Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it's not toast. it's not even toasted. She'll be making cloud eggs next! She is looking a bit fresher and happier though.

God the Ad stories have started... that Concealer is way too dark for her under eyes

Reactions: 4
Her posts are a bit strange and lacking in any rhythm or sense. I feel she’s really down and depressed and to be honest it’s not a nice feeling to know that tattle could have contributed to this.

I think we need to be aware of what things we are actually criticising because she is trying her best to change things for plus size people and help people’s confidence.

She’s not like Mrs Hinch for example who is skinny, rich, etr and there is nothing obvious that society openly discriminates her for. Versus influencers like Callie who do seem to have a agenda for positive change in our society. Just my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her videos today made me feel uncomfortable, like they're very forced. They cut off while she's speaking too which is annoying but I have to agree with the above poster that she's coming across very depressed and anxious.

Reactions: 2
Her posts are a bit strange and lacking in any rhythm or sense. I feel she’s really down and depressed and to be honest it’s not a nice feeling to know that tattle could have contributed to this.

I think we need to be aware of what things we are actually criticising because she is trying her best to change things for plus size people and help people’s confidence.

She’s not like Mrs Hinch for example who is skinny, rich, etr and there is nothing obvious that society openly discriminates her for. Versus influencers like Callie who do seem to have a agenda for positive change in our society. Just my opinion.
I totally agree but it just annoys me I suppose that she sold out. I used to love her but the constant peddling of ads and products that are tit do my head in

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Not sure you can say we need to think about what we say about Callie then go on to say that about Mrs Hinch....

• Haha
  • Heart
I think the whole point of this site is that its a place to come to vent etc ...Callie has a choice not to come read here ..she chooses too!

And also FYI...i think attempting to moderate what people post is against the rules??

and i would also suggest that of late she has done absolutely nothing to help the bopo movement or help boost people's confidence!

She had an ideal opportunity during lockdown to contribute something useful but she chose a different path ... the #ad one, flogging any old expensive unnecessary item that was gifted to her !

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

I am certainly being harsh but I think her only agenda is herself and her own well-being.

Reactions: 7
If you don’t like what’s posted you don’t have to read it, just scroll on through. Much like Callie can do 😉

Tbh bless you, Callie gets paid to put content online by brands that want to sell you stuff. Anything else she puts out on her stories whilst nice, is a means of engaging with her and/or growing her audience. The audience she then shows to brands and says I get x% engagement, y% conversion, please give me £p,000 to promote this product.

She is not an activist. Tbh influencing is at direct odds with a lot of the issues she claims to care about? You sound very naive I hope a bit more time on tattle you’ll start clocking what a tit show the whole industry is.

Reactions: 18
I am certainly being harsh but I think her only agenda is herself and her own well-being.
Truthful i would say ! Any that have followed her since February would be hard pushed to disagree imo !

Reactions: 3
Do you think she's a nice person because she is fat and has suffered from this situation? Skinny people have insecurities too, just different ones maybe but not everyone is bad. We're probably projecting and identify to those who look more like us, but how Callie is helping anyone with her useless content and artificial pedantry?
I used to appreciate her too.

Reactions: 9
Tbh bless you, Callie gets paid to put content online by brands that want to sell you stuff. Anything else she puts out on her stories whilst nice, is a means of engaging with her and/or growing her audience. The audience she then shows to brands and says I get x% engagement, y% conversion, please give me £p,000 to promote this product.

She is not an activist. Tbh influencing is at direct odds with a lot of the issues she claims to care about? You sound very naive I hope a bit more time on tattle you’ll start clocking what a tit show the whole industry is.
Yeah, your points are really good to be honest. I mean I really hate influencer culture and the way it monetises on everything. I just think that in the grand scheme of things she’s isn’t as bad as some of her competitors and that since influencer culture is not going anywhere anytime soon.. to have body diversity is kind of important. Even if she is trying to cash in on everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The make up looks dreadful.
She needs to learn some vocabulary other than ‘nice’ and ‘chefs kisses’ (although she does seem to have ditched ‘delicious’)
Also, she doesn’t appear to understand what an advert is.

• Heart
In some ways I agree that Callie isn’t as bad as the others: I don’t really mind her as a person. But OTOH I think her brand of influence is actually more insidious than her counterparts like Bethany Rutter and Danielle Vanier. I followed them in the really early days of plus size blogging and although I admired their style back then I knew I couldn’t aspire to their look because they were so clearly buying it with huge allowances from their parents while loafing around or studying. Callie is obviously from a far more normal background and is thus supposedly more relatable but for a few years now she’s been selling super luxe holidays and quite expensive clothing (I consider Anthropologie expensive, anyway). Hers is the kind of stuff which really encourages people to get into debt to live this life that someone “just like them” is experiencing, without being absolutely up front that it’s for free and indeed sometimes paid.

There’ve been so many times in my life where I’ve felt “less than” because I’ve never been to the Americas or Asia, or because I don’t have expensive stuff in my flat, or own the latest smock they’re all shilling. Tattle can be really bleeping mean, but it’s also so grounding to realise that this isn’t normal. Life and growing up is so bleeping hard as it is without nepotistic publishing contracts (looking at you, BR), M&S shoe collections and ocean villas on stilts making you feel like a failure.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah, your points are really good to be honest. I mean I really hate influencer culture and the way it monetises on everything. I just think that in the grand scheme of things she’s isn’t as bad as some of her competitors and that since influencer culture is not going anywhere anytime soon.. to have body diversity is kind of important. Even if she is trying to cash in on everything.
😫 sweetie I don’t know where to start or end. It doesn’t matter that she’s a “minority” she is still the problem. It’s not liberating being sold tit by someone who slightly resembles the average woman more, it would be liberating to NOT be sold tit full stop.

She doesn’t even declare her ads ffs? Like you’re here defending her but she can’t even be fucked to abide by ASA regulations that were put in place to safeguard you, the consumer. Have fun with it tbh, there’s a rave section you can go post in. And I say this as someone that used to really like Callie and tbh still really likes Danielle, I don’t post personal shaming comments but will speak out on this bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's the level of pretentiousness that gets me.

She's a normal girl at the end of the day and I actually do think if I met her in person she would be lovely. It's the false, posh, poncey lifestlye that is not only shown to us but also SOLD to us.

It's not real and Callie hasn't always been like this!

Like just have some potato waffles and chicken dippers for tea Cal! It's not all about a pomegranate salad with organic kale from a farmers market with something #gifted for pud 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know this is super petty but do her eyebrows annoy anyone else? I have really fine light eyebrows so I am partial to a strong brow but they just look wild?! Anyone else or just me?

I know this is super petty but do her eyebrows annoy anyone else? I have really fine light eyebrows so I am partial to a strong brow but they just look wild?! Anyone else or just me?
Yes they do! I like thick brows but they need tidying up desperately, they make her look so unkempt. She needs to get a real job, sitting on her arse all day trying to sell the fake dream to us isn’t doing her any favours...

Reactions: 3