Capitol building in lockdown - USA election aftermath.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't live near DC but so much has changed in these 4 years of Trump in all areas of the country. I mean the amount of people who believe fake internet news, Qanon conspiracy theories, and now break into the Capitol building. This happened two weeks before Biden's inauguration and Georgia has historically flipped from a red state to a blue state, which probably adds fuel to the fire. I'm scared that this riot is only the beginning. Oh and we're still in a pandemic!

Reactions: 15
Disgraceful behaviour... In no way is that " patriotism. "

Reactions: 9
Only the other day I joked that when it comes to leaving I can imagine Trump being hauled kicking and screaming like a petulant toddler across the front lawn of the WH. I knew he wouldn’t go quietly but this is just something else. These people are lunatics. Genuinely worrying they go about their day to day life coming in to contact with innocent people and children. I feel like I’m living in a weird, tit film at the minute!

Reactions: 17
Well what a start to 2021! I felt like I was watching something from a dystopian film earlier. Trump needs banning from Twitter permanently.

I visited DC in 2018 and I got a weird vibe. To top it off, Trump drove past me on Independence Ave in his motorcade! Police appeared from no where moments before his security vehicles and the presidential car appeared

Reactions: 14
Well what a start to 2021! I felt like I was watching something from a dystopian film earlier. Trump needs banning from Twitter permanently.

I visited DC in 2018 and I got a weird vibe. To top it off, Trump drove past me on Independence Ave in his motorcade! Police appeared from no where moments before his security vehicles and the presidential car appeared
Hope you waved like this 🖕🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What on Earth would be the point in invoking the 25th amendment now when Biden is about to be sworn in? Talk about too bloody late in the day!!!!

I can't believe all those "special" rioters "went home", at the request of their hero Trump and are probably putting their heads down now for a nice 8 hours sleep before going to work tomorrow. No consequences whatsoever over what was an unprecedented display never before seen in American history. It truly blows my mind.

Reactions: 16
What on Earth would be the point in invoking the 25th amendment now when Biden is about to be sworn in? Talk about too bloody late in the day!!!!

I can't believe all those "special" rioters "went home", at the request of their hero Trump and are probably putting their heads down now for a nice 8 hours sleep before going to work tomorrow. No consequences whatsoever over what was an unprecedented display never before seen in American history. It truly blows my mind.
Because Trump officially doesn't leave until the 20th. If he's in until then think of what more damage he could cause. I'm actually worried about what the scene will be when Trump has to leave the WH.

Reactions: 8
I couldn’t help it, I jumped into the flames and read the conspiracy thread!
Multiple mentions of “the patriots” when referring to what is going on right now and the suggestion that the election was rigged.

I can’t even cope 🤢🤢🤢
I can't bear to look. I cannot believe the cognitive dissonance they have and the blind loyalty to a literal lunatic!
4 people reported dead already, and who knows what madness will ensue once curfew is up at 6am. Can they really not see what's happening? Can they really call this patriotism? I'm sick to my stomach!

Reactions: 6
The man is would be dictator losing power. This is sickening for a country that claims to be the worlds largest democracy.

Also, the police putting bare minimum effort in when what is a terrorist org is storming the government(AND THEY ARE ARMED) when they went 100% on BLM protestors is proof America is a lot closer to the 1960s that it should be.

edit; Okay, my news feed updated and they are using tear gas. Not that people should resort to violence but something had to be done.
Totally agree with you. As someone on CNN said, if they had been Black or Muslim or even Hispanic they would have had guns and tear gas on them within minutes yet they let these armed hillbillies run riot in the Capitol building trying to overturn a democratic election.
Edit: Not just hillbillies as the pictures show neo nazis, KKK and far right groups common or garden hillbillies. It just goes to show what damage Trump has done that none of this happened when a Black President was elected because bo matter how dim GW Bush was at times, hes lookingvlike the worlds best statesman at the moment compared to Trump. If he hasnt bought the office of President into disrepute, I dont know what someone will have to do in order to do that!

I think that would be the point. He is entitled to be addressed as Mr President for the rest of his life. He will be a permanent reminder of the disrepute he has wrought on America in his 4 years in office, culminating in today.

I think that would be the point. He is entitled to be addressed as Mr President for the rest of his life. He will be a permanent reminder of the disrepute he has wrought on America in his 4 years in office, culminating in today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This morning I feel totally disgusted and ashamed of my American citizenship.
I think people recognise that there’s a difference between ‘America’ and ‘Trump’s America’. It’s just how can the two now be reconciled? There are massive underlying issues in the US have brought people to this, to feel that Trump is somehow their saviour - poverty, inequality, disconnection from communities and mainstream politics, the power of modern American Christianity - and they need to be addressed. The problem is that the next person to exploit this for their own gain is likely to be much more savvy and insidious than Trump, and I don’t think America (or the world for that matter) is ready for it.

Reactions: 12
I couldn’t help it, I jumped into the flames and read the conspiracy thread!
Multiple mentions of “the patriots” when referring to what is going on right now and the suggestion that the election was rigged.

I can’t even cope 🤢🤢🤢
the conspiracy thread will be all about how this is part of the plan and will be in denial saying Trump will be inaugurated still. I can't read that thread anymore. it's mind numbing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Trump has finally admitted that he has lost! A sight I didn't think we would see letalone so soon after last night's MAGA mob. Or as someone on twitter called them - Trumpanzees

Reactions: 4
He’s only saying he’ll handover power quietly now to try and stop this 25th amendment business. Hopefully too little too late.

Reactions: 2
I’m curious as to whether he’ll stay in the US. He already tried Scotland and that was shut down, so my guess is he’s planning not to be on US soil on the 20th. It’ll be interesting to see who’ll have him ...

Reactions: 3
I’m curious as to whether he’ll stay in the US. He already tried Scotland and that was shut down, so my guess is he’s planning not to be on US soil on the 20th. It’ll be interesting to see who’ll have him ...
doesnt he have links to Saudi Arabia? I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes there

Reactions: 3
doesnt he have links to Saudi Arabia? I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes there
I think Jared Kuschner has links to the ME so I wouldnt be surprised if they all decamp there. I dont think Jared and Ivanka will he welcome anywhere but the real bible belt of the US but shes converted to Judaism so that will he interesting for them!

Reactions: 2