Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did this “Dan&I” come from 😂😂 I’m not actually a follower of her on insta. 😬
Me neither any more ! Had a enough of seeing her lying dishonest mug and all the unnecessary purchases. The Dan&I comes from pretty much every post she puts up where she utters " Dan&I " ... She does nothing by herself, poor old Dan&I is hen pecked into everything !

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well I'm curious as to where she goes from here ...not much room left in the garden so unlikely to be any more purchases there, the house is now all painted white and covered in pics of her and Dan and I, her cooking skills are proving to be very limited although we may yet see dragon fruit dipped in chocolate so brace yourselves for that master class, no freebie trips abroad to be had for the foreseeable ....so that leaves errrr hmmmm ...oh god more bike rides with Helmut one and two ! Perhaps that's wear she applies the chub rub that she uses on her bike rides ! 🤥

She makes it all look very Insta worthy but the truth is they live in a scruffy/not quite gentrified part of Walthamstow, opposite a very old man’s pub. The tree lined streets she’s been Insta Storying in her bike is far removed from her real life situation. It’s like the “farmers market” thing, we all know it’s just a glorified fruit and veg stall amongst dozens of regular fruit and veg stalls, but her followers don’t know that. It’s all very false.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
but like I said, she’s not really reducing her consumption is she? She’s still scoffing endless charcuterie boards, endless cheese etc etc.
Yeah every little helps but not when you’re a knob who just drinks oat milk to look woke!

Oh yes I get what you mean. I don’t follow her on IG so not really aware of what she posts daily regarding food (unless I read it here). But I’m with you on people constantly flexing the fact they don’t drink dairy being annoying, especially if the person still consumes dairy in other ways

Reactions: 2
She makes it all look very Insta worthy but the truth is they live in a scruffy/not quite gentrified part of Walthamstow, opposite a very old man’s pub. The tree lined streets she’s been Insta Storying in her bike is far removed from her real life situation. It’s like the “farmers market” thing, we all know it’s just a glorified fruit and veg stall amongst dozens of regular fruit and veg stalls, but her followers don’t know that. It’s all very false.
She lies about everything it would seem ! All terribly sad tbh.

Oh yes I get what you mean. I don’t follow her on IG so not really aware of what she posts daily regarding food (unless I read it here). But I’m with you on people constantly flexing the fact they don’t drink dairy being annoying, especially if the person still consumes dairy in other ways
Yes this drives me crackers!

some influencers who do those ‘what I eat in a day’ videos showing how they lost weight and they’re like “i completely cut out diary and it changed my life I dropped 100lbs over night and cleared my acne”
Cuts to ‘for breakfast everyday I have a whey protein smoothie’ 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can’t believe how large her face looked today in her stories! Not body shaming or fat shaming but holy hell she looks grey and so unhealthy! When will these body positive influencers realise that they can be body positive and be a healthy dress size!

Reactions: 3
Only just found this thread! I used to follow Callie but the labour and election thing used to really piss me off.

Does anyone remember when she did the search online for her real dad and then didn’t want to speak about it when she found him?? ( sorry if it’s been mentioned in the thread I’m still catching up reading the pages)

Only just found this thread! I used to follow Callie but the labour and election thing used to really piss me off.

Does anyone remember when she did the search online for her real dad and then didn’t want to speak about it when she found him?? ( sorry if it’s been mentioned in the thread I’m still catching up reading the pages)
Yep, remember it well. It’s a bit unfortunate I imagine, I think her mother had had children with different men but they were raised by the grandparents. I’m sure there’s a lot of pain there, but I think it’s strange to crowd source finding him and then insist on Privacy. If it was so private then she should not have talked about it.

• Wow
I know it’s a private thing (much like washing your face, lying in bed with your fella) but I think I’d relate more to her if she spoke a bit about why she and Dan&I don’t have contact with their parents. Would make her seem more down to earth.

Reactions: 1
I know it’s a private thing (much like washing your face, lying in bed with your fella) but I think I’d relate more to her if she spoke a bit about why she and Dan&I don’t have contact with their parents. Would make her seem more down to earth.
Do they not, not even Dan’s parents? That is very sad.

