Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats crazy to me, you would think it would have a big budget. I'm on a sub reddit full of yanks and they love it.
Sorry, I was being facetious. I’m in a fb group and it’s the same, I think people love the nostalgia. You get questions popping up like ‘what’s a shandy?’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What was it they didn’t like about the Irish student? - I only saw the second part
Not listening to mothers, she saw a nervous woman and told her she'd be better in hospital. It didn't go down well with anyone. Then she answered sister Js question wrong in a lesson. When she turned up with those other nuns they knew the score and palmed her off on them. She'll probably get into all sorts of mishaps.

Reactions: 3
What was it they didn’t like about the Irish student? - I only saw the second part
Ah she talked way too much and was generally annoying.

Side note: Why does every Irish character have to have a completely over the top Irish accent like something out of Darby O'Gill.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hope nothing happens to Lucille & Cyril I want them to get married and live happily.
I find Cyril so under utilised. Chummy's husband (PC Noakes) and Barbara's husband (Tom) were both involved in the storylines but all Cyril seems to do is mend cars by the roadside. He feels more like an extra rather than a main character.

Reactions: 10
I would LOVE to see more of Angela and mae, I think the adoption was a lovely storyline that was rather put to the side. They keep shoving Dr Turner in due to his connections, but I would rather see Sheila and the kids than him! I do think Tim wanting to go to medical school will become a storyline - if not, why mention it?
I would love to see trixie married or get a happy ending.
Also if you’re an avid fan & rewatched of the series, help me out ( as I also am!) I can NEVER understand the chummy disappearance? It was always like she was due back and she never reappeared!
Also the young nurse who ended up in psychiatric care, i understand she left the order and got proper care but would love to see a conclusion to her storyline

Reactions: 9
Yea I’m wondering if Timothy won’t get in to medical school? All that mentioning of him reading the lancet when he was tiny and basically being guaranteed to get in is setting it up for him being declined a place. Can you imagine Dr Turners face if that happened?! Stephen McGann would really have to dig deep on his acting skills for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yea I’m wondering if Timothy won’t get in to medical school? All that mentioning of him reading the lancet when he was tiny and basically being guaranteed to get in is setting it up for him being declined a place. Can you imagine Dr Turners face if that happened?! Stephen McGann would really have to dig deep on his acting skills for that.
where's he gone now then? he hasn't been in this series yet has he? (I haven't watched the latest one yet though). Considering so much work and resource goes into the series they do seem to overlook some easy stuff.

I've always wondered who looks after Dr Turner's kids while he and Shelagh are out saving the world?

• Haha
where's he gone now then? he hasn't been in this series yet has he? (I haven't watched the latest one yet though). Considering so much work and resource goes into the series they do seem to overlook some easy stuff.

I've always wondered who looks after Dr Turner's kids while he and Shelagh are out saving the world?
He was in boarding school for the last season. In this series latest episode he had a chat with Shelagh and it seemed like he was hoping to get in this year. I just looked it up because it was annoying me I couldn’t remember- This episode he said he has finished his A Levels now and been given a place in medical school, just needs the right results from the exams to get in.

Reactions: 2
So only just realised where I recognised the girl in the Voxi advert from... It’s Sister Frances. Must have been the hair that threw me!

• Wow
  • Haha
I might be wrong as I was born in the 90’s and can only really go off programmes and stories I’ve heard but I couldn’t help compare the attitudes of his family & Doctor Turner to what was shown in It’s a Sin. Considering it was still illegal back then are we really supposed to believe they’d be so understanding and compassionate in the sixties.
Drama set in the 1950's and 1960's but yet injected with present-day social attitudes. It's becoming a bit woke and virtue signalling. It might end up being a victim of its own success.

Nancy is one of the Cusack acting family. Nepotism as usual.
She's the niece of Sinéad Cusack who was in the South Africa Christmas special. It's not what you know ......

Last edited:
So only just realised where I recognised the girl in the Voxi advert from... It’s Sister Frances. Must have been the hair that threw me!
I wouldn’t have recognised her if you hadn’t said who it was. Like when I first saw Sister Winifred/Victoria Yeates with her hair down, it was very well hidden in her habit!

I wouldn’t have recognised her if you hadn’t said who it was. Like when I first saw Sister Winifred/Victoria Yeates with her hair down, it was very well hidden in her habit!
I think it was her voice and eyes that made me think I knew her from somewhere.

Reactions: 1
Do you remember when Phyllis had a wee go at being an acrobat? She's a man magnet too.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe he’ll become a nurse. Dr T very kindly said Shelagh’s job is hard in it’s own way (😂) and he’d be very proud of his daughters if they followed her path…

I also want (NEED) more Cyril.

I think it would be more likely that Cyril and SMJ would hook up. Honestly what is the deal with those two?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.