Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off she goes about the Labour Party! I don’t think she has really learnt anything!

Reactions: 4
She would just do better to stay quiet! She speaks like you thinks she knows what she is talking about but the majority of it is disjointed and makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think some people are trying to show they understand, when clearly they don’t. Better to say ‘I’m learning’
A lot of influencers virtue signal instead of actually trying to educate themselves and their audience, it’s bleeping annoying

• Heart
She’s comparing BLM to her struggles being plus size? Jesus Christ
I missed this because I’ve been busy trying to engage with all the fantastic new accounts I’ve had recommended to me but what did she say? That’s some kind of white bullshit right there. I’m plus size too, but my weight has fluctuated so much over the years that I’ve been thin. I’m not gonna pretend like losing weight is easy but it’s not impossible. Fatphobia is a problem but the police don’t go around killing people for being fat.

Reactions: 2
Waffle bollocks but along lines of with all her challenge being accepted as a plus size in fashion she should do something to get more of the message out. I’m all for BLM and it’s a message that needs more promotion but to link in with plus size struggles?Not needed

Waffle bollocks but along lines of with all her challenge being accepted as a plus size in fashion she should do something to get more of the message out. I’m all for BLM and it’s a message that needs more promotion but to link in with plus size struggles?Not needed
Was it on her stories? I really wish I’d seen it to call her out on it. I think I heard that Bethany Rutter did the same thing but I don’t follow her.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes both of them comparing fatphobia to racism. No words
That’s so gross. I’ve unfollowed her cos I honestly can’t believe that she’d say that. I’ve seen black influencers saying they feel that they’ve been passed over for their skin and their size and that’s completely fair enough, right now I want to hear what they have to say not white influencers who’ve been going on almost all white press trips for years. The only annoying thing is she will count me down as a lost follower cos of me her black square and half assed attempt at caring about other people.

• Heart
I recently saw another influencer post that the body positive movement was started for and by black, plus sized women. Does anyone know if this is true?

If so, Callie can preach all she likes about BLM but she’s entirely ignoring how she’s abused her privilege and made some serious cash out of something that was never for her in the first place

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I recently saw another influencer post that the body positive movement was started for and by black, plus sized women. Does anyone know if this is true?

If so, Callie can preach all she likes about BLM but she’s entirely ignoring how she’s abused her privilege and made some serious cash out of something that was never for her in the first place
I believe this to be true.

I don't know much about it but upon exploring it after getting disenchanted with the whole BoPo movement i was surprised to find out it's origins. It is something I am further exploring rather than taking the BoPo community and ethos as purported by Callie Thorpe and such like.
(I think i accidentally reported your comment when i tried to reply)

Reactions: 1
I believe this to be true.

I don't know much about it but upon exploring it after getting disenchanted with the whole BoPo movement i was surprised to find out it's origins. It is something I am further exploring rather than taking the BoPo community and ethos as purported by Callie Thorpe and such like.
(I think i accidentally reported your comment when i tried to reply)
Thank you for confirming - glad to hear I hadn’t imagined the whole thing!

I’ve tried to do some research too but I’m struggling to find much information. It’s such a shame it’s been transformed from its original origins to be monetised when it was never really about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know it’s lockdown and everything but they both looked really scruffy and unwashed today. Surely if SM is your job you’d look presentable?

• Haha
Have you seen the last "diet Prada" post about Anthropologie? I am curious to see her reaction about that.

Me too ! Wonder if our Cal will put her money where her mouth is and disassociate herself from them or is the lure of freebie holidays bigger than what is left of her integrity?

Reactions: 9