Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is when it boils down to it, being overweight is a massive risk when contacting Covid-19, yes there are other things that are risk factors such as some illnesses, age etc but nothing can be done about them. The government can't start a campaign telling people not to grow old but they can encourage weight loss. Now don't get me wrong, I do think they are going about it all the wrong way but people can't argue against scientific evidence.

Reactions: 5
I find it interesting that she has suddenly decided to resurface now having not contributed anything body positive wise for months...and hasn't she removed body positive ambassador her Instagram bio ?

I actually think she’s about to tell us that she’s dieting, or at least going to throw the idea out there and see how it lands. Saying that they’re going to try to take the shame away from people who are trying to lose weight within the plus size community is just SUCH a turnaround from last year when she was fully on the anti-diet team.

Reactions: 3
I find it interesting that she has suddenly decided to resurface now having not contributed anything body positive wise for months...and hasn't she removed body positive ambassador her Instagram bio ?
i think she’s trying to rebrand herself but hasn’t quite find her new niche.

Reactions: 4
I think she's a raving hypocrite and is the last person I would ever listen to in regards to book, weightloss, lifestyle and/or any other band wagon she cares to jump on

Reactions: 6
Callie certainly needs professional help when
It comes to food, eating habits, her body and any potential change to any of these related behaviours. She acts like she has her situation down pat but then flips and flops between highs and lows of existing in a fat body.

There’s no shame in getting help but the issue is her current audience (for the majority) are plus size and follow her for that reason. I think she’s fearful of alienating her audience if she was to state she wants to - and is!!!- actively trying to lose weight.

She is lazy and probably lacks of motivation. I know it can be difficult to loose weight, especially if you aren't totally determined and you have a long path ahead. I understand that. Moreover Dan&I seems to like her as she is. She probably should lose some weight for health concerns. But I don't think she's afraid of losing her audience at all. She would find (or try to) another niche. She just doesn't care unless she's concerned. It's all about her.

Reactions: 1
Imo she's already defected from the body positive cohort...all the confidence corner stuff recently has been curvy roamer, who fyi has posted all through lockdown positive stuff, unlike Callie who has only surfaced to beg for something or to flog something !

Today's contribution seems forced and half hearted to me ...

Reactions: 4
I actually think she’s about to tell us that she’s dieting, or at least going to throw the idea out there and see how it lands. Saying that they’re going to try to take the shame away from people who are trying to lose weight within the plus size community is just SUCH a turnaround from last year when she was fully on the anti-diet team.
agree.
It seems to me she’s saying 2 things
1) it’s not my fault I’m fat, I’m a victim
2) but I don’t want anyone commenting if I try to lose weight- body autonomy

but love, The only way to lose weight is to move beyond being a victim and accept that your overeating is because of underlying emotional or psychological issues. If you decide to work on that, while realising weight loss is calories in versus calories out, you’ll be on your way to a healthier future.

what I think has happened, she can’t fit her clothes, she and dan are together 24/7 and she isn’t pregnant ( per her raining the topic 18 months ago that they were thinking about it), and she likely would like to be trimmer.

and her banging in about a food desert- I think we’ve only seen a food flood around her way, the irony must be lost on her. She is privileged enough that those valid points about poor people don’t apply when you’re an influencer

• Heart
Until I see her calling out her mates or peers for shaming plus size people who want to lose weight then I all bullshit. She wasn't interested in body autonomy when the likes of Bethany Rutter are shaming people on public platforms for losing weight...because apparently everyone who wants to is brainwashed

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An aside, but Bethany Rutter once told me (and others, I’m aware) that we couldn’t continue to be friends online if I was willing to publicly state that I was on a diet as I would be effectively saying that I would rather starve myself than look like her. And yet, she’s constantly on one fitness craze or another and trying to pretend it’s not about how she looks. I can’t imagine that she or any of that group would be accepting of a ‘lifestyle change’ from Callie. She’s not interesting or popular enough for them to pretend anymore either.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She needs to start believing their is more to her than just her weight. Difficult as that’s how she’s sold herself for the last few years. This is the reason she’s wanting to diversify, talking about weight loss on Instagram is just opening a can of worms and there are many other PS influencers that are against weight loss they will shoot her down and it seems she’s not strong enough for the confrontation.

Another PS influencer Poppy Adams has just announced she's having weight loss surgery.
I’ve just read her page , never heard of her before. She says she’s struggling health wise, hence the decision.

