Caitlinandleahh #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who has used a sperm donor, I find this absolutely wild. We spent hours deliberating over donors, thinking about their health/ values / personality traits etc (knowing that our child would be able to have contact with their donor aged 18+). Choosing the donor based on appearance / hair colour / facial features is just so shallow and heteronormative.
How much choice is there? Could they not have done all that and then from their shortlist picked the one with the physical appearance they want as well?

Reactions: 5
As someone who has used a sperm donor, I find this absolutely wild. We spent hours deliberating over donors, thinking about their health/ values / personality traits etc (knowing that our child would be able to have contact with their donor aged 18+). Choosing the donor based on appearance / hair colour / facial features is just so shallow and heteronormative.
I also think it adds unnecessary risk using two donors like what if one of them is really active in one of their lives when they’re adults and old enough to look for him and the other one is a knob and doesn’t want to know? Won’t make the other sibling feel great! I know it’s far fetched but there’s other reasons why I think it Makes zero sense they didn’t plan on using one donor for all their future kids.

Reactions: 13
literally, my wife & I are a few years off from kids but we’re already thinking about the type of donor, researching donor conceived voices, researching sperm banks, thinking of known donor potentials… and we certainly couldn’t imagine having different donors!

I had the fantastic luck of being rhesus and cmv negative so had a grand total of 5 to choose from.

Reactions: 1
Anyone watched their YouTube videos where they vote on girl and boy names they like? For someone called “Caitlin” I wouldn’t have been as vocal as she was….I get we have our personal preferences but remember there are people with these names watching your channel. Also if I was her management team I would have told her to stop saying “common” and change it to “too popular”. Which is ironic as her favourite girl name is Willow. Also her reaction to Leah when Leah liked the names Lily and Mia “but they’d be named after you” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Anyone watched their YouTube videos where they vote on girl and boy names they like? For someone called “Caitlin” I wouldn’t have been as vocal as she was….I get we have our personal preferences but remember there are people with these names watching your channel. Also if I was her management team I would have told her to stop saying “common” and change it to “too popular”. Which is ironic as her favourite girl name is Willow. Also her reaction to Leah when Leah liked the names Lily and Mia “but they’d be named after you” 🙄
You could actually see the disappointment in Leah’s face. Why would it be so bad to have a little girl with as similar name to her mother? 🤔 Because it’s not her name? Caitlin sounds so controlling

Reactions: 10
You could actually see the disappointment in Leah’s face. Why would it be so bad to have a little girl with as similar name to her mother? 🤔 Because it’s not her name? Caitlin sounds so controlling
I agree she’s controlling but on this I can see why she wouldn’t want a girl with a similar name to Leah to be honest. There’s a lot of idiots asking “So who’s the real mother” when it’s a lesbian couple and giving a name similar to Leah is one way to guarantee people will make assumptions about that daily.

Reactions: 7
I haven’t watched the video but her saying Toby is a dog name (I agree with that) but I also think Willow is a dog name

Tbh, if someone called Lily said their Mums name was Leah I wouldn't even think they were similar at all 😂

Reactions: 29
I had to laugh at that video as well, Caitlin saying that certain names were too common but her favs are Willow Ava and Isla? Two of them are literally in the top 5 in the UK and Willow isn’t far behind!
IMG_6203.png

P.s Obviously names being popular isn’t a bad thing, just found it funny because I think she thinks those names are way rarer than they are.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand the donors being different too. I know family is who you choose etc but their babies have literally no familial connection at all, different mums and different dads too, if I had to use a sperm donor because I was in a same sex couple I would 1000% want my children to at least have one parent in common, either the same mums eggs or same sperm donor, so they would be able to grow up with similarities.. like me and my brothers (we have the same mum and dad but it still relates) we all look similar, all have similar characteristics, and now I’ve gone on to have children, my babys look like my brothers and my nephews and niece, it’s lovely to have that recognition.. they will never have that! Unless they find their bio dads and their other children. It could really affect them. I know sometimes things don’t always work out but they just seemed to have rushed into everything and not actually logically thought about it

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The different donors doesn’t really seem that big of a deal to me? Biological relation isn’t the most important relation, plenty of families have adopted children who have different mums and dads or blended with step children and they’re just as much siblings and a family as people with biological links.

And biology is funny, I know fully related families where the siblings look absolutely nothing like each other, there’s never a guarantee.

Reactions: 11
The different donors doesn’t really seem that big of a deal to me? Biological relation isn’t the most important relation, plenty of families have adopted children who have different mums and dads or blended with step children and they’re just as much siblings and a family as people with biological links.

And biology is funny, I know fully related families where the siblings look absolutely nothing like each other, there’s never a guarantee.
I get what you’re saying but adopted children and step children is slightly different then actively choosing for your two children to have no genetic link to each other. Like why would you NOT want that?

Reactions: 9
I get what you’re saying but adopted children and step children is slightly different then actively choosing for your two children to have no genetic link to each other. Like why would you NOT want that?

It sounds like they did, they just hadn’t planned ahead enough? It’s always a risk with a donor too, even if you plan ahead and “reserve” the sample most clinics have a disclaimer that says the donor can change their mind and withdraw from the program at any point, it can go wrong if there are unexpected multiples before your second “turn” as a lot do it based on births and that’s without the risk of mix up etc that seem to be increasingly being discovered. I just don’t think it’s a massive deal in the scheme of things, the obsession some people have with biology is ridiculous to me.

Reactions: 7
It sounds like they did, they just hadn’t planned ahead enough? It’s always a risk with a donor too, even if you plan ahead and “reserve” the sample most clinics have a disclaimer that says the donor can change their mind and withdraw from the program at any point, it can go wrong if there are unexpected multiples before your second “turn” as a lot do it based on births and that’s without the risk of mix up etc that seem to be increasingly being discovered. I just don’t think it’s a massive deal in the scheme of things, the obsession some people have with biology is ridiculous to me.
I thought this too which of course wouldn’t be their fault however some people on here have said that their plan was always to use two different donors, one with Caitlin’s physical characteristics and one with Leah’s.

Reactions: 8
I thought this too which of course wouldn’t be their fault however some people on here have said that their plan was always to use two different donors, one with Caitlin’s physical characteristics and one with Leah’s.
I don’t think anyone knows and they’ve probably said 57 different things knowing them but in the video I saw they said that the donor they used originally had reached their quota so couldn’t do any more and so in that situation they decided to get one with physical characteristics resembling the other parent.

Reactions: 3
It sounds like they did, they just hadn’t planned ahead enough?
They just wanted to have a baby for their content LARPing as a happy family. They monetised all their “journey” with no actual thought to how the 2 actual human lives they’ve created will feel in 5/10/20 etc years time.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.