Carly Burd Salty Allotment #2 More red flags than Beijing on May Day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by me, nominated by @Lazarus

Woo-hoo, my first thread title.

Carly Burd has collected over a quarter of a million pounds by crying on tiktok and has mysteriously failed to start the CIC she keeps promising to start, which means that quarter of a million pounds is currently under her sole control, gosh it's a mystery how come it's taking so long to convert her limited company into a CIC.

Mysteriously, after she raised that quarter of a million pounds that is currently under her sole control, an old boyfriend appeared on the scene, aww, isn't it romantic?

The local supermarkets offload all their old and out of date stock on her to save themselves the cost of sending it to landfill, she sticks it on her drive with no thought to food hygiene (mmm, diesel particulate sandwiches, yummy), for people to help themselves FOR FREE.

She's got an allotment. She thinks this allotment will cure everything from teens skipping school to the epidemic of loneliness in elderly people. She doesn't appear to have a clue about safeguarding (or, let's face it, anything else).
---
So tell me, Wayne, what first attracted you to the woman with £250,000 in the bank?

1700472679954.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Wonderful new thread title and recap. It is almost December and this "charity" has been a private limited company held in only one name since it was registered in April. It isn't clear what has happened to the money. GFM are unlikely to have held on to it for such a long time and with no business bank account, well, where is it?

Reactions: 15
I was trying to find photos of Saint Carlz, patron saint of stale bread, turning on the Christmas lights but nothing 😥

I did come across this glimpse into the future..

Screenshot_20231120_131016_Samsung Internet.jpg

"They're buried over there, officers. All 250,000 of them"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Carly seems to be the worst combination of disorganised, a bit thick, stubborn and with a massive saviour complex.

If she's struggling with her health conditions, she falls behind and people who are relying on her have to request updates on the facebook page. This poor person was told they're getting a bag on Thursday but it's next week.

1700485960064.png

People have to ask when they're getting help:
1700486083075.png

This person offered to help in the past but Carly has only just told them they need to be DBS checked by a meal on me:
1700486279336.png

"Finding it so hard"

1700486396076.png

Responds to the people telling her to take care of herself (the huggy heart responses are all her), ignores the people asking for parcels
1700486580162.png

I can't imagine organising a charity like this, with people just abandoned if she's having a bad day or receiving medical treatment, messages getting lost, not responded to.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Carly seems to be the worst combination of disorganised, a bit thick, stubborn and with a massive saviour complex.

If she's struggling with her health conditions, she falls behind and people who are relying on her have to request updates on the facebook page. This poor person was told they're getting a bag on Thursday but it's next week.

View attachment 2582515

People have to ask when they're getting help:
View attachment 2582517

This person offered to help in the past but Carly has only just told them they need to be DBS checked by a meal on me:
View attachment 2582523

"Finding it so hard"

View attachment 2582524

Responds to the people telling her to take care of herself (the huggy heart responses are all her), ignores the people asking for parcels
View attachment 2582529
I can't imagine organising a charity like this, with people just abandoned if she's having a bad day or receiving medical treatment, messages getting lost, not responded to.
That's a bit tit. Can't Wayne the Wonderful drop the parcels off? And do delivery drivers need a DBS?

Reactions: 14
I was trying to find photos of Saint Carlz, patron saint of stale bread, turning on the Christmas lights but nothing 😥
There's a video on the facebook page. I don't want to link directly as it looks like someone's posted it from their own profile. It's chaos as Carly, unplanned and unrehearsed, had the bright idea of forming a human chain so "everyone" turned the lights on. They had to get people to come back on stage to reach down into the audience.

• Haha
That's a bit tit. Can't Wayne the Wonderful drop the parcels off? And do delivery drivers need a DBS?
Opinions vary but I had to have a DBS check when I did deliveries. You get a lot of very young kids answering the door or wanting to help take the shopping in item by item (lol, those ones took forever!) not to mention all the personal data concerns about knowing people's names and addresses, seeing inside their houses etc.

Just Eat who would tend to deliver at night and would tend to just hand over a bag of takeaway and then scarper probably not, but food parcel deliveries to obviously vulnerable households I would say yes they should.

Those screen shots above of the people asking for parcels and her being ill is just a shambles. St. Carly just needs to let other people help, there's no shame in it, she can still be the figurehead and take the glory as organiser/founder, in fact by accepting help she can reach a lot more people in need, so why wouldn't you. She could also then legitimately take a salary for her time organising and managing the volunteers.

You have to wonder, for all these people begging her for help, what has happened to the normal support channels in the area, have the usual foodbanks just given up and withdrawn from the area because she's impossible to work with/alongside and they can't get a look in, or they can't get any donations in those areas because she takes them all? Or are the people asking for help, double dipping from the regular food charities and her as well?

I still say with over £250k in the bank the best and easiest thing she could have done would have been to invest it with a major retailer and simply pay them to provide and deliver £5000 of food parcels a week, that would have lasted a year and I bet for the publicity the right supermarket or food delivery company would have matched it anyway and either delivered twice as much or for two years instead of one. Then she would have had a solid 1-2 years to fully concentrate on getting the allotment or small holding operation up to speed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
They must be going into the houses of vulnerable people.

