Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen what Andrew Brady has posted ?! Seems very angry and blaming a lot of people but he himself came out publicly and added fuel to the fire ... he isn’t as innocent either !
Andrew Brady was the first one to slam her, share his nda and say that she’d abused him. I said at the time he was disgusting and here he is again.
why wasn’t he saying she was a good person when he was trying to tear her down and messaging her boyfriend when it occurred. Utter prick

Reactions: 23
I have read so many things concerning the suicide of Caroline Flack, & no matter what it was her personal choice to end her life.
I come from a family that has had many suicides & people all look for reasons but most of the time before they do it they be one very calm so no one can anticipate their subsequent actions. It was reported her friend who had been staying with her for support went to the shops and was unable to get back into her home.
Hopefully she has the peace she wanted & her family get the support they need.
I wasn't a fan of her alive but death is so final.
Talking from personal experience only, suicide doesn't feel like a choice. It often feels like the only option.

Reactions: 11
maybe she didnt intend for it to actually work....didnt her friend just pop out to the shops or something? not sure what she did in that timeframe or even how long it actually was. no note? no message/email to family.....maybe just maybe it wasn't intended that she die, which makes it even sadder

how that friend must be feeling! and her dad, who i believe found her?

Reactions: 12
maybe she didnt intend for it to actually work....didnt her friend just pop out to the shops or something? not sure what she did in that timeframe or even how long it actually was. no note? no message/email to family.....maybe just maybe it wasn't intended that she die, which makes it even sadder

how that friend must be feeling! and her dad, who i believe found her?
I think the inquest will answer a lot of these questions. It will document who she was talking to, what she was saying, her general state of mind as well as things like her blood alcohol/drug levels. Without being callous, I think the method will be key to her intention.

Pills/booze/slit wrists - could be a cry for help.
Hanging - not so much (I keep thinking about that huge mezzanine her flat had 😢)

But women tend to use the former, men the latter.

What I do know about suicide is that not everyone who takes their own life appears to be at rock bottom at the time. You hear people say "oh, he/she was normal, happy even, just before it happened". But apparently, this is very common. The person has made up their mind to go through with it, a weight has been lifted and they can appear happier. She obviously did enough to convince her friend she was ok to be left.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
That petition is hilarious. 'Safeguarding' celebrities? Are they a protected group now, like people with a disability?

Utter nonsense. Flack, like every single 'influencer' discussed in these pages, developed a public persona crafted from the manipulation of public opinion, usually done through their own private PR teams. The story is the same in each case; they try to control the narrative and when they can't they complain about 'trolls' and being hounded by the media. Meghan Markle and Harry are currently doing exactly the same thing; employing expensive Hollywood PR to drip feed positive stories to the press all the while complaining about the stories they can't control.

Flack used social media to try and influence the direction of the case. This. along with the facts of the case would not have helped her cause. She was clearly very badly advised and should have pleaded guilty and avoided a trial.

Davis has her own PR drip feeding stories to the press when it suits her. She needs to ask her PR how the system actually works, especially when it comes to attributing spin to unnamed 'sources'. Davis will have profitted from these tactics. Celebrities don't need more protection, but we need more protection from those with large platforms who attempt to control the debate.

There are existing laws that cover much of what's in that petition and there are new regulations for social media in the pipeline. Unfortunately too many of those on Twitter will take Davis at face value and not realise that she is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
yes I've heard that before. I think it's something to do with having a clear plan to get them out of their problems :(

Reactions: 5
Despite what Andrew Brady did at the time, sharing the NDA and making it known to all she was allegedly a monster etc you can still tell from his statement he did genuinely love her and is affected by this. Probably would of been best to of just kept it about her though.

What’s interesting is he points the finger at her management.

such a :/ mess

Reactions: 10
I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Andrew Brady was the first one to slam her, share his nda and say that she’d abused him. I said at the time he was disgusting and here he is again.
why wasn’t he saying she was a good person when he was trying to tear her down and messaging her boyfriend when it occurred. Utter prick
And declaring his love now ?? Too late.

