Captain Sir Tom Moore #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just read online that serial cough sweet dodger Charles Ingram of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire fame is the brother of Colin Ingram-Moore? Could any tattlers better at digging find out if this is true? Not a good look if you are running a charity and your brother is a well renowned fraudster...
Have checked Ancestry and no connection between them. Would have been a good story though 😂

Reactions: 6
I have doubts about how the £30m odd that was supposedly raised was raised. Nobody I know donated (Scotland*) and that amount was more than some telethons have achieved in recent years. I mean NHS charities must have received that amount (I think) but I don’t think it came wholly from a British public who were busy being furloughed and losing jobs/income. There’s something there that doesn’t add up.
* I’m not saying nobody in Scotland donated but I’ve heard of more popular causes.

Reactions: 7
It’s interesting that in the early days of this thread there were comments saying it was disgraceful having a thread about poor Sir Captain Tom (when it was never really about him as a person, more what was going on around him/decisions being made for him coupled with a lot of suspicions about the motivation of all this etc). The same kind of comments were made about Ashley Cain on his thread, Baby Azaylia’s dad…fast forward almost a year and there are legitimate questions being asked about Azaylia’s foundation and where the money raised for her went. (I should say the accounts are not due for TAF yet but as time goes on the speculation that things aren’t as they seem is growing and growing).

Nobody wants to think babies and old people are caught up in a grift. But these two cases have knocked me sick and it could impact on who and where people donate their hard earned money to.

And Hannah - give it a rest hun, I bet you can count on one hand the messages of support you’ve had.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I get wary when I see a new "foundation" or "charity" being set up in someone's memory. There are so many charities out there already targeting pretty much every need in society, why not work with one of the existing ones? I'm sure some of these foundations are well intentioned but it feels like sometimes it's about the ego of the person and maybe a career opportunity for them (like Hannah). I suppose Hannah would argue here that setting up a distinct foundation enables more money to be raised in the long run because of the Captain Tom brand (compared with Hannah promoting an existing hospice or veterans charity for example).

Reactions: 16
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she’s in the process of getting cancelled for good now. Says it’ll be postponed but let’s face it it’ll be cancelled as her charity scamming ways won’t be forgotten about. Pushing it back a few months won’t change the fact that she will forever be known to the media as a charity cheat, they will drag that up in any article written about captain Tom in future

Reactions: 19
Capt Tom foundation isn’t really needed is it? He came, he walked and raised money. I raise my hat to that old boy. The monies raised then should be paid out to said charities and then it’s done.

I am always cautious donating to chartee, they are normally local ones that I support and causes that I believe in. Far too many big charteees have millions unspent and pay big wages to the people running them.

Reactions: 22
I think what this really demonstrates is how the media can build you up when they want to but they are also the same ones to tear you back down. Obviously all her own doing on the way up with her PR tactics, and on her way down with her charity cheating but the media will certainly enjoy tearing her back down and I think they’re just getting started with it all

What was the need for a Captain T day anyway? We hardly need a day to commemorate someone walking round their garden!

With the original date in June if feels like a blatant attempt to shoehorn themselves into the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Bet we’d have seen HI-M doing her Wimbledon wave on the palace balcony obscuring HMTQ from view 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think what this really demonstrates is how the media can build you up when they want to but they are also the same ones to tear you back down. Obviously all her own doing on the way up with her PR tactics, and on her way down with her charity cheating but the media will certainly enjoy tearing her back down and I think they’re just getting started with it all
I think the Foundation is finished, too much bad publicity, if you look at social media the comments are overwhelmingly negative, the tide has turned.
To be honest I think the Foundation had a limited shelf life anyway as the Captain Tom brand is going stale, so it's just an accelaration of its demise.

Hannah was clearly hoping to make an income directly out of the Foundation (but her appointment as CEO on a salary was blocked) so her hopes of that have been dulled a bit (she could still charge expenses to her consultancy though but not what she was hoping for). Remember a charity CEO carries prestige too and she could have been hoping to mix with other CEOs, feel important (the woman has a big ego) and maybe get a promotion as CeO to a big nationwide charity like the RSPCA or Barnardos. I'm sure Hannah was also after an MBE for charity work. All this would have been healthy for the Ingram's existing PR business too, their main income source.

After she closes the foundation, Hannah will do a few interviews defending her behaviour and saying her mental health has been damaged because people were so horrible to her and her family and that her father would be upset. Then she'll go back to her PR business and we won't hear from her again...i hope...

I wouldn't be surprised either if she entered politics in the long term (as a Tory obv) to maintain her power kick if the Foundation bites the dust, she might feel she has nothing to lose by going full Tory. She wouldn't be selected as a potential MP but she could start off in the local council.

Reactions: 21
If she's been a bit more canny and initially spent more on charity and less to management costs - and made a point of not being seen to try and profit personally from it herself - she might have gotten the sceptics onside. Then in a year or two, she might have gotten away with a personal salary and pre-dating companies of hers being paid by the Foundation.

If she's been a bit more canny and initially spent more on charity and less to management costs - and made a point of not being seen to try and profit personally from it herself - she might have gotten the sceptics onside. Then in a year or two, she might have gotten away with a personal salary and pre-dating companies of hers being paid by the Foundation.
Good point

I'm wondering would she be invited to do reality TV like I'm A Celeb. Hannah might think it's "beneath her" though

Reactions: 3
I’ve just had a look on Hannah’s Twitter. Majority are the same as the comments on tattle. Robbing bastards!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.