Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for making this thread. She has been shitting me to tears recently and I wanted to come on here and have a whine, bit I'm pleased someone beat me to it!
God she's bleeping annoying.
She blocks anyone who disagrees with her, thinks she’s educating people (she’s not) and then panhandles for money so she can buy $400 jackets made of tinsel. She’s not short of a buck but still basically begs for money. It’s sickening when there are real disability advocates who don‘t ask for anything in return when they probably should.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else find it a little off putting that she somehow managed to weave in a plug for her book?
I looked at her book at my library and it’s basically a book version of her blog, so it’s nothing new. And the fangirling is insufferable. Like, GROW UP. You’re not 15.

Reactions: 5
I like Carly generally, have learnt a bit and bought her a drink on her website a few times. I found the Salvos stuff a bit icky as I had been to their church once with a friend and it gave me such awful vibes. So so horrible. I would like to see her say “here are better options” to support.
Please stop donating to her shoe fund!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone figured out what she's done to get an OAM or the Women's Leadership award (or any award ever)?

Reactions: 2
Has anyone figured out what she's done to get an OAM or the Women's Leadership award (or any award ever)?
As per her Wikipedia page:

Findlay was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in the 2020 Australia Day Honours for "service to people with a disability"

Pretty sure she updates this herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As per her Wikipedia page:

Findlay was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in the 2020 Australia Day Honours for "service to people with a disability"

Pretty sure she updates this herself.
Nothing says what she's specifically done to warrant any award. Have seen her target many disabled women. Not usually an awardable characteristic.

Wikipedia are on to her page: "This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to self-published sources; articles should not be based solely on such sources. Please help by adding reliable, independent sources. Immediately remove contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced."

• Haha
Don't forget the wacky badges! 😆
YES to this! Erstwilder used to be fun.

There is something not right about wearing brands in hope a brand will use you as a posterchild. Gorman the most obvious example.

Have been following Carly for a couple of years. Love her fashion, and her passion for advocacy. She has made me pause and consider issues I never would have been exposed to without following her account. I'm here to snark on the fact that she is sick of having to "provide people with info" when nobody is actually asking her to, as per her post today about her incident at the petrol station.

Maybe I'm just being a privileged witch though 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 927071
Anyway, her name has popped up a few times in the influencer threads (which I don't follow because I don't follow anyone except Carly and Emmylou Loves) and I thought maybe we could use a dedicated thread.

Thoughts?

View attachment 927074

View attachment 927075

View attachment 927076
I file this under "things that didn't happen". What was a child doing near a "bowser" (1950's service station it seems) and not in the car? The scene she set doesn't make sense especially with the sibling and the mother's response. Telling a parent to teach their kids "not to be scared" is not ok. Fear responses are natural and lifesaving. If anything, the children were scared of those sunnies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Carly’s behaviour has long been problematic and as someone who dared to publicly disagree with her many moons ago, I felt the sting for a long time.

She’s a bully. There’s many other words I could put around that, and you guys have all done a fabulous job of identifying them - but bully is at the core.

She won’t hesitate to stalk, defame, harass, and take intentional steps to harm those she disagrees with - or perceives to disagree with her - with real world impacts both professionally and personally for those on the receiving end.

The trail of destruction from one group to the next; blogging, fashion, advocacy, writing, is palatable.

For those who’ve known about her for years, it’s nice to see that others have started to take note. Maybe she’ll finally be called out for what she is? Even if it’s just a terrible dresser.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
YES to this! Erstwilder used to be fun.

There is something not right about wearing brands in hope a brand will use you as a posterchild. Gorman the most obvious example.

I file this under "things that didn't happen". What was a child doing near a "bowser" (1950's service station it seems) and not in the car? The scene she set doesn't make sense especially with the sibling and the mother's response. Telling a parent to teach their kids "not to be scared" is not ok. Fear responses are natural and lifesaving. If anything, the children were scared of those sunnies.
she has a super active imagination Aka makes tit up

Carly’s behaviour has long been problematic and as someone who dared to publicly disagree with her many moons ago, I felt the sting for a long time.

She’s a bully. There’s many other words I could put around that, and you guys have all done a fabulous job of identifying them - but bully is at the core.

