Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me she has the perpetual look of a child who's been apprehended with their hand in something. It's round the eyes. I could well be projecting this after all thats happened tbf.:)

Reactions: 8
The money he raised was for NHS charities not for the NHS. The charities provide extra support for NHS staff, patients and volunteers.
Yeah, the amount people paid in Tom's name would make little to any difference to treatment or waiting times.

When I worked for the NHS the NHS charity paid for many staff piss ups, new curtains and a big TV.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I haven’t commented on these posts in forever but I am loving all this coverage over the last day or so. Knew she was a grifter from the moment I saw they had flown to the Caribbean. I can’t wait to see what she does neck, she has more front than Brighton so I bet she doesn’t quietly disappear.
same here ..dip in and out but today i had to back on ... I'm loving the house of cards falling down around her!
Thanks to tattle i realised that there were plenty out there who felt exactly the same as me and could see through this charade from the start. At the time i was made to feel like i was nasty cow as i couldnt get excited about a 100 year old man being quite clearly exploited by his pushy daughter for her own gain..feel quite vindicated now!

Reactions: 30
Someone mentioned Kevin Bridges tslking about Captain Tom earlier and what should pop up on my insta tonight 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think a big part of it was veteran novelty factor, as there are not many WWII veterans left now...when I was a child in the 90s there were lots, now when you hear of a WWII veteran in the UK you sort of marvel at their longevity and them being a living link to a huge historical event in our country.

Reactions: 19
The BBC got hold of Tom's shuffle round his sprawling abode & just went crazy with it. An upper middle class family, with a WWII Veteran - it was gold dust.
There was another man, a Sikh man, I think, who did something similar, but he never had a Hannah... I bet he's glad, he might have been 6 feet under otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I wrote about this previously on a different thread but this is the gist of it: He fought in the Burma campaign and taught how to drive motorised armoured vehicles. He also took courses to learn how to control and fix a tank and taught this back in England after he had to leave because he caught dengue fever from a mosquito bite. He also fought in the Battle of Ramree Island and because of his skills with motorbikes he had to ride them to the front line when tanks couldn’t reach them.
If he did hardly anything he wouldn’t have been promoted above a Private. Whilst he didn’t do anything too much above and beyond he did do a bit and saw some horrific things in Burma. From my relatives who served during WW2 they all said they rather face a Nazi than a Japanese solider because even the foot soldiers were bloodthirsty and savage. The Burma campaign was one of the longest in the Second World War but sadly largely went uncelebrated in Britain due to the population not really grasping the situation in Asia.
A bit off topic:

I second the part about Japanese soldiers. I’m from Vietnam and we fought many wars.

My grandparents and parents all had to serve regardless of your background and the Japanese and Korean soldiers hired by American army was particularly extremely nasty. It was as if they were from horror films.

My parents told stories about what they did to villagers especially women and children even babies. It is a combination of cannibal, rapist, torture at extreme level (sorry tmi). That was how they swept a village to find Viet Cong.

In the 90s when America put an injunction to Vietnamese government to stop trading with foreigners, we kids did not get to watch much cartoon and the country was (still kind of is now) so poor the contents on tv was mostly about wars: documentaries and films. No censors so you got to see some pretty traumatised stuff. You can also find these graphic documents in major museums nowadays. Veterans did go through some harrow things.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yeah, the amount people paid in Tom's name would make little to any difference to treatment or waiting times.

When I worked for the NHS the NHS charity paid for many staff piss ups, new curtains and a big TV.
I think this was made clear at the time wasn’t it? I don’t think anyone thought the money was going to the nhs, it was for staff well-being.
I saw pictures of staff rooms being improved and massages etc being provided. Fair enough to me, it’s hard work being an nhs staff member and the quality of their rest spaces can be grim and the pandemic must have been really awful and intense for the them whilst at work. I think charities that improved their working lives during the pandemic were a great thing.

Reactions: 9
That bong looks like a real lung shredder.

Admire anyone who buys one and tries it out and posts pics!

Maybe he's just wearing a heavily redacted top hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It looks haunted. Bet when you go to sleep it starts whispering "Help me, help meeeeeeee"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'd still like the ASA to actually fine them, the Barbados tourist board and BA over breaking the rules on not disclosing advertising. No way did they pay for the holiday that had a high percentage chance of being what killed him. They could have been paid thousands by those companies
View attachment 2283959

View attachment 2283952
Ticked it of hanna - sorry HIS bucket list and then he kicked the bucket. Sorry but the country was in the most dreadful state st the time with people dropping like flies, killed by their own government. How the hell did they get away with this? This family is beyond a disgrace. I hope this follows them for the rest of their days.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.