Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to my friend it was- she had actually tried to slash her own throat, that was how the whole thing came about. She read texts on his phone while he was asleep and began self harming with a kitchen knife. He woke and tried to stop her. The hitting him in the head with the lamp was as a result of him trying to get the knife off her and she picked up the first thing to hand to fend him off. Almost all of the blood at the scene was hers.
It didn't happen like that. She wasn't even treated by the medics at the scene because she had no visible injuries other than slight cuts on her arms from the smashed lamp.
The bloke was the one who was treated for blood loss from his head injuries at the scene and caroline was hauled off to the police station.
Do you really think the cops put her in a cop car in handcuffs if she had throat wounds?Or questioned her at the station as she was leaking blood profusely from a slashed throat?
It's hugely tragic but rewriting history is silly and does her no favours. Keep it real.

Reactions: 16
I think all these celebrities posting/getting on the bandwagon by stating how heartbroken/sad/devastated they are more than likely do not have much experience in dealing with death. It’s a hard emotion to come to terms with when you don t actually know the person but have had exposure to them through media. I am a nurse in a critical care setting and have had to deal with many patient deaths. When new staff come and experience their first death which may be unexpected, come from a tragic situation they mostly all comment that they don t how you do it day in day out. Why are nt you in tears? How can you move into looking after the next patient ? Why are nt you affected? How I explain it to them is that it’s not your grief. It’s not your right to be heartbroken/devastated. That is reserved for the family and friends. You can find the situation so very sad and have utter sympathy for the family but it is in no way about you. The family do not need you to part any of your sadness into them. Your job is to be a support to the family. You have a knot in your stomach for them knowing what they will be dealing with in the coming days/weeks/years but you , yourself, are not heartbroken. I think these people who did not know Caroline but are outpouring their grief have the lines blurred a little. It may be they have never had to deal with a death - tragic or not and emotions are all mixed up. Of course we have seen that some have their own agenda. It’s is an utterly tragic situation and so very sad. X
What you're describing is professionalism
between nursing staff and patients. Good for you for the work you do but trying to dictate how people are really feeling is very odd indeed.

You don't have to be someone who has lost a family member or a nurse dealing with lots of dying patients to be able to feel the impact of someone's death. Furthermore there is a huge difference between grief that is reserved for the family and an outpouring of tributes etc from people who liked her. You're the one who seems to be blurring the lines.

Reactions: 11
According to my friend it was- she had actually tried to slash her own throat, that was how the whole thing came about. She read texts on his phone while he was asleep and began self harming with a kitchen knife. He woke and tried to stop her. The hitting him in the head with the lamp was as a result of him trying to get the knife off her and she picked up the first thing to hand to fend him off. Almost all of the blood at the scene was hers.
I know no one will ever know but I can imagine this is true, it makes sense why he called 999, more to protect her and stop her hurting herself? I was never her biggest fan, but it’s made me feel so sad she didn’t get the help that could have saved her. She obviously wasn’t a bad person as she has so many friends speaking out saying how amazing she was. Her friend posted this photo of her from Friday and she looks so beautiful and natural 😌
48075E94-4E2D-4B90-A273-B96117BFB76F.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 10
You know there’s a presumption of innocence in this country. I’m really shocked reading what some people are writing in here with minimal actual facts.

Hang on. I thought your partner (a magistrate) is meant not to have heard of Caroline Flack. You are also saying that magistrates only make a decision based on “evidence presented in court”. Interesting. So has your partner seen all the evidence then to say so categorically that Caroline should have “pled guilty at the first opportunity”. Or has he just relied on the tabloid press? I thought that magistrates didn’t read that stuff you said? I thought you said she’d have a “fair trial”.

Seriously. We know barely anything about the facts involved in all this.Maybe Caroline pled not guilty because she didn’t do it. What happened to the ‘presumption of innocence’ that magistrates are meant to uphold.

One final question about Caroline’s ex (Andrew Brady) who has accused her of being abusive in the past: did he ever go to the police with his allegations or did he just sell them to the tabloid press? (Genuine question, I know nothing about him)
Exactly this. Why would she plead guilty if she didn't do it? Lewis said she didn’t do it. What she did do we don’t exactly know, but how can we say what she should/shouldn’t have done in the absence of the actual evidence?

