Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On her stories she has mentioned an influencer who’s page she loves as she’s so open about infertility. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but perhaps they are having struggles of their own. She shows signs of depression and talks about anxiety and that’s not nice for anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
8.00am is ‘so early’? No it isn’t. Most of the working public are up & either already out or they’re heading out to work at that time. And even parents etc would be looking after kids, taking them to school (or pushing them out the door). Her privilege lately has been shining brightly.

She said her mental health has been bad but she’s not helping herself. Sleeping in, lazing around the house isn’t going to make you feel better Callie, you need to move your body, get proactive and do things, not sit around and let your mental health ‘stew’.

Reactions: 7
she clearly needs to get off social media and focus on her mental health. Her message of body confidence just isn’t believable anymore and her travel page is just rehashed posts of old press trips

Reactions: 5
They are so desperate for another free holiday, it's sickening. Dan&I is even on the beg.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. you CAN not be fat and happy! I don’t care what anyone says! Being so overweight affects your mental health in the worst possible way! You CAN BE curvy and happy, like Callie used to be before she piled on an extra 30 or so kilos.
I also find it very weird how much time they spend together? I think id go NUTS if I spent so much time with my partner.

• Angry
Cool. I mean, I’m fat and happy, I don’t know what number you expect clinical depression to kick in at, but I’m not there yet. This is judgemental nonsense.

I have no qualms with the suggestion that she is depressed and has put on weight, but you can’t make sweeping generalisations based on absolutely nothing. My god.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. you CAN not be fat and happy! I don’t care what anyone says! Being so overweight affects your mental health in the worst possible way! You CAN BE curvy and happy, like Callie used to be before she piled on an extra 30 or so kilos.
I also find it very weird how much time they spend together? I think id go NUTS if I spent so much time with my partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Cool. I mean, I’m fat and happy, I don’t know what number you expect clinical depression to kick in at, but I’m not there yet. This is judgemental nonsense.

I have no qualms with the suggestion that she is depressed and has put on weight, but you can’t make sweeping generalisations based on absolutely nothing. My god.
Yeah, agreed. It’s actually verging on ableism to suggest you can only be happy in one type of body? I’ve had huge health issues, am I not able to be happy in my body because of them? 🥴 A friend had an accident and became paralysed and unable to walk anymore, can he never be happy?

It’s clear she has huge lifestyle issues but they’re separate from her body. If she had a routine, looked after herself and her home, hung out w friends / family, blah blah blah to fill her life with she’d likely be a lot happier than she is just lazing around all day buying stuff and whinging for free holidays. That is the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The only thing that makes me unhappy about being the size I am is seeing people going on about how awful it is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Yeah, agreed. It’s actually verging on ableism to suggest you can only be happy in one type of body? I’ve had huge health issues, am I not able to be happy in my body because of them? 🥴 A friend had an accident and became paralysed and unable to walk anymore, can he never be happy?

It’s clear she has huge lifestyle issues but they’re separate from her body. If she had a routine, looked after herself and her home, hung out w friends / family, blah blah blah to fill her life with she’d likely be a lot happier than she is just lazing around all day buying stuff and whinging for free holidays. That is the problem.
So true. Callie is in such a crisis most likely because her entire existence is based on shilling freebies and globe trotting at no personal expense to her so when that all suddenly comes to a halt she doesn’t know what her purpose is. That’s on her. If she was so keen to be a travel blogger, why not book a staycation for autumn in Wales? She could spin that into a journey home type of situation. She won’t do anything productive but sit around and moan then claim her anxiety levels are through the roof - well no wonder! She needs more in her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s like when someone asked her why she didn’t volunteer and she said she’d looked into it....that was that....she could have done so much with the free time but she just can’t be arsed

• Heart
I've said similar before but I find it wild that on a thread of a plus size influencer, where you can safely assume a good portion of people watching are plus size themselves, some commenters are so viciously awful about being fat. Like, know your audience.

I agree that Callie has gained weight and no longer seems comfortable, and I also have noticed that she is talking more frequently about her anxiety (and her behaviour seems to evidence that she's telling the truth). But I don't think the weight gain is the cause of the anxiety, it's a symptom.

When I'm miserable, I gain weight. I'm currently the fattest I've ever been and it's because I'm getting over a year of severe depression, which is my longest episode to date. You can't just tell a person to suck it up and lose a few stone when they can't get out of bed or see a viable future.

Where it DOES annoy me with Callie, as other posters have said, is that she has considerable means and access to help and support, but doesn't take those opportunities because she's too busy looking to live that travel Insta lifestyle. I'd really like to see her talk honestly about weight gain and how you can healthily get back to a size you're more comfortable at (not necessarily anything approaching "thin"), while not succumbing to disordered eating or the diet industry. Doubt she could do that without incurring the wrath of the Bethany Rutters of this world, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've said similar before but I find it wild that on a thread of a plus size influencer, where you can safely assume a good portion of people watching are plus size themselves, some commenters are so viciously awful about being fat. Like, know your audience.

I agree that Callie has gained weight and no longer seems comfortable, and I also have noticed that she is talking more frequently about her anxiety (and her behaviour seems to evidence that she's telling the truth). But I don't think the weight gain is the cause of the anxiety, it's a symptom.

When I'm miserable, I gain weight. I'm currently the fattest I've ever been and it's because I'm getting over a year of severe depression, which is my longest episode to date. You can't just tell a person to suck it up and lose a few stone when they can't get out of bed or see a viable future.

Where it DOES annoy me with Callie, as other posters have said, is that she has considerable means and access to help and support, but doesn't take those opportunities because she's too busy looking to live that travel Insta lifestyle. I'd really like to see her talk honestly about weight gain and how you can healthily get back to a size you're more comfortable at (not necessarily anything approaching "thin"), while not succumbing to disordered eating or the diet industry. Doubt she could do that without incurring the wrath of the Bethany Rutters of this world, though.
😂 incurring the wrath, it’s true loool. I find the plus size threads on tattle the weirdest - Danielle’s has a rampant homo/transphobe & Callie & Grace get the fatphobic ones?!

I wonder how much of CT’s unhappiness is due to her being an influencer. Like I know they choose it and it’s a doss, they get loads of freebies, blah blah blah but she is still just a token of inclusivity in pretty much all of these campaigns (especially since pivoting away from fashion) and she must be aware of that on some level... it must be isolating to be the “other” on these press trips or dinners out with brands that aren’t really for you or your community? I imagine she also struggles because she’s again a minority in her not being from family wealth like the rest of them (which is why I first really liked her!) so has work and financial anxieties they can’t relate to, and can’t fill her days down shoreditch house or bleeping off to a palatial country manor because she wants to detox or steam her vagina ala Grace.

but yeah as said instead of doing anything productive about it like pivoting away from grabbing or filling the hole in the soul with volunteering they’re launching a tone deaf holiday freebie page 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I think it was probably worded badly saying you can’t be fat and happy as that’s just not true. I thnk what they were trying to say was When these influencers (not so much callie) push being massively overweight and to ‘love yourself’ when being overweight is uncomfortable and physically challenging

Has she ever said her anxiety/ mental health issues stem from her weight ?

I personally think all her recent posts have been a reflection of what she has been reading here about her behaviour prior to lockdown and more so during lockdown.... she has done very little with regards to supporting her followers under her mantle of body positivity/ confidence advocate...

Reactions: 2
So this image just came up on my feed as a suggested account. Thought to myself, he looks quite good looking 😏. Went on the account and it’s Dan&i 😩😩😖😖
Nooooo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11