Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In 20 years time we will all be minding our own business and then the face of CT will appear in a throwback article, and archive footage of tik tok dances in hospitals will be shown and it will be a collective WTF moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I look back on the Captain Tom hysteria and still cannot believe how crazy it got. It made me deeply uncomfortable at the time and I still wonder what on earth got into people.

I've never understood that level of public grieving. Only for literally the Queen because she was such a long-standing symbol. Even the mass reaction to Princess Diana's death at the time left me utterly baffled.

Reactions: 26
I look back on the Captain Tom hysteria and still cannot believe how crazy it got. It made me deeply uncomfortable at the time and I still wonder what on earth got into people.

I've never understood that level of public grieving. Only for literally the Queen because she was such a long-standing symbol. Even the mass reaction to Princess Diana's death at the time left me utterly baffled.
Cringeworthy doesn’t even come close, I never bought in to it.
The whole thing with him and especially his pushy family never sat right with me.

Reactions: 15
I fully believe that once the dust settles from all the controversy and their obvious grifting, we will start seeing more Captain Tom memorabilia - a kitchen range (he loved his food), bath towels (loved his baths), wallpaper and living room accessories, children's books, I wouldn't even be surprised if they jumped on the trans bandwagon and claimed that the old boy was non binary with a range of rainbow branded story books. At least he and HRH are now together in heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I fully believe that once the dust settles from all the controversy and their obvious grifting, we will start seeing more Captain Tom memorabilia - a kitchen range (he loved his food), bath towels (loved his baths), wallpaper and living room accessories, children's books, I wouldn't even be surprised if they jumped on the trans bandwagon and claimed that the old boy was non binary with a range of rainbow branded story books. At least he and HRH are now together in heaven.
I believe the same.

People like Hannah never go away. They have too much brass neck. Wonder what the wilder family thinks of it all?

Reactions: 9
I believe the same.

People like Hannah never go away. They have too much brass neck. Wonder what the wilder family thinks of it all?
I got the impression that the other daughter (can't recall her name) was not really into the whole thing. I'm sure I saw a photo of her and Hannah with Captain Tom after the fundraising malarkey started but not much more. I vaguely remember some comments here about not great body language between Hannah and her sister at the funeral (I didnt watch it myself)

Reactions: 5
‘Jokes’ about pronouns aside, it was Tom’s ardent LGBT+ advocacy that firmly convinced me that the whole thing was off.

I might’ve mentioned it before but a tweet was posted around the end of 2020 in which Tom declared his support for the rainbow laces campaign.

Now, I’m not saying that he was an ardent homophobe and rainbow laces is a great cause but sexual relations between men were illegal in England and Wales until Tom was a middle-aged man. I found it really hard to believe that this was a cause he was really passionate about and just felt that the family were jumping onto any old bandwagon at this point.

Who knows? Maybe the reason why he never had children with his first wife was because she was a raging lesbian, using him as a beard, and he’s always feel sorry for her not being able to live her truth?! (I’m joking)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
He was really crude about his late wife in his bigraphy, calling her sexless if I remember correctly. That was when I started to sour on the whole Saint Tom thing.

I was also just really surprised to hear person from his generation talking in that way. In my expereince, as someone who grew up in a family full of much older relatives and family friends who'd been raised by Edwardians, it is very agaisnt type!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
‘Jokes’ about pronouns aside, it was Tom’s ardent LGBT+ advocacy that firmly convinced me that the whole thing was off.

I might’ve mentioned it before but a tweet was posted around the end of 2020 in which Tom declared his support for the rainbow laces campaign.

Now, I’m not saying that he was an ardent homophobe and rainbow laces is a great cause but sexual relations between men were illegal in England and Wales until Tom was a middle-aged man. I found it really hard to believe that this was a cause he was really passionate about and just felt that the family were jumping onto any old bandwagon at this point.

Who knows? Maybe the reason why he never had children with his first wife was because she was a raging lesbian, using him as a beard, and he’s always feel sorry for her not being able to live her truth?! (I’m joking)

He probably didn't even know what he was doing. Hannah probably went " Hi, dad lift the laces and give a thumbs up for the camera"

He was really crude about his late wife in his bigraphy, calling her sexless if I remember correctly. That was when I started to sour on the whole Saint Tom thing.

I was also just really surprised to hear person from his generation talking in that way. In my expereince, as someone who grew up in a family full of much older relatives and family friends who'd been raised by Edwardians, it is very agaisnt type!
Really? I disagree. About 50 percent of the oldies I know are fairly "naughty" in what they talk about

Reactions: 6
He probably didn't even know what he was doing. Hannah probably went " Hi, dad lift the laces and give a thumbs up for the camera"

Really? I disagree. About 50 percent of the oldies I know are fairly "naughty" in what they talk about
I think they are these days but when I was young (80s/90s) it didn't seme to be the case. My family were basically consumed by being "proper" at all times...;although I realize that probably is not the norm either!

Yes when you've had a 93 year old try to french kiss you it can be a bit disconcerting! 🤢
Oh my!

I am glad this is totally alien in my world. Very, very glad!

Reactions: 3
I think they are these days but when I was young (80s/90s) it didn't seme to be the case. My family were basically consumed by being "proper" at all times...;although I realize that probably is not the norm either!

Oh my!

I am glad this is totally alien in my world. Very, very glad!
Yes getting a Christmas kiss from someone you clean for is hopefully a rare occurrence! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2

It was damage limitation.
His first wife HAD to be the bad guy because why else would he have left his marriage - he’s such a gentleman?! Sadly she isnt about to defend herself.
That was when I first saw through this kindly gentleman act.

Reactions: 13
The rainbow flag had been appropriated by the NHS from Pride at the time, so it wouldn't surprise me if Tom had assumed or been led to believe that he was posing with those rainbow laces for something to do with that.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Thanks for that definition, Hannah.

Susie Dent better watch out for her job on Dictionary Corner.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.