Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That burnt orange dress looks horrendous- sorry Cal hun!
I thought the same! She looked like she had no bra on?
I'm also struggling with her hypocrisy...this whole confidence corner thing that she claims to be part of ...it seems to me she rides on Lauren's coat tails. She has contributed nothing throughout the whole of lockdown that could be classed as positive... Lauren however has posted loads, although the pouting and pointing to words thing is starting to become repetitive and boring now, but at least she has done something!

Her and Lauren both need to step away from that horrific orange lipstick 😖

Reactions: 5
🙄 if you’re bigger, you get hotter quicker and sweat more. It’s scientifically proven.
Can confirm this is Accurate. I’ve been on both ends and where I live our summers are INTENSE and I didn’t feel it nowhere near as bad as I have when I was much larger

🙄 if you’re bigger, you get hotter quicker and sweat more. It’s scientifically proven.
I mean, I just looked and I can't find any peer-reviewed medical journals talking about the correlation between body fat and how we perceive heat. I did find one linking obesity to a lower core temperature, but that would fly directly in the face of your "sweaty fatty" narrative.

Also found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2866597/ - surprise surprise, being fat causes societal discrimination.

I get that Tattle is a place for bitching and calling out, and I understand that when influencers put themselves in the public eye they're open to scrutiny, and Callie does deserve scrutiny. Her ads are poorly marked, she whines about her incredibly privileged life with little regard for real life struggles and she isn't always open about the realities of, say, travelling when fat.

But equally I don't understand why, when plus size influencers are clearly followed by mostly plus size people, posters come on here say crappy things about weight and expect ass pats. There are plenty of thin influencers and fitness bloggers out there to follow who won't offend your eyes and delicate sensibilities so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Can confirm this is Accurate. I’ve been on both ends and where I live our summers are INTENSE and I didn’t feel it nowhere near as bad as I have when I was much larger
Exactly. I’m speaking from experience too. Years ago I’d have sweaty legs on the tube because I was big, now I don’t get this.

Reactions: 1
Not sure that’s true. My husband is slim, tall and fit and he absolutely melts in the heat, sweats profusely and generally hates the heatwave more than me and I am a bit of a fatty tbh.

Also anecdotal evidence does not count as ‘scientifically proven’. I include myself in that.

Reactions: 6
Not sure that’s true. My husband is slim, tall and fit and he absolutely melts in the heat, sweats profusely and generally hates the heatwave more than me and I am a bit of a fatty tbh.
Same. Me (obese) and boyfriend (very athletic) went for a run yesterday and we were both a mess, obviously, but he was much more of a baby about it 😂.

He's also just generally a more hot and sweaty person, I tend to feel the cold and take a long time to get warm.

But why let either science or anecdotal evidence get in the way of people loathing fat women just for existing, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Also anecdotal evidence does not count as ‘scientifically proven’. I include myself in that.
Tbh I’m pretty big and I don’t do well in the heat but reading this reminded me that my friend gets so sweaty that when he teaches a gym class they have to mop around him during it 😂 he has honestly 0 body fat ! I can do the same gym class and while I’m pretty sweaty I’m not trip hazard sweaty 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Cool. But is it actually hot or is she hot because she’s fat? Because as far as I can tell EVERYONE is hot. Losing a few stone isn’t going to stop it being 30 degrees. Say you hate fat people and leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Cool. But is it actually hot or is she hot because she’s fat? Because as far as I can tell EVERYONE is hot. Losing a few stone isn’t going to stop it being 30 degrees. Say you hate fat people and leave.
Exactly!! It’s too hot to argue the toss. It’s 32 where I am 🥵🥵🥵

Reactions: 2
Tbh she’s more likely sweltering as they’re in a relatively new build flat and they’re always horribly over insulated w tit air circulation. If they sat in the garden in the shade they’d have had better luck, don’t they even have a hot tub?! Must have been whinging for free air con tbh 😬

She has a garden as well as two hammocks and a hot tub .. and a freezer ful of freebie icecream!! ...luckier than most I would say but of course when your main goal in life currently is to beg for freebies of course she is hinting at air con ! 🙄

Reactions: 10
I'm fat and I agree it is worse. The reason? I have more creases and folds for sweat to pool sorry if thats tmi lol 😆

Reactions: 3