People having to beg for food on her Facebook page is gross and disgusting. People who thought they would be fed this week but it won't be until next week (maybe) is also disgusting. This is a horrible business sitting on £250k but not hiring an administrator who could sort all this (and do the DBS checks etc.)

ETA: She could have paid for a one day a week administrator with the Gift Aid she has thrown away. I think to waste donated money like this is cruel. I don't care if she's thick as tit. It is wicked what she is doing.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
There's a video on the facebook page. I don't want to link directly as it looks like someone's posted it from their own profile. It's chaos as Carly, unplanned and unrehearsed, had the bright idea of forming a human chain so "everyone" turned the lights on. They had to get people to come back on stage to reach down into the audience.
I refuse to believe this - sorry, laughing my head off, just typing that. 🤣 Everything she touches turns to chaos.

Effortlessly!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
she's at a hospital down the road from me tomorrow. The temptation to turn up and beat her over the head with the Oxford English Dictionary open at "puncture" is quite strong.*

* note for anyone reading this before you start having hysterics and screaming about assault and threats: this is a joke. I would not actually turn up at the hospital, either with a dictionary or a list of pointed questions, such as "why is it taking so long to sort this out?" "do you have the faintest clue what you are doing?" "did you realise that by not taking competent advice at the start you've done your organisation out of £50,000 of Gift Aid?" "how come you don't realise that this is too big for just one person to deal with?" and "You know Wayne's an absolute wrong'un, don't you?"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I definitely get the feeling that she thinks the people she helps should just be grateful (and send her a personal message of thanks, of course) and any delay or failure on her side is okay because she's doing this FOR FREE and if they have any problems with this service they shouldn't dare to complain as it is FOR FREE.

This might sound mean but it's not intended to be, but she should not be putting this out there in the same place that she's communicating with the people she's helping FOR FREE with her food parcels. I'm sure it does have an effect on her health but that's not these people's fault and they almost certainly already feel guilty that they've had to ask for help in the first place, so letting them know how much you suffer for their sake is not appropriate. She could just not do any of this, it's a choice she's made and there are other people doing the same that she can direct enquiries towards while taking a break from it herself. It's like buying someone a Christmas present and telling them that you can't afford the gas bill when you hand it to them, it might be true but making them feel guilty for a choice you made is never "kind" and especially when you're dealing with people who may themselves be vulnerable in some way.

Do we know how many other people are involved? I know it was mentioned that there must be drivers as Carlzzzz herself doesn't drive. Can she not plan around hospital dates and have backup plans for unexpected bad days?

• Heart
I definitely get the feeling that she thinks the people she helps should just be grateful (and send her a personal message of thanks, of course) and any delay or failure on her side is okay because she's doing this FOR FREE and if they have any problems with this service they shouldn't dare to complain as it is FOR FREE.

This might sound mean but it's not intended to be, but she should not be putting this out there in the same place that she's communicating with the people she's helping FOR FREE with her food parcels. I'm sure it does have an effect on her health but that's not these people's fault and they almost certainly already feel guilty that they've had to ask for help in the first place, so letting them know how much you suffer for their sake is not appropriate. She could just not do any of this, it's a choice she's made and there are other people doing the same that she can direct enquiries towards while taking a break from it herself. It's like buying someone a Christmas present and telling them that you can't afford the gas bill when you hand it to them, it might be true but making them feel guilty for a choice you made is never "kind" and especially when you're dealing with people who may themselves be vulnerable in some way.

Do we know how many other people are involved? I know it was mentioned that there must be drivers as Carlzzzz herself doesn't drive. Can she not plan around hospital dates and have backup plans for unexpected bad days?
The only thing Carlz can plan is ending teen pregnancy, and stopping plastic waste by getting worms to eat carrier bags, on her magic allotment.

• Haha
I've been scrolling through the replies to the posts on the A Meal From Me With Love page and I had to stop, I found it too upsetting. Just endless people saying "am I getting a parcel?" "I don't think my message has been read?" "When will my parcel be delivered?"

It's disgusting that she's so disorganised that people have to beg for food like this on a public page.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Yeah, imagine how desperate you must be to admit you’re struggling like that on a public Facebook page ☹

• Sad
She's got drivers that drop off so what's the hold up? Does she personally oversee who gets what, like Sheila from down the road gets in-date Warburtons for commenting how extra amazing she is?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Y'know, I'm actually bleeping disgusted at her laissez-faire attitude to it all.

Assets beyond most people's wildest dreams, but she holds the desperate hostage in exchange for headpats.

😠

• Sad
  • Angry
She's got drivers that drop off so what's the hold up? Does she personally oversee who gets what, like Sheila from down the road gets in-date Warburtons for commenting how extra amazing she is?
I'm pretty sure she packs all the bags herself, and I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't impartial in terms of who got what. I also wouldn't be surprised if I learned she was heavy on the block button if people criticised her or were too "needy" (in her view. If I was so desperate I was reduced to begging on a public Facebook page, damn right I'd be needy).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.