Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this little snippet in the Guardian's article and talk about blowing your own trumpet!
It's pretty disappointing it took them all so long to cotton on. The whole of Hannah's site was like a parody of the worst apprentice contestant ever. It was so blatant the whole time.

Her arrogance was off the scale and all the over the top gushing made her feel invincible.

Loving BBC reporting outside their 'private gated house'....🤣
Places like the BBC share the blame with their lack of due diligence. Just like they do with jack monroe and let her spout off pure fantasy as if it's factual.

Reactions: 36
I watched a clip from This morning with Hannah playing the victim but talking so fast and skipping over specifics that were put to her. It was a very manipulative performance where she was the hero and now her children were upset. Awful

Reactions: 11
I watched a clip from This morning with Hannah playing the victim but talking so fast and skipping over specifics that were put to her. It was a very manipulative performance where she was the hero and now her children were upset. Awful
She’s an embarrassment to her kids, they will get teased forever more. As if she didn’t have enough money, they are not exactly hard up are they. Let’s hope she’s shown for what’s he is.

Reactions: 17
TBF on mumsnet I saw a few threads calling Hannah out however they all got zapped. The Mumsnet mods have no morals or sense of decency whatsoever

Reactions: 18
The Captain Tom "phenomenon" felt jingoistic to me, ties in with "the good old days, take back control by voting for Brexit, keep Britain British, god bless our veteran heroes and keep supporting the war". I've no issue with war veterans and admire some, but sick of every one of them being painted as heroes, they are human too. I don't wear a poppy and respect others right to choose to wear one or not to.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just watched the this morning interview, it hasn't aged well; Hannah was keen to say it wasn't an investigation (earlier in the year) and they were only working with them :LOL:

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.49.14.png

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.46.03.png

Screenshot 2022-06-30 21.46.54.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The Captain Tom "phenomenon" felt jingoistic to me, ties in with "the good old days, take back control by voting for Brexit, keep Britain British, god bless our veteran heroes and keep supporting the war". I've no issue with war veterans and admire some, but sick of every one of them being painted as heroes, they are human too. I don't wear a poppy and respect others right to choose to wear one or not to.
I refuse to wear one when it became ok to start bashing anyone who didn’t. Live and let live. I am also very reluctant to pretend every veteran is a hero. We have a lot of atoning to do in this country. My grandfather survived a German prison of war camp and returned a hero. He also returned violent and beat my grandmother and father. I really wish history was more honest about the realities of ‘winning’ a war. It comes at a price and no one in this country wants to talk about that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Awwwww, feels so good to be right, doesn't it folks? Tomorrow truly will be a good day. 🤗🤗😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Get yours now, only £99.99 (plus £9.99 P&P). (Some proceeds might go to charity.)

323532 (1).png

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Yel

I'm not quite sure how the charity commission works. But it reflects pretty badly on them that Hannah and her husband were allowed to be trustees and set up their own limited company to trademark a plethora of trademarks of variations on her dad's name. It's like using the apple or Google tax avoidance stuff to syphon off money.

Then after she stopped being a trustee they blocked her being paid 100k a year for 3 days a week for her to run it but approved her to temporarily run it for 85k a year despite her partner being a trustee. Shouldn't they have got involved much earlier?

Reactions: 22
How could she justify paying herself £100,000 a year for 3 days work a week? That's actually an embarrassment, ok technically she might not have anything wrong but morally has she no shame her dad will be turning in his spitfire

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How could she justify paying herself £100,000 a year for 3 days work a week? That's actually an embarrassment, ok technically she might not have anything wrong but morally has she no shame her dad will be turning in his spitfire
It’s obvious she’s a total moral vacuum though.

Reactions: 12
I'm not quite sure how the charity commission works. But it reflects pretty badly on them that Hannah and her husband were allowed to be trustees and set up their own limited company to trademark a plethora of trademarks of variations on her dad's name. It's like using the apple or Google tax avoidance stuff to syphon off money.

Then after she stopped being a trustee they blocked her being paid 100k a year for 3 days a week for her to run it but approved her to temporarily run it for 85k a year despite her partner being a trustee. Shouldn't they have got involved much earlier?
It seems to be far too easy for just about anyone to set up a charity and then profit more than handsomely from it. 😡

Reactions: 15
I refuse to wear one when it became ok to start bashing anyone who didn’t. Live and let live. I am also very reluctant to pretend every veteran is a hero. We have a lot of atoning to do in this country. My grandfather survived a German prison of war camp and returned a hero. He also returned violent and beat my grandmother and father. I really wish history was more honest about the realities of ‘winning’ a war. It comes at a price and no one in this country wants to talk about that.
Absolutely, unfortunately history is written by the victors so we end up with a rose tinted view of WW2 etc where everyone was a hero and did no wrong, a quick google of allied war crimes is quite eye opening just because it is rarely addressed in the rhetoric we are forcefed. The same rhetoric that saw Sir Captain Tom elevated above his covid peers doing similar charitable activities. Of course he didn't commit any war crimes but why was his effort any more worthy than others?

Reactions: 15
Absolutely, unfortunately history is written by the victors so we end up with a rose tinted view of WW2 etc where everyone was a hero and did no wrong, a quick google of allied war crimes is quite eye opening just because it is rarely addressed in the rhetoric we are forcefed. The same rhetoric that saw Sir Captain Tom elevated above his covid peers doing similar charitable activities. Of course he didn't commit any war crimes but why was his effort any more worthy than others?
I think it got elevated too because one of the factors was that he's one of the last ww2 vets in UK, gave people a novelty factor and the sense that this was the last chance to celebrate a veteran, regardless of Captain Tom's actual role during the war. If you were 18 between 1939-1945 and presumably were the youngest that possibly could have fought you'd have been 94-99 during lockdown, can't be many of them vets left.

Reactions: 9
He had a daughter who pushed the PR big time, way more than others that were also raising funds. Also a “captain“ sounds more of a story and more marketable than just a civilian, etc.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.