Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is such an idiotic thing to say in so many ways. I don’t know any feminists who say every man is a rapist: the point is rather that you can’t tell who could be one and that many are never even suspected.

She wants it both ways, to be a feminist and to always appeal to men. ‘I’m not like other feminists…!’

The beautiful irony is that she fails at both. Badly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I remember thinking I had not written a book at 15 so I was a failure after she did that. i thought she was proper working class but her parents were middle class bohos who didn’t work. Her father had arthritis I think. I always found it a bit chilling when she said somewhere (can’t find the ref but I remember this) that her mother loved babies but then was less interested so she and her next sister had to raise the kids while her mum had another baby, and she would have had more than 8 if she could.
I know right? But I also remember her being feted as the voice of a generation/wunderkid and that not marrying up with what I saw, if anything it was sort of embarrassing that “the grown ups” thought that’s what we were like.

If she was capable of objectivity and actually honest, there might be some really interesting reflections in her upbringing. Her dad was on the sick but played in a band most nights. Her mum kept popping out babies. The kids were allowed to just sack off school.

Reactions: 17
If she was capable of objectivity and actually honest, there might be some really interesting reflections in her upbringing. Her dad was on the sick but played in a band most nights. Her mum kept popping out babies. The kids were allowed to just sack off school.
I saw her interviewed on telly once (can’t remember who by) and the subject of her parents not working and having lots of children came up and she said as she and her siblings had all become successful adults and were paying into the system it made it ok. I think her parents sound awful, what if we all had 8 children, didn’t work and let our children bunk off school?

Reactions: 11
I saw her interviewed on telly once (can’t remember who by) and the subject of her parents not working and having lots of children came up and she said as she and her siblings had all become successful adults and were paying into the system it made it ok. I think her parents sound awful, what if we all had 8 children, didn’t work and let our children bunk off school?
As usual, being on the sick, having the state fund your large family and living a chaotic lifestyle in which the kids don’t always go to school is something that a genuinely working class family would be monstered for.

Edit: And the kids in question would also have a harder time making a success of themselves as adults if they were genuinely working class too. Working class family my arse 😄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
As usual, being on the sick, having the state fund your large family and living a chaotic lifestyle in which the kids don’t always go to school is something that a genuinely working class family would be monstered for.

Edit: And the kids in question would also have a harder time making a success of themselves as adults if they were genuinely working class too. Working class family my arse 😄
So so true.

Weird too that her dad was a musician, and yet she happened to get her career start working on a music paper... 🤔

Reactions: 12
No doubt Caitlin will claim these are all people who haven’t read her article properly 🙄
Good comment about her being friends with the hideous Eric Joyce, India Knight's revolting partner. Would she have staked her life on him not being a p*edophile?
I read the rest of the article and she made some good points (shock), but then to clunk in with that ridiculous offensive statement 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I know she’s really bought into the “we learn when we want, they all did exams at college and got into uni” which is fine. But it doesn’t seem to be a calculated choice, more an absence of parenting. And also fine if you’re clever.

Reactions: 8
Good comment about her being friends with the hideous Eric Joyce, India Knight's revolting partner. Would she have staked her life on him not being a p*edophile?
I read the rest of the article and she made some good points (shock), but then to clunk in with that ridiculous offensive statement 🤦‍♀️
I didn’t know about Joyce! Jesus, these creeps pop up everywhere 😬

Reactions: 9
I didn’t know about Joyce! Jesus, these creeps pop up everywhere 😬
He also allegedly had a sexual affair with a 17 year old Labour volunteer in his 30s/40s? And was convicted of hitting/assaulting a 15 year old in a shop, think he was drunk.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
That is the weakest, most dick-pandering take imaginable.

Well done Caitlin - you’ve told us all that Not All Men Are Like That.
Not All Men Are Predators - but the thing is, All Women Are Prey. It is pure dick-pandering to see this from the outraged falsely accused man's perspective, and not the woman hoping a man will take no for an answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
He also allegedly had a sexual affair with a 17 year old Labour volunteer in his 30s/40s? And was convicted of hitting/assaulting a 15 year old in a shop, think he was drunk.
Eep, that’s pretty grim! I’m amazed she chose to stay with someone like that…and that it doesn’t seem to have had any impact on her career.

It’s not her fault he’s like that, but I do look askance on anyone who knows someone is a predator but continues to champion them.

Reactions: 7
Eep, that’s pretty grim! I’m amazed she chose to stay with someone like that…and that it doesn’t seem to have had any impact on her career.

It’s not her fault he’s like that, but I do look askance on anyone who knows someone is a predator but continues to champion them.
And chose to stay with him over keeping custody of her daughter, who went to live with her father.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Erm her mum is married to the owner of the paper she writes for (or something, she’s pretty much a nepo baby) India stood by her man, and her teenage daughter (disabled?) went to live with her dad, what with Joyce being a convicted viewer of child abuse.
I feel like India had a thread but it’s slow.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Eep, that’s pretty grim! I’m amazed she chose to stay with someone like that…
Even worse - her support of him (and I think statement) kept him out of prison - the judge actually said that. Grim stuff.
But of course Caitlin doesn't know any abusive men.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
And chose to stay with him over keeping custody of her daughter, who went to live with her father.
It’s so weird, because presumably it’d be easy enough for her to find someone else, given her status- what’s so different about him? And you’d think even just as regards preserving her reputation she would think twice about being associated with him. Her poor kid…

I kind of wonder if there’s some sort of partner abuse going on, but then again she could also just be gormless and selfish.

It’s so weird, because presumably it’d be easy enough for her to find someone else, given her status- what’s so different about him? And you’d think even just as regards preserving her reputation she would think twice about being associated with him. Her poor kid…

I kind of wonder if there’s some sort of partner abuse going on, but then again she could also just be gormless and selfish.
I think she's just vapid and selfish. There is a thread on her, @HotesTilaire and it is slow, because where can you go from pedalo-loving bloated nepobaby writing clearly useless beauty advice?

• Heart
Even worse - her support of him (and I think statement) kept him out of prison - the judge actually said that. Grim stuff.
But of course Caitlin doesn't know any abusive men.
Well he hasn’t raped anyone AFAIK so she’s right/s 🙃 and any other “that was sarcasm” indicators

I think she's just vapid and selfish. There is a thread on her, @HotesTilaire and it is slow, because where can you go from pedalo-loving bloated nepobaby writing clearly useless beauty advice?
It makes me think about just how bad the UK media is, in that the quality of investigative journalism is horribly poor and it’s mainly just nepotistic favoritism, corporate conglomerates and arse-licking. Whereas traditionally it was actually once a viable way for working-class people to get into writing. (And to create some sort of social change- the exact opposite of what Murdoch et al want )

Apparently according to MN Knight was actually given a new column earlier this year, so not only was she not punished, she was actually given MORE work!

Even at a relatively benign level you get morons like Adrian Chiles wedged in at the Guardian on account of him shagging that hopeless editor.

• Heart
  • Sad