Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like Callie but lately she’ just comes across as so false and disingenuous. Taking a fee from a charity to promote a product has to be the absolute pits, surly?!
I feel exactly the same, I really liked her before covid but during she’s just been utterly tone deaf and quite unlikeable. Like I imagine she probably doesn’t have any London mates who aren’t bloggers so they all skew privileged so she doesn’t realise how badly this reads to her audience? I can’t imagine how angry I’d be consuming her content if I was struggling through covid financially tbh.

Reactions: 3
There's this amazing invention called Google...you know, the one you used to look up hot tubs, bicycles, tables and chairs !! 🙄

Honestly sometimes she comes across soo fake and disingenuous! I'm sure Dan and I can assist with looking up of what an elderflower looks like ! 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There's this amazing invention called Google...you know, the one you used to look up hot tubs, bicycles, tables and chairs !! 🙄

Honestly sometimes she comes across soo fake and disingenuous! I'm sure Dan and I can assist with looking up of what an elderflower looks like ! 😣
Ah but how else would Freddie’s flowers know to get in touch for some #placement in her insta garden / flat?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Awkward! Just seen her bezzy mate, Curvy Roamer ( one of the more decent bloggers that doesn't sell her soul on there for a quick buck unlike her mate ! ) has done an honest post on that beauty box stuff ...seems it's over priced, over £150 for a few products and there are issues with their customer services, people trying to cancel subscriptions etc and money not being paid back that is owed. Just goes to show that they flog these products to people who trust them but they in fact know very little about what they are asking people to swipe up on ! 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Awkward! Just seen her bezzy mate, Curvy Roamer ( one of the more decent bloggers that doesn't sell her soul on there for a quick buck unlike her mate ! ) has done an honest post on that beauty box stuff ...seems it's over priced, over £150 for a few products and there are issues with their customer services, people trying to cancel subscriptions etc and money not being paid back that is owed. Just goes to show that they flog these products to people who trust them but they in fact know very little about what they are asking people to swipe up on ! 😔
I’ve used beauty pie for ages, long before they got bloggers onboard. Spending £150 with them would get you a LOT of products, it’s all really good stuff made with quality ingredients. I’ve used La Prairie before and this stuff is on par, the make up can be hit and miss but when it’s £4 for a lipstick you don’t mind trying it, so I think she’s done them a dis-service there

I’ve used beauty pie for ages, long before they got bloggers onboard. Spending £150 with them would get you a LOT of products, it’s all really good stuff made with quality ingredients. I’ve used La Prairie before and this stuff is on par, the make up can be hit and miss but when it’s £4 for a lipstick you don’t mind trying it, so I think she’s done them a dis-service there
I don't think there is any question about the quality of the products I think it's the pricing structure and being tied to a 3 month subscription in order to get the stuff much cheaper.

Reactions: 1
I agree that’s a bit confusing at first, but it’s £30 for 3 months and the prices are all on there. I a big fan but I do know people who have bought it thinking they get products every month rather than just the option to buy stuff

I’ve just read her review (I don’t follow her) and it almost seems like she’s disappointed she didn’t get an #ad. It’s £10 a month normally so no idea why she spent £150 for a year (an annual membership is £99). And the people complaining about losing money, they haven’t ordered anything and then cancelled so they will lose it, that’s made quite clear when you sign up. The pricing structure is a bit odd but it’s not that difficult to work out, I’m crap at maths and even I can do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Is it just me that wouldn’t want to be eating things I’ve ‘foraged’ right now what with there being a pandemic and all?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
That elderflower she picked was half dead as well, anything made out of that would be rank 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree that’s a bit confusing at first, but it’s £30 for 3 months and the prices are all on there. I a big fan but I do know people who have bought it thinking they get products every month rather than just the option to buy stuff

I’ve just read her review (I don’t follow her) and it almost seems like she’s disappointed she didn’t get an #ad. It’s £10 a month normally so no idea why she spent £150 for a year (an annual membership is £99). And the people complaining about losing money, they haven’t ordered anything and then cancelled so they will lose it, that’s made quite clear when you sign up. The pricing structure is a bit odd but it’s not that difficult to work out, I’m crap at maths and even I can do it.
My sister has beauty pie, but I still don’t understand it.
So, for arguments sake, if I had a £10 a month membership, I could buy 2 lipsticks that are £5 each? What if I want to spend more than £10? Do I just pay the extra?? And do you pay p&p?? 😬

My sister has beauty pie, but I still don’t understand it.
So, for arguments sake, if I had a £10 a month membership, I could buy 2 lipsticks that are £5 each? What if I want to spend more than £10? Do I just pay the extra?? And do you pay p&p?? 😬
No you pay £10 a month and that gives you £100 to spend. But it’s £100 based on the rrp prices, so the lipsticks might be rrp £20 so that £40 off your £100 total but it’ll only cost you £10. Anything you don’t spend you just roll over as long as you have a subscription active. Can also do £15 or £20 a month for £150/£200 to spend. P&P is on top, normally about £3-4 depending on how many candles I get. Does that make sense? I do get how it seems confusing 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 1
No you pay £10 a month and that gives you £100 to spend. But it’s £100 based on the rrp prices, so the lipsticks might be rrp £20 so that £40 off your £100 total but it’ll only cost you £10. Anything you don’t spend you just roll over as long as you have a subscription active. Can also do £15 or £20 a month for £150/£200 to spend. P&P is on top, normally about £3-4 depending on how many candles I get. Does that make sense? I do get how it seems confusing 😬
Thank you ! That makes more sense than how other influencers have explained it 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s because most influencers do not actually care or have thought about the product they are flogging, beyond the script provided (including Dr Bunsen-faced Callie)...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How anxiety inducing was that, seeing that loaded up fork-full of pancake and slop being carried over the rugs and sofa to Dan&I and then being shoved in his gob...?

Also is she on the beg for some yoghurt? Sad times.

• Haha
Reactions: 4