just found your comment insulting to her memory , an tbh i don’t listen to the news much unless it involves the environment and I don’t read newspapers so won’t be sitting round waiting to see any results of a toxicology report , be blessed

oh christ....15 mins?? i wonder if caroline had pretended to be feeling brighter and had requested something from the shops meaning she got that window of time? its sounding like the method was as mentioned by another poster. how horrific for the poor people finding her

doesn't it take a while for anti depressants to start to work? maybe it gets worse before it gets better with them
Yeah they definitely make you worse before they make you better! I started on some in October or so (after others had failed to help me) and they made me so so unwell I was on the verge of begging to be sectioned. They really can be so dangerous and need to be very closely monitored

Reactions: 7
I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace
I also heard this,and that she hanged herself so very sad 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
yes I've heard that before. I think it's something to do with having a clear plan to get them out of their problems :(
And that the pain will soon be over. I never understood it before. I do now.

I went through a huge depression (now out the other side thank God although I still have rough days) and I was at the point, two years into it, where I was thinking about suicide a lot. I was physically and mentally struggling with everything. I never made any kind of attempt though, just thoughts. Like where would I do it, how, who would find me. But I was always too scared to even try.

But for me, I just couldn't face the emotional and physical pain anymore. Waking up every day and wishing that I hadn't. I cut myself off from friends and family. Spending all day in bed. Not going out anywhere. Not eating, washing, dressing. Barely even talking. Feeling so utterly worthless, useless and helpless.

I just wanted to be out of that pain.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Said a few posts back that a friend of a friend knows Lewis. The same person told me that Caroline was told to plead guilty by her legal team but that ITV told her they were done with her if she pleaded guilty.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I was quite amazed by Emma Kenny's outright hypocrisy on TM today. If CF had gone to trial, she'd have no doubt aggressively led an interview & phone-in on stamping out female perpetrators of DV.
Emma Kenny is not someone I’d want help or advice from if was in the middle of a mental health crisis.

Reactions: 12
I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace
How very sad :(
Seems she was pretty determined to do it and it’s a shame she didn’t get the help she clearly needed

Reactions: 8
I concur. Very relatable. I remember watching her on strictly and rooting for her to win. She could sometimes look so sad and fragile during those dance routines snd felt the music passionately
If I remember rightly she’d just split up with whoever she was engaged too I’m not sure who it was and she was depressed after their split

Reactions: 2
Reading about caroline flacks suicide really made me think as it reminds me of how I felt as a victim of domestic violence.
I wouldn't blame the cps pushing ahead with the trial. I would blame the media and how the glitz and glam life also catupulates you into a world where everything you do is watched and scrutinised. There is a high price to fame. Yes she made a mistake but it shouldn't of resulted in her suicide.
My ex partner threatened suicide on a number of occasions after hurting me... the difference was what he did wasnt out there for all to talk about and judge.
Whether it was a cry for help gone wrong or deliberate it was clearly a result of the media pressure. She deserved the right to a fair trial and to be anonymous like everyone else.
Just a couple of things.

No one under the age of 18 charged with assault by beating is granted anonymity.

She would have had a fair trial. There is no jury involved at a magistrate's court, only three magistrates who preside. And they most probably would never even have heard of Caroline Flack (I can say this pretty confidently as my partner is a magistrate, chair in training, and he is one of the youngest in his area at the age of 48) although obviously they would be aware of the press attention. They can only find on the evidence presented in court and they also have a qualified legal adviser there (who basically runs the court) to ensure they are doing everything by the book as far as sentencing. I have been to observe!

My partner absolutely thinks she should have pled guilty at the first opportunity.

Reactions: 16
Ruth and Ashley have both lost close family members to suicide (sister and father respectively) and Nicola has her own mental health struggles (borderline personality disorder) so, with all due respect, I think it's probably more to do with their own personal experiences without taking anything away from Caroline at all.
Ruth yes but Ashley was close to Caroline they used to go on girls holidays together

They weren't engaged. It was Jack Street. They went out for about two years but he was then apparently unfaithful with Dianna Agron from Glee.

I thought she claimed she was Bipolar? To be honest, I can't keep up with the amount of issues she has.
She was engaged to someone at some point because in one of the series of love island she has a ring on her finger and all the girls congratulate her

Reactions: 3
Ruth yes but Ashley was close to Caroline they used to go on girls holidays together

She was engaged to someone at some point because in one of the series of love island she has a ring on her finger and all the girls congratulate her
I didn't realise that.

She was engaged to Andrew Brady.

Reactions: 2

Think the only boyfriend she ever got engaged to was Andrew Brady. They went on an 'engagement moon'!

She was engaged to Andrew Brady

To lay this tragedy at the hands of the media is really reductive. Caroline had been dealing with the press most of her adult life. It’s doubtful that negative press was the instigator, probably a symptom yes, but not what pushed her over the edge. The trouble is no one ever knows the thought process behind a suicide. Everything is speculation as there is no source. She should be left to RIP

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.