Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were talking about this film idea three years ago and nothing came of it, it definitely won't materialise now that even those who were initially interested couldn't care less.

If it happens I want to see a scene where his first wife tells him she has a headache and then he sneaks into the bathroom to angrily knock one out over a photograph of Vera Lynn.
As he dreams of a threesome - Captain Tom does double Dames - Vera Lynn and Thora Hird!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Harry Styles plays young Tom the heartthrob soldier. Hasn't he already played a role like that? Nadia Sawahla is Hannah. Eamon Holmes the husband. Can you think who could play the son & daughter? 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Harry Styles plays young Tom the heartthrob soldier. Hasn't he already played a role like that? Nadia Sawahla is Hannah. Eamon Holmes the husband. Can you think who could play the son & daughter? 🤓
Alex Kingston for Hannah, because she totally ruined Doctor Who for me whenever she popped up being all smug.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Jesus Christ. But why though? Why would you do this?
In regards to the film, it's going to be tit isn't it? Much as I'd love it to be an all action war movie fictitious tale (with Tom Cruise playing the main role and doing all his own stunts) it's going to be much worse.
It will be a twee and cutesy tale of a sweet but eccentric Captain Tom. He'll mutter to himself and the camera will focus on him making a cup of tea and him staring wistfully out of the window saying 'turned out nice again' to his cat.
Then it will be shots of his adoring daughter (played by Alex Kingston or Tracey Ann Oberman) saying 'you can't stay inside all the time dad, why don't you go for a nice little walk round the garden?'
I already hate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
In an ideal world they will make the biopic teary oscar bait right up until the garden walking when it cuts to the Benny Hill music and Hannah chasing him round the garden with a massive whip.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Fits with their demographic I suppose, that husband is definitely an avid GB News watcher.

Reactions: 5
Hannah is just doing her usual self publicity here and also hoping this will be top of the search engines rather than the dodgy stuff.

Looking past the tabloid guff (which claims Richard Loncraine is attached to direct yet he isn't on IMDB), the two writers of this have good pedigree but are also producers, with one other producer attached. So essentially they have optioned the rights to his life story and are trying to drum up interest, I'd say they are a bit late and it will end up in the Jamie Vardy movie scrapheap. It may well happen of course, but without the leads attached it's not exactly nailed on as Hannah thinks it is.

I write screenplays as a hobby and even if you are lucky enough to have one optioned, survive rewrites, studio inteference, cast top actors, projects still easily fall apart. The amount of films you read about where they had 5 different actors attached for the lead at different points as it languished for a decade is unreal. Any film being made, regardless of quality, is a minor miracle.

Reactions: 8
I will only watch it if they cast Idris Elba as Captain Tom. He's probably too old to play Bond now, but not old enough that he couldn't play a wide range of ages spanning Captain Tom's life. Come on, Idris!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hannah is just doing her usual self publicity here and also hoping this will be top of the search engines rather than the dodgy stuff.

Looking past the tabloid guff (which claims Richard Loncraine is attached to direct yet he isn't on IMDB), the two writers of this have good pedigree but are also producers, with one other producer attached. So essentially they have optioned the rights to his life story and are trying to drum up interest, I'd say they are a bit late and it will end up in the Jamie Vardy movie scrapheap. It may well happen of course, but without the leads attached it's not exactly nailed on as Hannah thinks it is.

I write screenplays as a hobby and even if you are lucky enough to have one optioned, survive rewrites, studio inteference, cast top actors, projects still easily fall apart. The amount of films you read about where they had 5 different actors attached for the lead at different points as it languished for a decade is unreal. Any film being made, regardless of quality, is a minor miracle.
Would laugh if it was made but interest only extended as fas as it making it to the Channel 5 afternoon movie slot!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.