Capitol building in lockdown - USA election aftermath.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Riots now taking place in LA. Knew that ripple effect was coming. Going to be a scary and dangerous few days in America!
Trump has incited this - he needs to be locked up. Feel for the sane people of America ☹

Reactions: 10
I’ve watched too many films where raids on the President or White House get contained very quickly by police etc, so it blows my mind that this is still going on hours later. :eek:

Reactions: 10
I wonder if the USA will ever be peaceful.
doubtful. The problem is that people like Trump bring fascists out of the woodwork and give them fearlessness and a sense of security. Even when this dies down and if the USA makes progress towards equality, these people will still exist in the shadows waiting for another fascist leader to pop up again

Reactions: 7
Fashion
Reports the woman who was shot has died. If she's a trump supporter and was involved i have no sympathy. If she's an innocent bystander trump has blood on his hands.
I feel sorry for the woman who died. Trump supporter or not, still a human being fgs

Reactions: 5
It’s such a mess. The inauguration will be a trigger for the Trumpers, any possible impeachment will also be a trigger, when will it end? What will happen to Trump? Jail time? Will he disappear?

Reactions: 5
Can't have it one way for one group of people (BLM getting shot, rubber bullets, etc) and then nothing for Trump's people. They have been very lenient with these terrorists. It would be like storming Buckingham Palace... you know that there will likely be consequences.
I agree so much with this but also with what Birdiefly said. If that's not too much of a contradiction.

I feel so awful for her family and her friends BUT I've been saying to my husband all night that this situation would simply not have been allowed to continue if it was BLM. They'd all be dead!

As you say, you can't have one rule for one group of people. It has to be equal.

Reactions: 8
His speech video was calling for calm though?? Typical censorship behaviour from Facebook though..
In amongst a whole load of - they stole the election, this election was a fraud etc - it's just inciting them even more.

Reactions: 18
I agree so much with this but also with what Birdiefly said. If that's not too much of a contradiction.

I feel so awful for her family and her friends BUT I've been saying to my husband all night that this situation would simply not have been allowed to continue if it was BLM. They'd all be dead!

As you say, you can't have one rule for one group of people. It has to be equal.
I agree that it has to be one rule for all however I don't think anyone should be shot dead by the police at least without the correct procedure and consequences/investigations etc? I hope that makes sense

Reactions: 4
His speech video was calling for calm though?? Typical censorship behaviour from Facebook though..
Barely, it was predominantly further fanning the flames of this ludicrous and unfounded garbage claim of a rigged election which is hilarious given the recent leak of his own phonecall.
Calling these thugs patriots is not accurate and should not be aired, it is dangerous language.

Reactions: 13
I'm just glad I visited America years ago and got to see it before everything seemed to fall into the pits of hell. Wouldn't want to go anywhere near the place now.

Really sad seeing the situation there. Trump is deranged and there should be an easier way to forcibly remove a president when they are obviously insane.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if the USA will ever be peaceful.
I'm worried about the UK and what happens here next time there's an election and some people don't like the way it has gone. Hope the behaviour we have seen in the US tonight doesn't inspire certain UK folks to kick off in a similar way.

Also worried that this is *all* the result of a foreign state's covert interference and we've simply got no idea yet, or that a foreign state doesn't simply start to take advantage of the chaos that the next few weeks are clearly going to be, but they might be things to go to the conspiracy thread with.

One thing I'm not comfortable with is people cheering for Twitter to take this action or that action. They're a private company. Doesn't sit right with me that they have the power to make certain voices heard and not others, regardless of whether the voices concerned are spouting utter shite or not. The twitter company themselves should be absolutely impartial and there should be other mechanisms that filter out the shite. I think we will come to regret putting so much power to control the message into the hands of private companies like twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 8