Reactions: 4
Honestly some of these comments are so upsetting. Have you ever been in that situation? In that place where you genuinely feel like you have no other option? Crying, numb, frightened, yet pumping with something. It’s a very dark place to be. I don’t mean a down day, I mean soul destroying, heart wrenching pain. Physically and mentally exhausted. All you can think of doing is wanting to die.
I’ve been there. I’ve been to the bleeping pits but I was found. My sister found me in time. If she hadn’t of come round that night to unexpectedly check on me, I wouldn’t be here. It is hell. Coming back from that is hell when you were convinced you were finally gonna end it all. That doesn’t make me a coward for it being a suicide attempt, not an actual suicide.
it hurts like hell. I’ve fought my mind so many times without people knowing. I’ve put on that front and convinced everyone I was ok. You’ve no idea of the pain and isolation you feel. Alone and better for everyone else if you’re not here anymore.
People are shocked. People are well within their right to pay their respects. You’ve no idea the reasons behind the post, the relationships they had, the memories shared. I’ve had someone to close to me pass away and sometimes I’ve wanted the reassurance and kind words from people around me. People live their lives on social media. Why can’t they show this too? This is real life, this tit still bleeping happens and I think so much awareness should be raised about it. There is still so much stigma around it and people have no idea how complex it actually is.
People need to know that support is there, even if it is just to talk. Sometimes that one message can make a whole lot of difference.
Continued awareness and massive education on mental health illnesses is still desperately needed. I would never call anyone a coward for taking their life. Infact the opposite. Can you imagine how scared, lonely and in pain they must be to get to that dark place where they see no other way forward and are about to take their lives? Possibly the bravest action to end your own life. I just wish them final peace from their pain with no judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Andrew talking about a witch hunt one that he basically started, I have to laugh. Wasn't he posting her NDA online for all to see to prove how awful she was.

Reactions: 24
I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace
I’m not sure about some of this, I’m not discrediting what you or your friend say but I don’t think it’s a case of “not meeting threshold”. A paramedic doesn’t have power to make that decision as they’d need some kind of AMHP/Nurse/Doctor. It sounds likely that they asked her to attend hospital for assessment and treatment and she refused, as she had capacity she is within her right to do so. If it was felt she was a danger to herself then the police should have been called and they could have detained her under a Section 136. She obviously said and did all the right things to convince them otherwise and having a friend with her would have only helped her argument to stay at home, whether the friend wanted it or not.

Andrew Brady did post the NDA online but I'm sure he's posted a few times about suffering abuse. When the story came out I think that's why everyone new his accusations were against Caroline. I don't think he started a witch hunt. I read her current boyfriend was trying to stop her harming herself weeks ago. It makes sense & also why she wore a scar to court covering her neck but not her décolletage. Seen molly mae from love island and pretty little thing donated to a charity. Also seen in the style have made tops to pre order will all proceeds going to charity.

Last edited:
It has been reported she started anti-depressants again after the DV. I too have had a spell of taking them also, and I felt they only heightened my low self esteem and dark thoughts.
Incredibly common in some types of anti-depressant medication sadly. I hope you’re feeling better now

Reactions: 5
Chris Brown literally beat Rihanna black and blue, and we saw the photos, and he still continued his career, has had hit singles, films, Grammy nominations (10 in fact)... that's how the media and the public treat men who beat their girlfriends, so what the duck are you on about? lol
If you know the whole story, RiRi walloped CB one first - yet CB will always be known as the one that attacked her. Not condoning either of them, obviously.

• Angry
  • Haha
I know no one will ever know but I can imagine this is true, it makes sense why he called 999, more to protect her and stop her hurting herself? I was never her biggest fan, but it’s made me feel so sad she didn’t get the help that could have saved her. She obviously wasn’t a bad person as she has so many friends speaking out saying how amazing she was. Her friend posted this photo of her from Friday and she looks so beautiful and natural 😌View attachment 85394
Jesus I swear I have never seen a bad photo of her?! She was totally my girl crush. I 100% appreciate that being this fit does not prevent someone from having serious problems/hardships, but she was bright, hot as hell, and had plenty of talent. What a bloody waste.

I am ashamed to say that I would watch the police body-cam footage from the evening of the original alleged assault on her b/f in a heartbeat if it was leaked though. I am not proud of that but at least I’m honest. She was reported to be horrified at it being released and in a sick sense that just piques my interest to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think it’s imoortant to point out that when it comes to sectioning, it’s a deliberately complex process, requiring multiple doctors opinions etc This is to protect people just as much as making it a easier might protect them:
It’s a very serious thing to remove an adults autonomy, you have to be sure it’s truely for their own good. It’s not unheard of for someone else to try and use sectioning as a way to control somebody or for other spurious reasons. It’s scary to think of what it means, that once it’s happened you saying “I’m ok and I want to leave” won’t have any effect. Total loss of control.
I think we should remember that when saying Caroline should have been forcibly hospitalised. Of course if they could have seen the future, yes. But it doesn’t seem that externally she met the conditions to impose something so extreme. And to lower those conditions is a terrifying prospect.