She won’t hesitate to stalk, defame, harass, and take intentional steps to harm those she disagrees with - or perceives to disagree with her - with real world impacts both professionally and personally for those on the receiving end.

The trail of destruction from one group to the next; blogging, fashion, advocacy, writing, is palatable.

For those who’ve known about her for years, it’s nice to see that others have started to take note. Maybe she’ll finally be called out for what she is? Even if it’s just a terrible dresser.
I doubt she’ll be called out because she’ll just scream ABLEISM lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I wish everyone can see past the advocacy posts and the " wow, she's so brave" and recognize she's a bully. Unfortunately, she has a vocal group of supporters who give her a platform cos it's trendy to be woke ( Mammania, shameless, ABC).
The amount of people who buy into her activism astounds me.

Reactions: 7
I doubt she’ll be called out because she’ll just scream ABLEISM lol
Every single time. And this is one of the issues. She’s happy to point fingers at anyone who she deems less than, but if those fingers come back her way - she cries victim. Allowing her to get away with truly disgraceful behaviour.

I wish everyone can see past the advocacy posts and the " wow, she's so brave" and recognize she's a bully. Unfortunately, she has a vocal group of supporters who give her a platform cos it's trendy to be woke ( Mammania, shameless, ABC).
And yet, they don’t seem to be same people for long. She seems to churn through them pretty quickly.

But you’re right. The fan girls are full on, and she’s well versed in the practices of astroturfing. Both resulting in an unpleasant experience for those who speak up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Slacktivism. She’s no activist because she is so centred on herself and what she can get out of others. I get the vibe she’s a real user.

Last edited:

I have long found her troubling and am often surprised at the sheer amount of fangirls she has who seem to not see through her constant victim roleplay. From the moment I met her in person years ago I had a bad feeling. That was confirmed when a few years later she emailed me directly trying to defend herself and her unfounded, aggressive actions targeting a good friend of mine who she stalked and repeatedly went after. It was completely inappropriate and disturbing behaviour.

As to the "child at the bowser" post, I have often seen her invent scenarios surrounding the actions of children towards her that just would not happen. My children have been around her at events and took no notice. I appreciate her lived experience of a facial difference, but inventing scenarios where children always cower in her presence (due in her tweets to awful parenting) just isn't real. They go beyond lies into the elaborate fantasy category. The reason this disturbs me so much is that she has often gone after people for their parenting as they advocate for their own children while not being a parent herself. She inserts herself into situations (and then centres herself) where she is not even remotely mentioned and shames parents for sharing their story of parenting or seeking help. To be clear, I am not referring to children with her specific skin condition, but completely unrelated issues. Then she exhaustingly demands we as the general public stop making her "do emotional labour."

I feel like there will never be an end to her behaviour and gaslighting, so I was happy to see I was not alone in my observations.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Her fashion? Dear lord 😑
Technicolour/unicorn spew. Did you read her break up letter with Gorman? That was next level. I think she got annoyed that they wouldn’t use her as a model even though she tagged them in every single post 😂 I don’t think they even responded. Why would they?

• Haha
She’s painful.

I give her full credit for establishing a writing career, though. I’ve watched her work really hard at that over the years and achieve success despite being a mediocre writer.

She’s so tedious, though. There’s nothing she won’t whinge about. Even the New Year’s Eve fireworks are bad, according to Carly. Her letter to Gorman was ridiculous, I was embarrassed for her reading her complain that Gorman never liked her Instagram photos or featured her as a model.

Her dress sense is awful. She looks like a toddler dressed her. But if they did, she’d just write an article calling out the toddler for being ableist.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s painful.

I give her full credit for establishing a writing career, though. I’ve watched her work really hard at that over the years and achieve success despite being a mediocre writer.

She’s so tedious, though. There’s nothing she won’t whinge about. Even the New Year’s Eve fireworks are bad, according to Carly. Her letter to Gorman was ridiculous, I was embarrassed for her reading her complain that Gorman never liked her Instagram photos or featured her as a model.

Her dress sense is awful. She looks like a toddler dressed her. But if they did, she’d just write an article calling out the toddler for being ableist.
Someone said her dress sense was like a toddlers and then she tried to make “toddler chic” a thing. Emphasis on “tried”.