Can’t believe how large her face looked today in her stories! Not body shaming or fat shaming but holy hell she looks grey and so unhealthy! When will these body positive influencers realise that they can be body positive and be a healthy dress size!
I do think she is very healthy. Didn’t she have a dvt after a recent flight? You’d think that might scare her into doing something about her weight. I mean I’m big myself and I get it’s hard when you have an unhealthy relationship with food and I’m certainly trying to do something about it but you’d think after ending up in hospital over something very likely linked to her weight she’d make some changes.

• Wow
Tbh I will defend her on this as a child of multiple dysfunctional families, it’s a really difficult thing to have to deal with as a woman on social media (Mother’s Day, big life moments you have to go through alone, etc etc) much less one with a huge audience. And with abusive parents so it’s not safe to pass comment much less publicly, and I don’t think anyone’s trauma is for our consumption full stop tbh.

I know you get the Grace F Victorys of the world who want to do the whole trauma and holistic psychology thing and monetise their trauma but even then, they’re not actually doing anyone any good it’s purely for their financial gain. Leave the advocacy and therapy to professionals & charities who have the capacity to help people suffering, these girls are just glorified sales reps they’re not up for the job.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do think she is very healthy. Didn’t she have a dvt after a recent flight? You’d think that might scare her into doing something about her weight. I mean I’m big myself and I get it’s hard when you have an unhealthy relationship with food and I’m certainly trying to do something about it but you’d think after ending up in hospital over something very likely linked to her weight she’d make some changes.
She appears to be healthy because she’s always eating veggies but you do not get to that size witho overeating. I agree it’s very hard but what shits me most about Callie is that she is very clearly unhappy in her size but instead of trying to change it she is choosing to stay that size because she’s based her whole career on being plus size. She could quite comfortably lose 20-30 kilos and still be considered plus size.

Reactions: 4
She appears to be healthy because she’s always eating veggies but you do not get to that size witho overeating. I agree it’s very hard but what shits me most about Callie is that she is very clearly unhappy in her size but instead of trying to change it she is choosing to stay that size because she’s based her whole career on being plus size. She could quite comfortably lose 20-30 kilos and still be considered plus size.
Sorry that was supposed to be I don’t think she’s very healthy 😂
I agree she could get to a healthy more manageable weight and still be plus size, she’s at the point now I wonder if she can even wipe her own ass. She seems to have to sit down a lot when she’s cooking. And she seems to really push the fact that she eats all these veggies but the amount she’s eating and the way she’s cooking is very calorific. I’m sure just a few changes would benefit her immensely

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Tbh I will defend her on this as a child of multiple dysfunctional families, it’s a really difficult thing to have to deal with as a woman on social media (Mother’s Day, big life moments you have to go through alone, etc etc) much less one with a huge audience. And with abusive parents so it’s not safe to pass comment much less publicly, and I don’t think anyone’s trauma is for our consumption full stop tbh.

I know you get the Grace F Victorys of the world who want to do the whole trauma and holistic psychology thing and monetise their trauma but even then, they’re not actually doing anyone any good it’s purely for their financial gain. Leave the advocacy and therapy to professionals & charities who have the capacity to help people suffering, these girls are just glorified sales reps they’re not up for the job.
Yes I get what you mean and I wouldn’t want her to go in to full details. I just meant that as someone who has family/ mother issues myself, it would make me feel she was more relatable than the Callie who’s curated this (seemingly) insta perfect life.

Wait, what? Why is she sitting down to do cooking - like drawing a chair up to... sit down beside the cooker?! I need to check out the stories (if that is where she is seen doing this) because I don’t get the logistics.

It actually makes me wonder if she has some sort of disability because I have never heard of anyone doing this (except wheelchair users)?

Sorry that was supposed to be I don’t think she’s very healthy 😂
I agree she could get to a healthy more manageable weight and still be plus size, she’s at the point now I wonder if she can even wipe her own ass. She seems to have to sit down a lot when she’s cooking. And she seems to really push the fact that she eats all these veggies but the amount she’s eating and the way she’s cooking is very calorific. I’m sure just a few changes would benefit her immensely
Sorry, the wiping her own bum comment tickled me.