Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So i don't know if i am going mad or not but i am sure BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat interviewed her this morning on the radio about the protests in London.

So i don't know if i am going mad or not but i am sure BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat interviewed her this morning on the radio about the protests in London.
couldn’t possibly be! There’s no way she wouldn’t be bragging about it all over the shop if it were!

Reactions: 3
I’ve never heard of the torres party
Another shocking spelling mistake from her. I understand she might struggle with spelling, cool, but when a huge part of your job is the written word you’d think you’d bleeping try and at least spell check. So bloody lazy.

Reactions: 4
This uneducated bint has really pissed me off this evening.

View attachment 143176
I think you are missing the mark here tbh, she has a platform and she is using it which is more that can be said for other influencers who just reposted a story and have gone back to business as usual.
Her politics may not align with your own but it is a valid point being made - the prevailing issue at the moment is around the BLM movement. That’s not to say other prejudices aren’t alive and well especially in British politics but to bring it back to the Labour Party is just pure whataboutery.

Reactions: 13
I think you are missing the mark here tbh, she has a platform and she is using it which is more that can be said for other influencers who just reposted a story and have gone back to business as usual.
Her politics may not align with your own but it is a valid point being made - the prevailing issue at the moment is around the BLM movement. That’s not to say other prejudices aren’t alive and well especially in British politics but to bring it back to the Labour Party is just pure whataboutery.

But it’s ok to imply that by voting conservative you’re supporting racism?

You can’t speak up against discrimination and discriminate others at the same time. That’s why her argument is invalid and hypocritical

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah it is - Johnson has an undeniable track record of it alone.
Then my initial statement of supporting anti-semitism by voting labour stands. The whole party has an undeniable track record, so I didn’t miss the mark at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

As mentioned, you cannot claim to be standing up for those that are discriminated against while discriminating against others.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s spouting absolute bollocks ‘ reflection- how do I see black people who aren’t my friends’ . There’s a lot being posted out there for the good but stuff like this is time to shut up

I think she needs to take her own advice tbh....take a breath and educate herself before she speaks. I'm soo fed up with these so called influencers who abuse their platform the way she does especially with her pro Labour rhetoric. Another one who needs to read the room !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I know it’s a private thing (much like washing your face, lying in bed with your fella) but I think I’d relate more to her if she spoke a bit about why she and Dan&I don’t have contact with their parents. Would make her seem more down to earth.
Neither of them has contact with both of their parents???

I think Dan does. With his dad - not sure about his mum. Callie has never known her dad and I think has a complicated relationship with her mum 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then my initial statement of supporting anti-semitism by voting labour stands. The whole party has an undeniable track record, so I didn’t miss the mark at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

As mentioned, you cannot claim to be standing up for those that are discriminated against while discriminating against others.
You do realise slating tories and racism are not on the same level right? Having your feelings hurt because you voted for a party someone is against does not equate to the same level of discrimination as racism. Its insulting to those who have actually been murdered because of racism and true discrimination. The audacity to even dare try and say they’re on the same level especially during times like this is gross and insensitive.

Imagine living in such a bubble the only form of ‘discrimination’ you face is an influencer saying some mean (and valid) words about a party you voted for. I can’t believe this is the hill some of you are choosing to die on

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think we at risk of being derailed by politics here guys.

Has anyone taken Callie up on her generous offer to buy some books?

Also a bit cheeky to not credit Bodie Theone for her wise quotation on apathy... :unsure:

Reactions: 6