Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're ringing church bells across the country for Captain Tom on Saturday (press the link then see the sub-article to the right in the blue box about mid-way down.

I don’t agree with this as horrible as it sounds, I’d rather they had done this when 100k people lost their lives. I’m fed up with all this special treatment

Reactions: 15
I had the YouGov survey about a statue for him the other day. I usually ignore most of the emails they send me, but I made a point of doing that one and telling them I was strongly against a statue. I’d be really interested to see the results of that one tbh. I really worry about the lack of critical thought that goes on in this country, everyone just throws themselves into what ever is trendy and that is how we end up with people like Hannah in the public eye exploiting people’s emotions and good nature.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t agree with this as horrible as it sounds, I’d rather they had done this when 100k people lost their lives. I’m fed up with all this special treatment
And to think, people died on their own but this man had his family around him and now all this pomp. I've totally lost my faith in this country, there is hardly any humanity left. I read the comments under an article about refugees yesterday and I could have cried. On the one hand, we are meant to weep over a wealthy 100 year old man but can't show the slightest bit of humanity for people risking their lives to get to safety? Something is very wrong in this country and has been for a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And to think, people died on their own but this man had his family around him and now all this pomp. I've totally lost my faith in this country, there is hardly any humanity left. I read the comments under an article about refugees yesterday and I could have cried. On the one hand, we are meant to weep over a wealthy 100 year old man but can't show the slightest bit of humanity for people risking their lives to get to safety? Something is very wrong in this country and has been for a long time.
100% agree I saw those comments too. Something is very wrong indeed.

I think a lot of stupid people congregate on Facebook, harsh but probably true. I saw a dead serious comment just this morning claiming that Northern Ireland wasn’t a country... like what?????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
100% agree I saw those comments too. Something is very wrong indeed.

I think a lot of stupid people congregate on Facebook, harsh but probably true. I saw a dead serious comment just this morning claiming that Northern Ireland wasn’t a country... like what?????
Facebook is such a hell hole. Most people I know don't use it anymore so I don't know why I even still have it. The comments under news articles make me wonder if man will die out soon because I see no intelligent forms of life.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
'Aye, Tom lad, can't you just see it now? She'll grow up, make you a cash cow, put you in your grave then live off your memory.'

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has there been a biopic made yet or is that in the pipeline? With all round nice guy, leading Yorkshire actor Tom Hanks playing Tom?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
And the Oscar goes to that lady...
As someone else said, bad times when you make Matt Hancock look likeable

Interesting at 6.20 it was her saying to captain Tom a private funeral might not ‘cut it’

Why was she in every interview he did as well? Didn’t see her doing that walk for the nhs?
She's the head of a 'brand development' company, she knows how it's done

Reactions: 2
I'm in a pub network group on FB and someones painted a bleeping mural on the side of their pub! And then I saw somewhere that a bloke was commissioned to build a bronze statue of him. It's the new flag shagging, instead of talking about how "proud" you are to be British, you talk about how much this old rich Tory voter meant to you, despite the fact you never met him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.