That said, there should have been better, less extreme; mental health care services available and more time given to her. Especially if it’s true she accidentally od’d on Friday?

Reactions: 9
I feel so sorry for Lou Teasdale, the friend who was with her. She said on Instagram that she's looking for tips to help her 8 year old daughter cope with loss, as she was also close to Felicite Tomlinson who died last year.

• Sad
Jesus I swear I have never seen a bad photo of her?! She was totally my girl crush. I 100% appreciate that being this fit does not prevent someone from having serious problems/hardships, but she was bright, hot as hell, and had plenty of talent. What a bloody waste.

I am ashamed to say that I would watch the police body-cam footage from the evening of the original alleged assault on her b/f in a heartbeat if it was leaked though. I am not proud of that but at least I’m honest. She was reported to be horrified at it being released and in a sick sense that just piques my interest to see it.
Agree with all of this.

Reactions: 3
She released her biography already. Storm in a C cup. People will no doubt buy this but only to get the gossip on what happened that night, not because they are I terested or wanting to understand her.
No it hasn’t been released yet. It was only announced today and will be released at the end of April.

It didn't happen like that. She wasn't even treated by the medics at the scene because she had no visible injuries other than slight cuts on her arms from the smashed lamp.
The bloke was the one who was treated for blood loss from his head injuries at the scene and caroline was hauled off to the police station.
Do you really think the cops put her in a cop car in handcuffs if she had throat wounds?Or questioned her at the station as she was leaking blood profusely from a slashed throat?
It's hugely tragic but rewriting history is silly and does her no favours. Keep it real.
The last article I read (yesterday) said Caroline was taken to hospital for treatment and questioned 12 hours later and the boyfriend had no significant injuries, so I guess if none of us were there or have access to the records, we can’t know which version is true.

• Haha
I am not disagreeing with you, but if she had indeed tried to slash her throat or neck, where are the scars from that in more recent photos, if that was the case? I realise she was hiding her neck at court and the airport with a scarf, but she has been photographed prior to this incident wearing a scarf the same way. I do however, believe she was very unwell and she possibly did self harm and if she was discovered in the act it could have caused her to panic and go into attack mode, not at all justifying ... just saying .... I just feel very sad that she felt so hopeless

Please educate yourself. Autism is not a mental health issue like depression or anxiety it is actually a neurodisability and it physically affects how autistics interact with the world.

I do feel in today’s society in general too many people use mental health as an exuse, I work in social housing and 99% of housing applications the applicant states mental health as a dissability ! At my daughters secondary school bad behaviour is normal my labeld oh that child has an issue such as autism or mental health!! I just think it’s over used and the culture of today can’t except criticism and be called out for bad behaviour!!!

I was a DV victim and the police were called to an incident where my head was smashed against a kitchen tap....... I begged and begged to not prosecute him but the cps chose to and you know what I’m so glad they did ..... or I could of ended up dead eventually.

Caroline flack clearly did have a lot of inner demons and she did need some serious help and that’s the point there are severe cases of mental health that get overlooked because too many people these days uses it as a crutch! But if what happend did happen I’m sorry I’m my opinion does not exuse the violent attack on her partner! The police were called for a reason! And the fact now in the press it’s saying she couldn’t handle the body cam footage being made public, of course that would be harrowing but at the end of the day don’t attack your bf then:..... I’m just sick of all these wanna be celebs crying wolf about mental health, it’s ok for them to show off their latest buys , new gifted lifestyles., flog diet pills etc, have dream non crying babies generally making joe public feel like tit but then kick up a stink when they get called out on their behaviour suddenly negative comments effect their lives and mental health!! Just so hypocritical I can’t take it!
My 15 year old is adamant she wants plastic surgery because of all these z listers?! They don’t think of the impact they have just tag line their new bodies as “new look... who dis” 🤢 kind of crap

As for CF though she really did need intervention she should of been sectioned before arrest for her own safety !! But should of defo still faced the consequences

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
If you know the whole story, RiRi walloped CB one first - yet CB will always be known as the one that attacked her. Not condoning either of them, obviously.
Ok... but I strongly doubt his face looked like hers did after. It’s not a logical argument to say “they both lashed out” if the balance of physical power is so skewed as it usually is. In an argument, a couple both have the power to insult one another, to say the most awful things etc and it’s up to them how far they go. If one person takes it up a notch, it’s at least understandable if the other retorts in kind.

But when only one side has the physical power to truely hurt, dominate and overpower it doesn’t work like that. That’s the power an adult has over a child too - you don’t use your strength to win an argument. Even if they do hit you, it doesn’t justify retaliating... and continuing. No one could look at those pictures of Rihanna’s face and claim it was ‘self defence’

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.