Carly Burd Salty Allotment #2 More red flags than Beijing on May Day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Salad bags are "use by", no? In which case she's possibly on the wrong side of the law.

eta no wait I just looked at the Tesco bag of spinach languishing in my fridge and it's a Best Before, so I guess she's alright

I'm guessing she's not doing Olio as there's no reference to the app, but as others have said per the Olio guidance

Screenshot_2023-12-03-09-54-10-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-03-09-53-32-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

---
WAIT never mind, just zoomed in on the photo and some of them are use by
---
And the 29 Nov stuff advertised yesterday is use by too. I suppose she could be reusing photos, but that's a bit silly. What if I'm set on some soggy radishes and parsley sauce for my tea and I get there and it's just expired mushroom stir fry mix?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don’t think she’s reusing photos (I know she has in the past though). The stuff she‘s posted today would still be saleable yesterday. Most of the food in those photos has Use By dates so illegal to give away on Olio.

Reactions: 7
She's going to poison someone. I feel another complaint coming on.

Edit: I'm not familiar with facebook pages, does this mean she's hiding comments?

1701599219685.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
A quarter of a million pounds and if you can get yourself to her driveway you can treat yourself to some out of date bread. Fantastic.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Who doesn’t love an out of date salad on a cold December day. Tesco are obviously giving the actual food to proper local services. I see posts come up on neighbourhood groups and it’s full meal items, some near Nando’s and KFC even get their frozen chicken.

Looks like the person who was calling out the lack of movement on the CIC formation and pointing out issues with the "beg me for vouchers you might not be able to use" scheme has either left the group or been banned (the name's greyed out and you can't tag her in a reply, and that little icon next to her name means she's not in the group any more). If Carly's banned her, so much for her believing in freedom of speech.

1701605246657.png

I can't wait to see St Carly of Harlow's responses to any formal investigations started as a result of complaints being made to statutory bodies.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Looks like the person who was calling out the lack of movement on the CIC formation and pointing out issues with the "beg me for vouchers you might not be able to use" scheme has either left the group or been banned (the name's greyed out and you can't tag her in a reply, and that little icon next to her name means she's not in the group any more). If Carly's banned her, so much for her believing in freedom of speech.

View attachment 2607255
I can't wait to see St Carly of Harlow's responses to any formal investigations started as a result of complaints being made to statutory bodies.
She's spent 15 months setting up a company that could be done in an hour by a competent person. £250k in donations are unaccounted for. Her reaction to scrutiny is appalling. The service she is providing is unprofessional and demeaning to users. But because she has "done good" we're supposed to ignore all of that.

ETA: At the start of this I thought she was a well meaning idiot. But this isn't well meaning and it is worse than idiotic.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I see she’s giving away out of date food again. This is dangerous surely.
View attachment 2606975View attachment 2606976View attachment 2606977View attachment 2606978

Thick prick. They have USE BY dates circled on those photographs.

Use-by dates are about safety
A use-by date on food is about safety. This is the most important date to remember. Never eat food after the use-by date, even if it looks and smells ok, as it could make you very ill.

You can eat food until midnight on the use-by date shown on a product, but not after, unless the food has been cooked or frozen. You will see use-by dates on food that goes off quickly, such as meat products or ready-to-eat salads.

For the use-by date to be a valid guide, you must carefully follow the food's storage instructions. For example, if the instructions on the packaging tell you to refrigerate after opening, you should keep the food in a fridge at 5°C or below. Find out more about chilling your food correctly.

Best before and use-by dates | Food Standards Agency

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.