Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is astonishingly dismissive of any feedback. Case in point, she copped some flack for her her vile commentary on a homeless person in NYC. Her unbelievable arrogance prevented her from deleting the commentary back then, and it’s still published on her website as of today.

In terms of her writing - she tries to conceal her analytical and linguistic limitations through co-opting trending academic buzzwords (emotional labor, lateral violence).

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Wow. I’ve never seen that before. What an awful thing to write. Especially for a woman who’s spends all her time criticising others for their ableism.

Reactions: 4
That’s revolting, classist and just mean. She’ll probably see it on here and remove it because she watches forums like this obsessively. It’s all she does (monitors her socials. No wonder she has no friends). Love how she only let’s people who agree with her comment on her social media. ‘I’m right, you’re wrong’. She’s a fourteen year old in a forty year old body.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow. I’ve never seen that before. What an awful thing to write. Especially for a woman who’s spends all her time criticising others for their ableism.
I hadn’t seen it either. Can someone do us a favour & out her on twitter?

Wow! Carly bravely calling out a woman for having back fat. What an impressive advocate for social justice she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another charming take from Carly… This time she’s serving fat-shaming with a side of self promotion.
Carly is against fat shaming now because she’s so woke and is a virtue signalling SJW. Love how she calls herself a ‘busty size ten’. Not from where I’m standing, sweetie. She sounds like a five year old when she brags, ‘I’m on tv and she’s not.’ No one cares, you hypocrite.

Reactions: 6
She is astonishingly dismissive of any feedback. Case in point, she copped some flack for her her vile commentary on a homeless person in NYC. Her unbelievable arrogance prevented her from deleting the commentary back then, and it’s still published on her website as of today.

In terms of her writing - she tries to conceal her analytical and linguistic limitations through co-opting trending academic buzzwords (emotional labor, lateral violence).
I read this or something similar somewhere before but can't find it now. Felt sick reading it at the time too.

Reactions: 3
i find her insufferable, and as someone is the disability community she DOES NOT represent me!

this is unconfirmed but I would love to know the truth - apparently she didn’t pay any of the contributors in the book Growing Up Disabled in Australia. She does bang on about paying disabled people so it may not be true, but rumors start somewhere right?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
i find her insufferable, and as someone is the disability community she DOES NOT represent me!

this is unconfirmed but I would love to know the truth - apparently she didn’t pay any of the contributors in the book Growing Up Disabled in Australia. She does bang on about paying disabled people so it may not be true, but rumors start somewhere right?!
Thats horrifying if it’s true. I’m curious to know what other people in the disability community think of her. It just doesn’t look like she does any advocacy. She’s more interested in taking selfies with d list celebs and posting photos of her expensive dress ups and food. I just have a feeling that she doesn’t represent who she claims to advocate for. Someone prove me wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i've been following carly for a while as she moves in similar circles to me. some of what she says is true but i always get the feeling that she's more motivated by fame and kudos than about improving representation of disabled people.

i remember when the john faine interview happened and i really got the feeling that she blew it way out of proportion as she sensed it as an opportunity to lift her profile. if you watched her you can't ask that episode (which predated the john faine interview) in the outtake she actually said she was disappointed nobody asked her if she could have sex (why would they? the episode was about about faces not genitals). then in the john faine interview, it was her who bought up being questioned about whether she could have sex first, john faine just responded. if you listen to the interview she doesn't seem bothered at all by what he said. it was only afterwards when she realised how some people were reacting to the interview that she decides to get offended as she saw it as an opportunity for more outrage material and to get some interviews. it's disgusting that she try and destroy someone's career just to get a bit more famous. i know john faine has said a lot of problematic stuff but i don't think he was in the wrong this time. if its so intrusive and inappropriate for people to ask about it, why bring it up in the first place?

she seems to burn through friends very quickly and is forever falling out with people, i wonder when she will realise that she is the common denominator in all of these experiences?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was listening when Faine spoke to Carly, and I recall thinking oh tit, he's gonna cop it now. She went for him, but thankfully he had such a strong and loyal following that she couldn't really tarnish him. She lives to react to perceived slights, and I think she does seem to delight a little too much in trying to drag people down.

Reactions: 5
100% it's going for fame playing on the ignorance and misguided sympathy of the general public. Jon never said her face "would be good for Halloween". He said "It CAN'T be good on Halloween". He was agreeing with her. He said some things he shouldn't have - that's what he was infamous for but he did not say what she claims. Jon was most likely leaving ABC anyway. He would not have resigned over that especially after apologising.

Every media article with her quote is a lie. The Project played that moment of the interview and no one questioned it. Carly lied about what he said on national TV right after the interview was played. The Project panel ignored it and continued with Carly's lie. Lisa Wilkinson called her "grace personified". It was sickening to watch.

Thats horrifying if it’s true. I’m curious to know what other people in the disability community think of her. It just doesn’t look like she does any advocacy. She’s more interested in taking selfies with d list celebs and posting photos of her expensive dress ups and food. I just have a feeling that she doesn’t represent who she claims to advocate for. Someone prove me wrong.
For a while she was claiming the book was her "2nd". Not her stories and dubious she did any editing anyway.

She also narrated every story in the audiobook. More depersonalisation of people telling their stories getting paid all the way.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
100% it's going for fame playing on the ignorance and misguided sympathy of the general public. Jon never said her face "would be good for Halloween". He said "It CAN'T be good on Halloween". He was agreeing with her. He said some things he shouldn't have - that's what he was infamous for but he did not say what she claims. Jon was most likely leaving ABC anyway. He would not have resigned over that especially after apologising.

Every media article with her quote is a lie. The Project played that moment of the interview and no one questioned it. Carly lied about what he said on national TV right after the interview was played. The Project panel ignored it and continued with Carly's lie. Lisa Wilkinson called her "grace personified". It was sickening to watch.

For a while she was claiming the book was her "2nd". Not her stories and dubious she did any editing anyway.

She also narrated every story in the audiobook. More depersonalisation of people telling their stories getting paid all the way.
‘So many voices don’t get heard.’ Except for yours, Carly.

I didn’t read the book she edited and all I’ve heard was that 99% of it was almost unreadable. Carly only chooses to ‘amplify’ her own voice and those of her mates - several she’s fallen out with since the book was published. No surprises there. All you need to do is look at her socials and it’s obvious who she doesn’t speak to anymore. So inclusive lol

Reactions: 7
This was funny. Carly asking for news outlets to commission her to write about savage gardens new song. She really has delusions of grandeur. Anyway she deleted it - I’m guessing because it got zero attention because nobody gives a f*** and anyone in their right mind would beg her not to write anything ever again.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8