Capitol building in lockdown - USA election aftermath.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d been dreaming of going for years but I think I’ll wait a few years. Trump didn’t call the BLM protesters “special people” did he? Just watch him soon get off without any legal punishment. I bet he’ll end up on a golf course in another country for his retirement, not paying any taxes, not facing the music of his crimes etc.

Reactions: 7
I’d been dreaming of going for years but I think I’ll wait a few years. Trump didn’t call the BLM protesters “special people” did he? Just watch him get off without any legal punishment. I bet he’ll end up on a golf course in another country for his retirement, not paying any taxes, not facing the music of his crimes etc.
When BLM protests happened he legit said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I'm worried about the UK and what happens here next time there's an election and some people don't like the way it has gone. Hope the behaviour we have seen in the US tonight doesn't inspire certain UK folks to kick off in a similar way.
I worry about the rise of violence in the UK all the time...it's scary. We've already had an MP murdered on her own streets. I dread to think what could happen in the future when everyone seems so angry and ready to blow all the time.

Reactions: 15
Reminds me of that South Park episode “they took our jobs”.

bleeping idiots
You just know South Park will be writing an episode on this as we speak.

I have sympathy for the woman who died. It’s sad that anyone gets so sucked in by all this that they end up losing their life needlessly as a result. I don’t condone her or anything else’s actions however, it’s a monumentally stupid thing to do.

I agree trump has blood on his hands, he’s been inciting and encouraging these people and probably knew full well where it could/would lead.

Reactions: 9
Have twitter deleted the video and his last tweet?!?!
Looks like it!

Just watched a report from ITV News on it all ()

These people are so so angry - they're being fed the constant lie this is a fixed election (seriously how was it fixed? How did they get millions of extra votes I dont understand how anyone can logically think that way). It's all this is my country, this is my house, it's scary to watch.

White supremacy in action - just getting more and more aggressive.

• Wow
I actually worry that even if/when Trump is gone they won’t stop. That this is it now, mob rule. Do they even need Trump as a figurehead now?

Reactions: 7
I just can't believe what I'm watching. I visited America for the first time in mid February 2020; at the time I could never have imagined what the rest of the year would hold for the US and indeed the world as a whole. It's so horrifying. History lessons of the future will be a total mindfuck.

Reactions: 5
I just can't believe what I'm watching. I visited America for the first time in mid February 2020; at the time I could never have imagined what the rest of the year would hold for the US and indeed the world as a whole. It's so horrifying. History lessons of the future will be a total mindfuck.
I went about 15 years ago, to NYC. Feels like a completely different universe, looking back.

Reactions: 3
I'm just glad I visited America years ago and got to see it before everything seemed to fall into the pits of hell. Wouldn't want to go anywhere near the place now.

Really sad seeing the situation there. Trump is deranged and there should be an easier way to forcibly remove a president when they are obviously insane.
He is a desperate man. It’s one thing to not like losing but when the game is up and he still refuses to accept the outcome, one can only conclude that he must be terrified of what’s to come next when he’s no longer POTUS. Will the various DAs be waiting for him and his family?

Actually it was.
If you are genuinely calling for calm you don’t continue to repeat the things that have fired people up. I’m watching the news now and even republicans have said that his speech was not enough

Reactions: 16
I'm torn about this. I have sympathy for her family and friends. Whilst part of me thinks 'don't storm a government building in the name of a total monster' the other part of me thinks 'did she deserve to lose her life'. I don't feel like I can advocate brutality like that for any side, especially when she lost her life yet they seemingly opened the gate for everyone else to strut right through.
She'll die a martyr and that could incite more violence.

Reactions: 1
Its so depressing to watch these scenes. I don't give an actual duck if its left or right. Both as bad as each other when it comes to kicking off like this. Violence, vandalism and rioting is never the answer.

Reactions: 12