Callie Thorpe #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she is so boring with her description. She never explains why it’s warm? Where it is in the world? She just makes these places boring!

Reactions: 3
I’m 99.9% sure that this is a work trip to promote the Canary Islands to people who might be a bit ‘sniffy’ about going there. Why is absolutely none of it marked as an ad??

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m 99.9% sure that this is a work trip to promote the Canary Islands to people who might be a bit ‘sniffy’ about going there. Why is absolutely none of it marked as an ad??
She’s the first to whinge about how she feels yet the last to abide by legal requirements. The #ad declarations are law. I say this on so many threads but young women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates & I have no doubt this is because we are bombarded with frequently undeclared lifestyle imagery. How does she think women that her peer group are pushing/duping into financial difficulty feel? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Even the #ads aren’t sufficient cos even when an influencer is doing content sat on their sofa and you see everything in the background - it’s not strictly an ad, but they’ve not paid for it, but until women clock this they believe that this level of spending is normal for their peer group, so they do it. It’s so bad and the whole thing needs a shake up so badly. I hope they start teaching young girls this in schools tbh as the pressure to consume must be insane for young adults now.

Reactions: 9
She’s the first to whinge about how she feels yet the last to abide by legal requirements. The #ad declarations are law. I say this on so many threads but young women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates & I have no doubt this is because we are bombarded with frequently undeclared lifestyle imagery. How does she think women that her peer group are pushing/duping into financial difficulty feel? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Even the #ads aren’t sufficient cos even when an influencer is doing content sat on their sofa and you see everything in the background - it’s not strictly an ad, but they’ve not paid for it, but until women clock this they believe that this level of spending is normal for their peer group, so they do it. It’s so bad and the whole thing needs a shake up so badly. I hope they start teaching young girls this in schools tbh as the pressure to consume must be insane for young adults now.
I’m late 40s and still susceptible! The amount of times over the last month or so that I’ve added stuff to my ‘online basket’ and then thought “FFS, if you need to use Klarna or CC it means that you CANNOT AFFORD IT and don’t need it!!”

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m late 40s and still susceptible! The amount of times over the last month or so that I’ve added stuff to my ‘online basket’ and then thought “FFS, if you need to use Klarna or CC it means that you CANNOT AFFORD IT and don’t need it!!”
It’s really bad isn’t it. It’s because it’s constant, you’re used to constantly seeing instant #renos and houses jam packed with stuff with people you’ve assumed are your peers so it subtly influences your decision making. Like there’s more to be said on what is a normal/sustainable level of consumption anyway but we have to see it as the brand funded version of those kids at uni who’d always encourage you to dip into your OD to go out cos they were in theirs, but didn’t disclose that mummy clears it for them every half term. Or when your mates are suddenly being bought 2 bed flats. Like when you earn it + it’s all you’ve got you make different decisions - but only if you’re aware these ppl aren’t in the same boat!

It’s so bleeping bad and why I have 0 tolerance for any of them that whinge about MH when they’re leading women to ruin like this. Her mate Danielle Vanier is good at ad disclosure and even being honest about her minted parents, Callie afaik came from a working class background so why she’s like this is truly beyond me.

Reactions: 8
It's all the " I've got you a discount code " ...what they fail to also mention is that they have received the product for free and will receive a kick back from the brand too every time the code is used. Its all a big con designed to mislead. They are nothing but sneaky sales reps the lot of them...and Callie without a doubt is one of the worst.

No doubt the con corner subscriptions are still paying for her lazy lifestyle. Her conning side kick Eyebrows does her shopping in M&S! Says it all really!

Reactions: 7
It's all the " I've got you a discount code " ...what they fail to also mention is that they have received the product for free and will receive a kick back from the brand too every time the code is used. Its all a big con designed to mislead. They are nothing but sneaky sales reps the lot of them...and Callie without a doubt is one of the worst.

No doubt the con corner subscriptions are still paying for her lazy lifestyle. Her conning side kick Eyebrows does her shopping in M&S! Says it all really!
And how they flit from skincare brand to skincare brand is the best at illustrating this imo. Even pre ASA shakeup influencers (and Callie herself has done exactly this!) would share their favs, and you’d think oh they must like it as it’s half empty (tbh they probably just decant it for authenticity) but then 2 weeks later they have a whole new routine that’s completely changed their skin? Like errrm what?! They all do it. Imagine if you’d spend hundreds on it? With the prevalence of BNPL schemes there will be girls still paying off the first lot watching the second! What the duck must they think?! The whole thing is insane.

Reactions: 5
The posts absolutely REEK of an advert?! Surely she wouldn’t be so cocky after being pulled up before for not declaring ads?

She was running in this picture and looked like it was a real struggleView attachment 1853079

View attachment 1853080
Well there is some awareness then that people have noted that she's constantly moaning in-between her free holidays !

I'm not sure people are 'mad' at them, I think it's more the utter lack of acknowledgement of her privilege and the pulling of the mental health card when it suits her plus she offers zero content to the loyal people who follow her, who have enabled her to spend most of last year on holiday!

Is the con corner still running ? I'm assuming the subscriptions from that are still paying her bills whilst she's off sunbathing!

Think shes a bit paranoid about what people think about her tbh! People like this shouldn’t be doing this kind of work on the internet as you really have to be prepared for insults and comments, its the name of the game! You need to be very thick skinned, and Callie isn’t!

Reactions: 4
Shes not selling this place, it looks horrible and plain with no greenery. Bit like a gravel pit! Definately not for me!
EC8F1F2A-01C8-4B2F-84AF-E088596546BB.png
BDB61276-E17A-4E6B-A584-D2C94E59F081.png

I don't mind the look of it, much of the islands are volcanic and you do see that in the scenery but not that we would know as there's nothing in a post

Even some of the new posts they've hired a car, OK well what kind of cost is that? Is it easy to do on the canaries? Where is this viewpoint? Is it far by car?

Ah there's just no real useful info or detail. If you can take the time to use a drone you can take the time to give some basic info...

Reactions: 10
I don't mind the look of it, much of the islands are volcanic and you do see that in the scenery but not that we would know as there's nothing in a post

Even some of the new posts they've hired a car, OK well what kind of cost is that? Is it easy to do on the canaries? Where is this viewpoint? Is it far by car?

Ah there's just no real useful info or detail. If you can take the time to use a drone you can take the time to give some basic info...
Also having been to the canaries in Jan I can say the weather is not always nice and you can end up pretty much stuck on tours etc as when jt isn't warm there's not as much to do. They got lucky with the weather, last time I was there I got 2 sunny days out of 10 lol!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.