Reactions: 6
I'm not sure if you can believe this story about a friend just popping out for 5 minutes. I think itv and her management are covering their tracks and pretending they did all they could to help her. They both just want to make money and bad press will affect bottom lines.
I knew this story would be fake about the friend popping out for 5 minutes to pretend they were doing all they can.

Now revealed it was more like 6 hours. Of course not that it's the friends fault at all.

Still no one is talking about cocaine increases the risk of suicide 1600%

I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace
WHy didn't her family do a britney? She's been on anti depressants for years.

If even half of this is true (the 15 minutes I don't buy) she was let down on several levels.

Reactions: 6
An why so you think she “looked under the influence of something”?? We’re is that coming from ? All I see is a beautiful lady looking happy with her dog , Jesus Christ the bullshit people come out with an you wonder why tit happens , that has got to be one of the most pathetic things I’ve read today
It’s very obvious to me, look at her eyes- pupils and a glazed expression. I wasn’t insulting to her at all, calm down. If she had drug issues that doesn’t make her a bad person, if they do a toxicology report we’ll find out won’t we.

Reactions: 2

I had a feeling she might have hung herself. Only because of the ‘her friends popped to the shops’ to me popped means 15/20 mins, and I think an overdose would take a while to set in??
But as people have pointed out it’s now looking like it was more 5 hours she was gone so I’m really not sure. All very very sad and tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m amazed the narrative is being pushed to be the media. Emma Kenny (from TM) has decided it’s trolls.
I was quite amazed by Emma Kenny's outright hypocrisy on TM today. If CF had gone to trial, she'd have no doubt aggressively led an interview & phone-in on stamping out female perpetrators of DV.

Reactions: 11
Reading about caroline flacks suicide really made me think as it reminds me of how I felt as a victim of domestic violence.
I wouldn't blame the cps pushing ahead with the trial. I would blame the media and how the glitz and glam life also catupulates you into a world where everything you do is watched and scrutinised. There is a high price to fame. Yes she made a mistake but it shouldn't of resulted in her suicide.
My ex partner threatened suicide on a number of occasions after hurting me... the difference was what he did wasnt out there for all to talk about and judge.
Whether it was a cry for help gone wrong or deliberate it was clearly a result of the media pressure. She deserved the right to a fair trial and to be anonymous like everyone else.

Reactions: 3
And declaring his love now ?? Too late.
[/Q

Exactly. If he loved her so much, why did he cheat on her. She took him back and he did it again. Too late now to declare his love. Sadly, this tragedy will make this creep relevant again.

Reactions: 1
I only had the barest knowledge of Caroline Flack, never watched Love Island and haven't seen X Factor in a decade. A cursory google told me she was on antidepressants immediately after Strictly which was what, five years ago? She said she had horrific trouble getting off them and I believe her having been stuck on them years ago and becoming suicidal whilst on them. A very little known fact about these pills is they can actually cause the very thing they are designed to stop, suicidal ideation. I wonder if she was on them at the time of her death. But aside from that, she clearly seemed troubled for a long time and was, perhaps more than the threat of prison, terrified of the publicity surrounding the Police body cam footage, knowing it would be in the public domain forever if it was shown.

As for all the hooha about blaming the press and trolls, aye right! These celebs live for clicks and likes, they cannot then try to shut up the press when the craved for publicity shows up their negative behaviour. Of course it's tragic she took her life but it's not the press or social media to blame for that.
It has been reported she started anti-depressants again after the DV. I too have had a spell of taking them also, and I felt they only heightened my low self esteem and dark thoughts.

Reactions: 8
oh christ....15 mins?? i wonder if caroline had pretended to be feeling brighter and had requested something from the shops meaning she got that window of time? its sounding like the method was as mentioned by another poster. how horrific for the poor people finding her

doesn't it take a while for anti depressants to start to work? maybe it gets worse before it gets better with them

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.