Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this was made clear at the time wasn’t it? I don’t think anyone thought the money was going to the nhs, it was for staff well-being.
I saw pictures of staff rooms being improved and massages etc being provided. Fair enough to me, it’s hard work being an nhs staff member and the quality of their rest spaces can be grim and the pandemic must have been really awful and intense for the them whilst at work. I think charities that improved their working lives during the pandemic were a great thing.
I think at the time a lot of people just heard 'NHS' as opposed to 'NHS charities' and believed they were donating to help save/fund the NHS.

Reactions: 20
Ticked it of hanna - sorry HIS bucket list and then he kicked the bucket. Sorry but the country was in the most dreadful state st the time with people dropping like flies, killed by their own government. How the hell did they get away with this? This family is beyond a disgrace. I hope this follows them for the rest of their days.
Also if he had been taken ill while abroad, that would have been a further burden on the health services there.

The whole thing was outrageously selfish on top of everything else. 😡

Reactions: 25
Also if he had been taken ill while abroad, that would have been a further burden on the health services there.

The whole thing was outrageously selfish on top of everything else. 😡
I remember the backlash people received at the time for being even mildly critical. People in this country are so bloody thick!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I spat my tea out when I read an email at work about a charity event in the hospital back in mid 2020. The idea was that everyone (this was NHS staff) would donate £20 and receive a Rubik's cube, which they would then solve on the day and hand to someone who would arrange them all on the floor to create a giant portrait of Captain Tom. I think there were supposed to be 900 cubes, and the idea was that you'd keep one afterwards and the NHS charity would keep the change. It was cancelled literally hours after the email went out, presumably someone with sense pointed out that most people don't know how to solve the cubes and so trying to get 900 people to do it would be insane.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
"The idea was that everyone (this was NHS staff) would donate £20 and receive a Rubik's cube, which they would then solve on the day and hand to someone who would arrange them all on the floor to create a giant portrait of Captain Tom"

What a bizarre and baroque idea!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How the hell did they get away with this? This family is beyond a disgrace. I hope this follows them for the rest of their days.
lol she doesnt give a tit.
Anyone with any self awareness or morals would see the outrage from the public when she was appointed in a consultancy role on a crazy wage and think “hang on I need to tone this down”.

not her. She ploughed on with her efforts to get a Spa built 🤣

Reactions: 13
I didn’t buy into the hype as I saw through it but didn’t feel I could voice it to anyone as I’d have been lynched at the time. I thought the press coverage was too much.

It made me furious when everybody was locked down and some had to cancel Christmas plans at the last minute as they were moved into Tier 4 but CT and his family swanned off to Barbados.

One of my neighbours had to say goodbye to his elderly mother on a screen and I’m sure it was standard for many others but CT had his whole family visiting him. How is that fair?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I didn’t buy into the hype as I saw through it but didn’t feel I could voice it to anyone as I’d have been lynched at the time. I thought the press coverage was too much.

It made me furious when everybody was locked down and some had to cancel Christmas plans at the last minute as they were moved into Tier 4 but CT and his family swanned off to Barbados.

One of my neighbours had to say goodbye to his elderly mother on a screen and I’m sure it was standard for many others but CT had his whole family visiting him. How is that fair?
It was totally unfair and totally wrong. I remember a poster here saying they got to witness it firsthand.

I also know people who are beyond heartbroken at the fact that they lost a parent or relative during that awful time and didn't get to be with them to hold their hands, or to say a last goodbye.

Yet they could do as they pleased. Is that due to their arrogance and sense of entitlement, I don't know.
Which came first the chicken or the egg? 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It was totally unfair and totally wrong. I remember a poster here saying they got to witness it firsthand.

I also know people who are beyond heartbroken at the fact that they lost a parent or relative during that awful time and didn't get to be with them to hold their hands, or to say a last goodbye.

Yet they could do as they pleased. Is that due to their arrogance and sense of entitlement, I don't know.
Which came first the chicken or the egg? 😡
Heartbroken doesn’t really touch it. I will carry the guilt for the rest of my life that I couldn’t be with my Dad when he needed me the most. In my head, I know the guilt is not warranted because it was beyond my control but it’s there all the same, the heaviness I carry in my heart. (just typing that and tears are pouring down my cheeks). I spoke to a stranger last week who lost his mum the same way. He feels the same as me. We let them down. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Then a few weeks later Hannah and her gang swan off to the hospital and spend days at her father’s bedside and then shared his last words with the world. Awful woman.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The money he raised was for NHS charities not for the NHS. The charities provide extra support for NHS staff, patients and volunteers.
I have said before. We got flapjacks and bottles of water.
Would have preferred Quavers and gin but you can't be seen as demanding.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That's the thing isn't it? Rules for the ordinary folk who just had to deal but not for some others. Why? It's hard to swallow.

I'd like to think (all things being equal) that this is her moment of hubris but I doubt it.

They'll "soldier" on in affluence or perhaps effluence.

Not certain her husband will. His liver looks set to explode judging by the pics.

Reactions: 8
Heartbroken doesn’t really touch it. I will carry the guilt for the rest of my life that I couldn’t be with my Dad when he needed me the most. In my head, I know the guilt is not warranted because it was beyond my control but it’s there all the same, the heaviness I carry in my heart. (just typing that and tears are pouring down my cheeks). I spoke to a stranger last week who lost his mum the same way. He feels the same as me. We let them down. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Then a few weeks later Hannah and her gang swan off to the hospital and spend days at her father’s bedside and then shared his last words with the world. Awful woman.
Don't feel you let him down. It was an awful time.
I work on a palliative care unit and it was truly horrendous having to tell family they couldn't visit. Family who wanted desperately to. I really didn't think this would make them feel guilty as it was not their choice so your post saddens me. I hope you find closure one day and realise that there was nothing you could do. I am positive your Dad knew how much you loved him.
I feel so much anger at the parties our government had that I can't watch the news . Whilst they drank and danced I had to explain why loves ones couldn't have that last moment with their loved one. duck off Boris .

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
This quote!!!

It was Hannah who came up with the OG brand name, when she took what would turn out to be the momentous decision to press release her father’s walk to the local paper. “We’ll call you Captain Tom,” she said, according to her own account. “You can’t do that,” her father replied, again according to her own account. “I retired in 1945!” He would end up being called Captain Tom.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I feel ashamed that I initially fell for it and got swept up in it and donated a tenner to the gofundme 🙈 I immediately started to regret though about a day later when the coverage became relentless and I first saw the daughter milking it.

I hope never to fall for such a grift again.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.