Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What legacy did he create Hannah?
His 'achievement' should have made local papers, maybe a side item for one day in a national paper at most.
He was a war veteran, so are/were many others.
What's inspiring about him?
What hope did he give others? Hope of a freebie holiday in Barbados?

Reactions: 25
I thought the hundred laps was something he came up with himself? Now she's taking credit by saying "the family" challenged him to do it?

He'll be spinning around a hundred times in his grave!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wonder how donations are doing at the Foundation these days. Can't imagine much is rolling in.

I just looked at the Foundation's website and it hasn't been updated in ages, I think? The news section has old news. I don't see anything about recent charitable activities that it has done.

The family really tried to make a feast out of very little ingredients, didn't they? His achievements have been so exaggerated, he was eulogised as a god like figure - so ridiculous

Reactions: 17
And I'm fairly certain that I read on here that when he was in his final days in hospital, they were being allowed in to visit him.
I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those who had to say their goodbyes through windows or screens, instead of being able to hold their loved one's hands. 😔
If they got special treatment because of being 'the family of Captain Sir Tom' that is appalling.

Restrictions were in place to protect everyone as much as possible, why would they get a free pass to do as they pleased! Especially after bringing him to Barbados which was the height of lunacy for a man of his age, never mind the times that we were all living through. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 31
And I'm fairly certain that I read on here that when he was in his final days in hospital, they were being allowed in to visit him.
I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those who had to say their goodbyes through windows or screens, instead of being able to hold their loved one's hands. 😔
If they got special treatment because of being 'the family of Captain Sir Tom' that is appalling.

Restrictions were in place to protect everyone as much as possible, why would they get a free pass to do as they pleased! Especially after bringing him to Barbados which was the height of lunacy for a man of his age, never mind the times that we were all living through. 😡
Yep that was me. I had my Grandfather in a ward opposite and we were only allowed 1 visitor. My friend who was a nurse (quit after the BS of covid) said it was a circus with all them in and out.

PALS didn't give a flying F either saying they'd had "alot of positive comments about them caring for him". Well I know 4 families worth who bloody didn't when we couldn't see our relatives who then died alone 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Yep that was me. I had my Grandfather in a ward opposite and we were only allowed 1 visitor. My friend who was a nurse (quit after the BS of covid) said it was a circus with all them in and out.

PALS didn't give a flying F either saying they'd had "alot of positive comments about them caring for him". Well I know 4 families worth who bloody didn't when we couldn't see our relatives who then died alone 🙃
It's a cruel joke. Honestly, my blood still boils about so may things that happened during that time. Yes, we certainly saw the best of people but boy did we ever see the absolute worst. And Hannah was definitely one of them. Took her extremely vulnerable, elderly father thousands of miles away when the virus was running rampant all so could she could sit on a beach. And then the red carpet gets rolled out for them!! C*nts!

• Angry
Reactions: 21
I feel more for the lad who slept out in a tent for 3 years.....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I remember the first week in my area it was barely a clap to be heard, as the weeks went on and on the claps got louder and louder than descended into madness as it became a full scale competition 😂 I think I took part in the first and second week then clocked out
The only house that took part in my street was one directly opposite mine. One week I completely forgot about the whole thing and scheduled my online shop to arrive during the scheduled clap time (how Orwellian). Could feel my neighbours look burning into my face as she battered lumps out a pot and I was racing to get my choc ices in the freezer 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.