Losing weight is not easy. I have lost a lot of weight myself. You need to be committed and want to actually do it. I don’t think CALLIE has it in her to even bother to begin which is why she keeps fooling herself that she is happy. She doesn’t look happy.

she lives near so many parks and green areas, she could start by just walking. When I lost weight, I did an hour in the gym a day including showering time and I lost 4 stone within five months, I didn’t make MASSIVE changes to my diet but at the size she is (she is a lot bigger now than I was at my biggest) it is clear she isn’t just eating fresh veg from the farmers market. I used to eat way too much, for lunch I would have a massive sandwich from Tesco, a 1 quid slab of chocolate and most of a big share bag of crisps. You KNOW when you’re eating too much.

An aside, but Bethany Rutter once told me (and others, I’m aware) that we couldn’t continue to be friends online if I was willing to publicly state that I was on a diet as I would be effectively saying that I would rather starve myself than look like her. And yet, she’s constantly on one fitness craze or another and trying to pretend it’s not about how she looks. I can’t imagine that she or any of that group would be accepting of a ‘lifestyle change’ from Callie. She’s not interesting or popular enough for them to pretend anymore either.
This is actually disgusting. Another persons weight or body has no bearing on another persons. She is obviously not as body confident as she would like to lead people to believe. I agree, in regards to Callie, she is not popular enough to get their backing. They are a whole lot of mean girls. People wanting to lose weight does not mean they think larger bodies are disgusting. It is dangerous territory and very mean girls esque. I would just like Callie to be more genuine...to stop jumping on every band wagon that comes a hurtling...and to be upfront and honest. Tell us what she really thinks about her weight and size from her point of view. That i would be interested in hearing.

That is awful, not to mention the fact you can lose weight without starving yourself! But that’s the problem isn’t it, she see’s it as all or nothing. Eat whatever you like with no consequences or compete and total deprivation. When in reality a good diet is somewhere in between.

Losing weight is not easy. I have lost a lot of weight myself. You need to be committed and want to actually do it. I don’t think CALLIE has it in her to even bother to begin which is why she keeps fooling herself that she is happy. She doesn’t look happy.

she lives near so many parks and green areas, she could start by just walking. When I lost weight, I did an hour in the gym a day including showering time and I lost 4 stone within five months, I didn’t make MASSIVE changes to my diet but at the size she is (she is a lot bigger now than I was at my biggest) it is clear she isn’t just eating fresh veg from the farmers market. I used to eat way too much, for lunch I would have a massive sandwich from Tesco, a 1 quid slab of chocolate and most of a big share bag of crisps. You KNOW when you’re eating too much.
That's fantastic! Well done and kudos to you. I can't even manage daily yoga at the moment!

Reactions: 1
That's fantastic! Well done and kudos to you. I can't even manage daily yoga at the moment!

Don't be too hard on yourself, we are in the middle of a global pandemic and people have other more pressing things to worry about than losing weight. I lost this weight when nobody had even heard of corona, you could go to gym willy nilly, and queuing to get into Tesco was something nobody would entertain.

I said I would do yoga when lockdown began and I haven't been able to even do that. I have a spinning bike at home and I do that three times a week (not the intense proper spin, I kind of do HIIT on it).

B Rutter is insufferable and the clothes she designs are seldom good. And as for calling herself the arched eyebrow..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is actually disgusting. Another persons weight or body has no bearing on another persons. She is obviously not as body confident as she would like to lead people to believe. I agree, in regards to Callie, she is not popular enough to get their backing. They are a whole lot of mean girls. People wanting to lose weight does not mean they think larger bodies are disgusting. It is dangerous territory and very mean girls esque. I would just like Callie to be more genuine...to stop jumping on every band wagon that comes a hurtling...and to be upfront and honest. Tell us what she really thinks about her weight and size from her point of view. That i would be interested in hearing.
Oh wow. A lot to unpack.

See I can 100% understand this when it's coming from straight sized friends who complain about being fat and hating themselves in front of 'fat friends' as it's like, well what must you think of *plus size friend*? But if you're at a stage in life where you want to lose weight to benefit your *well being* (whether it's chances at conception or joint health or whatever) then I don't see how that's anyone else's business but your own? And to have a 'friend' disown you for it is disgusting?! Don't get me wrong no one likes hearing about dieting it's boring af so obviously keep the inane myfitnesspal chitchat to yourself, but outside of that it really reads as flaring up her insecurities more than anything on a larger political scale.

I found it really odd when she went from being polyamorous and talking about that a lot on Twitter to suddenly marrying someone and being quite evangelical about that?

• Haha