Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I get what you mean and I wouldn’t want her to go in to full details. I just meant that as someone who has family/ mother issues myself, it would make me feel she was more relatable than the Callie who’s curated this (seemingly) insta perfect life.
you might quite like the holistic psychologist on insta if you’re not already following her, almost every post I’m like 😍 identification!

Reactions: 1
Sorry that was supposed to be I don’t think she’s very healthy 😂
I agree she could get to a healthy more manageable weight and still be plus size, she’s at the point now I wonder if she can even wipe her own ass. She seems to have to sit down a lot when she’s cooking. And she seems to really push the fact that she eats all these veggies but the amount she’s eating and the way she’s cooking is very calorific. I’m sure just a few changes would benefit her immensely
And I notice she’s always looking Dirty and Disheveled lately like she’s slept in the same clothes for days. Dan seems to be happy having oats for breakfast but Callie has to cook up a huge extravagant breakfast.

Reactions: 4
And I notice she’s always looking Dirty and Disheveled lately like she’s slept in the same clothes for days. Dan seems to be happy having oats for breakfast but Callie has to cook up a huge extravagant breakfast.
Urgh that bobbly/pilling black t-shirt she’s wearing in her latest stories makes me cringe. I guess she may have worn it to go on a bike ride (my tired t-shirts get relegated to gardening wear) but you’d get in and get showered / changed surely...?! Gross.

Reactions: 2
The word is grubby!
Without a doubt she is getting sweaty on her bike ride - dressed head to toe in black in 26 degrees will do that to ya ! I'm surprised she doesn't put on a short summery dress and ( the chub rub she's been paid to use/ advertise ) enjoy the sunshine and the breeze on her body ..its not as if they are doing hills or going very far !

Reactions: 3
I also can’t believer her offer to buy everyone a book who can’t afford one. It’s such a wonderful offer but surely would cost thousands? I’m often so confused by what she posts and then says and does. Weeks ago she was crying about having no money but then goes and buys extravagant fruits and veggies (I know when I very low on money it was frozen veggies all the way) and then offers to buy everyone a book? Like I said it’s a lovely offer but it’s left me confused

Reactions: 8
I also can’t believer her offer to buy everyone a book who can’t afford one. It’s such a wonderful offer but surely would cost thousands? I’m often so confused by what she posts and then says and does. Weeks ago she was crying about having no money but then goes and buys extravagant fruits and veggies (I know when I very low on money it was frozen veggies all the way) and then offers to buy everyone a book? Like I said it’s a lovely offer but it’s left me confused
This is it! She pleads poverty for sympathy and freebies from companies, but then swings in the next update to buying out the whole farmers market, some garden equipment or a pile of books. It pisses me off because it is so attention seeking.

Reactions: 7
Wait, what? Why is she sitting down to do cooking - like drawing a chair up to... sit down beside the cooker?! I need to check out the stories (if that is where she is seen doing this) because I don’t get the logistics.

It actually makes me wonder if she has some sort of disability because I have never heard of anyone doing this (except wheelchair users)?

I have chronic arthritis, fibromyalgia and degenerative disk disease and I've literally only just bought a stool to cook lol I'm also 42!

• Heart
Does she really sit down to cook? If someone has seen it on stories please can you post the evidence as I have never seen it myself x

I wondered about the sitting down to cook thing too. I saw one of her stories where she was food prepping and thought “bloody hell shes short, the worktop is level with her tits!”, then realised she must be sitting down.

Fair enough if she’s sitting at the dining table to prep food for a banquet and it’s taking hours, but pulling up a stool to your kitchen worktop to cook a meal for 2 implies major discomfort at standing.

duck off 😂😂😂 does she really??! That's like those massive people on "my 600lb life"
Yeah have you noticed when she’s filming herself chopping stuff she’s often sat down. Like if you need to sit down fine but don’t act like your this pinnacle of health out on your bike eating veggies.

Reactions: 3
Yeah have you noticed when she’s filming herself chopping stuff she’s often sat down. Like if you need to sit down fine but don’t act like your this pinnacle of health out on your bike eating veggies.
I'd rather stand up to cook my chicken nuggets 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This woman really gets on my tits...
Tells everyone to diversify their feed...shares pictures of people but doesn't provide any context to who the people are etc.
I can guarantee her feed and her 'activism' will disappear in due course. It's always the same with her.
Next she will be throwing out a load of LGBT+ posts for Pride month...

Reactions: 5
This woman really gets on my tits...
Tells everyone to diversify their feed...shares pictures of people but doesn't provide any context to who the people are etc.
I can guarantee her feed and her 'activism' will disappear in due course. It's always the same with her.
Next she will be throwing out a load of LGBT+ posts for Pride month...
I'm soo glad you wrote this! She is such a sheep ! Did exactly the same thing with all the election stuff ! By all means educate yourself but be honest too ! Give it a day or two and she will be back to her usual mindless massaging of kale with Dan&I looking on from the sidelines!

Reactions: 5
She really needs to learn less is more. One post that she actually put some thought into and which were her own words would be soo much better than posting slide after slide that she has taken off the internet, hasn't read properly and is posting mindlessly. This whole I'm an influencer and you need to listen to me and do as I tell you or you are a bad person rhetoric sickens me...people do things in their own time and process in their own way and wont be shamed into reacting because this uneducated lazy so and so has decided to jump on a bandwagon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She really needs to learn less is more. One post that she actually put some thought into and which were her own words would be soo much better than posting slide after slide that she has taken off the internet, hasn't read properly and is posting mindlessly. This whole I'm an influencer and you need to listen to me and do as I tell you or you are a bad person rhetoric sickens me...people do things in their own time and process in their own way and wont be shamed into reacting because this uneducated lazy so and so has decided to jump on a bandwagon.
Absolutely agree: and for that reason I just unfollowed her. I’m sick of her spouting the same regurgitated tit from more educated people then her. We get it callie, give it a rest now

• Heart
I mean I do agree that she posted a few too many slides tbh, particularly when she’s posting multiple posts from the same one post on someone’s insta but I would rather be directed to voices that have something constructive to say than listen to an influencer’s viewpoint on this stuff. There are influencers who already regularly post about social issues and racism etc. who come out with insightful things but I personally would rather see those voices and in particular black voices amplified by platforms like Callie.

As much as sharing resources and links is helpful she needs to ensure she continues with this going forward.
Erica Davies posted a number of stories saying that she will be more mindful when it comes to working with brands/accepting products/press trips etc to ensure that not everyone looks like her.
Something admittedly she should’ve been doing before but I respect her effectively calling herself out.
Hopefully Callie follows suit, even though we know she struggles to turn down a freebie trip with Dan&I

Attachments

As much as sharing resources and links is helpful she needs to ensure she continues with this going forward.
Erica Davies posted a number of stories saying that she will be more mindful when it comes to working with brands/accepting products/press trips etc to ensure that not everyone looks like her.
Something admittedly she should’ve been doing before but I respect her effectively calling herself out.
Hopefully Callie follows suit, even though we know she struggles to turn down a freebie trip with Dan&I
Really really hope she sees this because it’s an excellent point. But it’s a point for all of us to consider in how we shop to. I’m taking note of brands who are staying silent on this and the ones that are donating. And I’ll be bearing that in mind.

Reactions: 6