Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never been on this thread before, but I was looking through kids books in the shop for Christmas today , and I saw a book about Tom Moore in a collection with historical figures such as Rosa Parks, Ann Frank & Martin Luther King… how on earth does he even compare to those people 🥴🥴
Especially Rosa Parks. She refused to get off a bus whereas Tom's daughter has jumped on every bandwagon going.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Especially Rosa Parks. She refused to get off a bus whereas Tom's daughter has jumped on every bandwagon going.
:ROFLMAO: I wonder what her family would think of them equating the two (if they had any idea of who she was )

Reactions: 4
They do realise Tom didn’t win the war personally don’t they? 🙄
How dare you insinuate that he didn't win the war!! He's a hero and he deserves every t-shirt, statue and pair of socks with his mug on it. :mad:
He also solved world hunger btw don't try pass the credit onto anyone else. 🙄

No in all seriousness though I don't think they do!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know he raised a fair chunk of money but for an organisation the size of the NHS it’s not really going to get very far. You’d think that he singlehandedly saved it the way that they go on.

Reactions: 6
I know he raised a fair chunk of money but for an organisation the size of the NHS it’s not really going to get very far. You’d think that he singlehandedly saved it the way that they go on.
Thankfully I don't see as much hype around him now as I did before and have actually seen people saying exactly this. Plus wasn't the money for NHS charities (which is great but yeah) and not the NHS itself?

Thankfully I don't see as much hype around him now as I did before and have actually seen people saying exactly this. Plus wasn't the money for NHS charities (which is great but yeah) and not the NHS itself?
I remember someone here saying there was a lot of anger as to how the money was spent by people working in the NHS. Everytime I see notifications from this thread I cannot believe this is still dragging on :ROFLMAO:

What frustrated me was that he went on holiday to the Caribbean around lockdown of Christmas last year but told everyone to wear masks and isolate. His daughter is definitely dragging it out and lapping up the attention. She winds me up to no end.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember someone here saying there was a lot of anger as to how the money was spent by people working in the NHS. Everytime I see notifications from this thread I cannot believe this is still dragging on :ROFLMAO:
As I understand it, it couldn’t go directly for treatments etc. It was for extras like coffee machines for staff. Which is not a bad thing but I wonder if donations were given thinking it would fund cancer treatment?

Reactions: 1
Hannah's done an interview with Metro...
Funny in all his television and radio appearances I never once heard him mention Remembrance Sunday or his fallen comrades. Granted towards the end I’m not sure the poor man (lol) knew if he was coming or going the way he was paraded about like some sort of show pony.

Reactions: 1
At this point, his daughter could say he liked anything & nobody would be any the wiser since he now cannot speak for himself.
It makes me laugh she is on the panel to find the UK's best neighbour...yup, something Tom knew all about on this private detached property with swimming pool, miles away from his next neighbour.
Hopefully the Remembrance Sercice from the Albert Hall might make more of Prince Philip's wartime experience & Sir Tom will be treated like like all the others who fought.

Reactions: 9
Hannah's done an interview with Metro...
Bonkers Hannah is at it again. What a bizarre statement to make about how her deceased father will be attending the Remembrance Sunday event. How does she know - has she contacted him in the spirit world?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It will be like at the end of Star Wars where Anakin Skywalker's ghost appears next to everyone having a party. Maybe he'll do a few laps for old times sake.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.