Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can't get over the fuss made when he died. It was very similar to the hysteria when Princess Diana died although at least she had been very well known for years and had done so much charity work rather than just, as far as we know, the one big gesture Captain Tom did. That's not to diss the captain's effort but I just found the outpouring and hysterics when he died utterly bizarre and will never understand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I still can't get over the fuss made when he died. It was very similar to the hysteria when Princess Diana died although at least she had been very well known for years and had done so much charity work rather than just, as far as we know, the one big gesture Captain Tom did. That's not to diss the captain's effort but I just found the outpouring and hysterics when he died utterly bizarre and will never understand it.
The hysteria around Diana was unbelievable, people even thought to hey could see her face in the clouds!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember seeing photos in the papers of the Di clouds.

It seemed like a lot of the English population lost their minds 😂
That was a strange time that I was about 5 and I remember coming down stairs to find my grandma in floods of tears my sister and I got banished to the kitchen to eat our coco pops because we didn’t share in our grandma’s grief over a woman we’d never met & wanted to watch cartoons.

• Haha
My brother was 4 at the time and declared he hated Princess Di. I asked him why and he said she put the cartoons off TV 😂

My husband was travelling back from a European country on the Sunday and a TV station came and interviewed him while he was queuing to check in. They asked how he felt about Diana’s death. His reply was something along the lines of “I don’t give a tit, mate, I’m Scottish”. I imagine they didn’t use that clip 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That was a strange time that I was about 5 and I remember coming down stairs to find my grandma in floods of tears my sister and I got banished to the kitchen to eat our coco pops because we didn’t share in our grandma’s grief over a woman we’d never met & wanted to watch cartoons.
I remember hearing my mum on the phone to my dad and thinking my grandma had died. I was confused to find out it was someone we didn’t actually know

• Wow
Reactions: 4
His daughter was on the BBC tonight and my mum (who doesn’t follow the celebrity news all that much) rolled her eyes and sighed ‘what does she want again?’ Seems even the general population are getting fed up with his daughter, not just us on the internet!

Reactions: 11
His daughter was on the BBC tonight and my mum (who doesn’t follow the celebrity news all that much) rolled her eyes and sighed ‘what does she want again?’ Seems even the general population are getting fed up with his daughter, not just us on the internet!
I think the only reason she is getting away with this is because most people have bigger thigns to think about and aren't paying that much attention to some nobody on TV, I certainly would have no idea she was still carrying on if I wasnt reading here but that can only last so long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.