Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The weird thing is, at the time I thought he was walking around the garden of his retirement home (probably because I'm far too working class to assume houses that big are anything else lol)

P.S. I also think it wasn't clearly stated at the time because the media/press wanted us to think he was 'one of us' for want of a better term.

Reactions: 27
The room in pic 13 and 14 is horrible, clashing carpet, wallpaper, curtains and sofa. And all the recessed spot lights. Awful looking in a house like that. And the flaggy teenage boys room. That's not normal.

I am very disappointed they haven't had a Tom trail around the grounds, a bit like the International date line at Greenwich they could have had a metal plaque marking out where he started his epic laps and then perhaps a series of markers every few meters with a significant life event. Maybe they can put it in before they move. I was thinking something like born, rode a motorbike left the army, dumped first wife cos she was frigid, fathered HANNAH (this could be a special golden marker), became grandfather to the nation, met Russ Abbott, died.

Sad that the demolished site of the charity offices/card storage facility and spa are not shown. I can see why they would need a space to run their charity due to only having 7 bedrooms in the main house plus an office, cellar and snug. Plus the coach house with its 3 offices and gym, storage rooms and an attic room. Must be difficult to be so tight on space for Hannah's ego

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Confidentiality agreement - is this so people don't mention all the Captain Tom memorabilia she's got in there?

Too bad, it's in all the photos on Rightmove - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147224183#/?channel=RES_BUY - statue (photo 6), army uniform chair (photo 14) and teddy bear with walking frame (photo 18)

Also what a dull, plain, soulless house. Much like it's owners!
Bet the neighbours are delighted.

WTF did they need an office and storage for the 'charity' for, given that they already have four offices and a gym to stick the spa in?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just watched the video tour on the rightmove page, bloody hell a life of grifting clearly pays well doesn't it?

Disappointed that Hannah herself didn't pop up mid-tour although I'm pretty sure we've now seen her toilet.

Bloke on the video tour says at the end "if you have any questions please ask me", first thing I'd be asking knowing the dodgy history of the property is whether all the requisite planning permissions were properly obtained over the years (especially for that Coach House being used as an AirB&B!) :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Bloke on the video tour says at the end "if you have any questions please ask me", first thing I'd be asking knowing the dodgy history of the property is whether all the requisite planning permissions were properly obtained over the years (especially for that Coach House being used as an AirB&B!) :D
According to the plan, there's no bathroom in the Coach House, just loos on each floor. The kitchen is off the gym too. That surely wouldn't look good on Air B&B.

There's a bloody big storeroom on the ground floor that they could have stuck the spa in.

Reactions: 4
It's just occurred to me that I would be afraid to buy the property in case the ghost of the captain is stuck in an energy loop, doing laps around the garden. At night, you look out and see the zimmer frame gleaming in the moonlight.

Edit to add: And as you turn over to try and sleep, you hear Never Walk Alone by Captain Tom and Michael Ball, in an endless loop... 🤣😱

Ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's just occurred to me that I would be afraid to buy the property in case the ghost of the captain is stuck in an energy loop, doing laps around the garden. At night, you look out and see the zimmer frame gleaming in the moonlight.

Edit to add: And as you turn over to try and sleep, you hear Never Walk Alone by Captain Tom and Michael Ball, in an endless loop... 🤣😱

Ha ha
Lol lol lol

Listening to the song on repeat is truly the stuff of nightmares...

I wonder if even 1 person in the world other than a family member still chooses to listen to the song because they enjoy it

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Ha ha
I think I would dread Hannah returning to visit even more 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is probably hoping the national trust buy it to preserve her fathers, sir captain tom don't you know, memory for future generations.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She is probably hoping the national trust buy it to preserve her fathers, sir captain tom don't you know, memory for future generations.
Nah, you have to give it to the NT, preferably with lots of moolah 💰.

Reactions: 3
My whole flat would just about fit into that master bedroom.

But what's the point of all that space and lack of character? The heating and upkeep must cost an absolute fortune.

They should of spent a bit on the kitchen to replace that very dated, tired and souless room if they really want to get that price.

Reactions: 5
My whole flat would just about fit into that master bedroom.

But what's the point of all that space and lack of character? The heating and upkeep must cost an absolute fortune.

They should of spent a bit on the kitchen to replace that very dated, tired and souless room if they really want to get that price.
No doubt hoping the "celebrity" will help but

House prices round here are a joke anyway and it would be on the doorstep of the proposed UK Universal Studios (I plan to sell up and F off if/when that's approved and built aswell 🙈)

Reactions: 4

Ha ha
That's it, I'm withdrawing my offer on the house immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: 9