Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How dare you! He'd been dreaming of an all-inclusive Sandals resort holiday in Barbados since the 1920s.
Especially a fatal one!
This thread remains comedy gold, funniest one on Tattle.
---
She seemed to want to live like a Royal - tottering around, going to events all over the place, pictures taken for the public image. All under the guise of some 'foundation' pretending it's an actual job. Thankfully it crashed and burned. He was a lockdown flash in the pan and that's that.
She must have been dying for an MBE/OBE, thank duck she's been shown up for what she is, a grifting power hungry arrogant woman

Reactions: 20
I hated the way they made that holiday out to be a 'bucket list' experience for Captain Tom, to try and justify it. They were an affluent family, could have gone to Barbados any time years before that.
I read in his book that after his wife passed away, he would take various holidays with his family... places like India and South Africa, so it's not like he hadn't experienced travelling the world before.

That holiday was for Hannah.

I bet she keeps all the pictures of the old fella in a box in the downstairs lav and only brings them out as props when she is filming something for social media. As soon as he shuffled off this mortal coil, she probably had the windows open in his room to air out the old man whiff, so she could get the room ready to open up for her new venture of the Captain Sir Tom experience. Where you can tour his room, visit the garden that he walked around, see the commode where he did his inspiring dumps and visit the gift shop selling Sir Tom books, gin, DVDs and novelty giant Y fronts, with all proceeds going to the Foundation*

*Hannah's off shore bank
Don't be giving her ideas. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if she did something like that. 🙄🤣

£10 to walk around the garden, £10 admission into the house, £5 compulsory souvenir booklets and so on.
Oh and a selfie with her, and other members of the family. Prices on application.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is any celeb who originally supported Captain Tom still actively supporting Hannah and the foundation? Or have they all distanced themselves?

Reactions: 1
I think it’s terrible she’s sullied his name. I get the hero worship went a bit far but it was a nice, feel good story during the pandemic. Instead it’s always going to be murky.

Reactions: 8
I think it’s terrible she’s sullied his name. I get the hero worship went a bit far but it was a nice, feel good story during the pandemic. Instead it’s always going to be murky.
I was just thinking the same earlier.

Plus she has made a jeer of him with all the nonsense tagging Nigella and suchlike, oh he loved your recipe for such and such. I actually thought that was a pisstake at the time but it wasn't.

Reactions: 5
And when you saw the photos of the old man, barely sitting up in a wheelchair, it was so disturbing. I still can't believe they did such a horrendous thing. Evil.
Agreed and people were tripping over themselves to defend it all. People were grassing their neighbour who lived alone up to the police for having a cuppa with their friend but Captain Tom jets off to the Bahamas and gets passed around like a parcel and it was “good for him” complete madness.

Reactions: 23
I remember a relative waxing lyrical about the amazing old man walking for the NHS. I avoid TV at the best of times. In my head a voice was saying "it's all bullshit. You've all gone bleeping insane you covid nutters". What with the gruesome (hilarious lyrics 🙄) singing families and people out banging pots and pans on a Thursday night, clapping etc ...the cringing was real. It's weird to think it all happened.

• Haha
people out banging pots and pans on a Thursday night
It was moving when they did that originally (in Italy I think it was?) because the applause was spontaneous and showed people's appreciation of the healthcare workers. But when the government got hold of the 'enforced clapping' idea, the vibes became less heartwarming, more Stalinist. 😅 Just give the nurses PPE so they don't die, thanks! No need to accost them with saucepans.

Reactions: 16
Also Nurses being woken up by the pots & pans. Weren't there musicians out too. It was all the pressure too..."what do you mean you're not going to stand on your doorstep & clap? Shame on you 😠"

Reactions: 6
Oh the clapping 🙄. I remember doing it the first week and thinking ‘oh sod this’ it became a keeping up and beating the Joneses competition of who could make the most noise to plaster all over Facebook.

Reactions: 8
There was always some twit on the news that dressed up every week for it as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh the clapping 🙄. I remember doing it the first week and thinking ‘oh sod this’ it became a keeping up and beating the Joneses competition of who could make the most noise to plaster all over Facebook.
I remember the first week in my area it was barely a clap to be heard, as the weeks went on and on the claps got louder and louder than descended into madness as it became a full scale competition 😂 I think I took part in the first and second week then clocked out

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.