Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s obvious to everyone outside north London media she is out of ideas. Her ‘man’ book was crowdsourced on Twitter. She’s a very well paid Jack Monroe who has kept her unpleasant side better hidden and can meet a deadline. I am stunned she is still paid so much for such lazy writing which is only ever about herself. She is self-obsessed to the point of parody and has no real interest in other people. All her interviews end up being about her eventually; as in how the other person relates to her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
It’s obvious to everyone outside north London media she is out of ideas. Her ‘man’ book was crowdsourced on Twitter. She’s a very well paid Jack Monroe who has kept her unpleasant side better hidden and can meet a deadline. I am stunned she is still paid so much for such lazy writing which is only ever about herself. She is self-obsessed to the point of parody and has no real interest in other people. All her interviews end up being about her eventually; as in how the other person relates to her.
It's so true. She's good at the light comic stuff but the 🤪 persona has got really awkward with age and she can't handle the big topics at all. Grace Dent is a good example of how to progress beyond being funny about telly in the Guardian/being the queen of Twitter to having a proper niche (food)and career in broadcasting, writing and journalism. 🤪 cannot move beyond herself at all.

Reactions: 18
It's so true. She's good at the light comic stuff but the 🤪 persona has got really awkward with age and she can't handle the big topics at all. Grace Dent is a good example of how to progress beyond being funny about telly in the Guardian/being the queen of Twitter to having a proper niche (food)and career in broadcasting, writing and journalism. 🤪 cannot move beyond herself at all.
I find interesting people are always interested in other people too. But Moran doesn't care about anyone's else's thoughts or experiences, while expecting them to be agog at her vagina. That masturbation and period on the couch stuff is just vile. There's a line between not being embarrassed about masturbation and menstruation, and making everyone else embarrassed to listen to you go on and on about them. Is she in training to be the next Miriam Margolyes on the Graham Norton show or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I also find the Jeff Buckley story extremely tawdry. Maybe it's because he passed away so young and before he really made it big and not much was known about him

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I also find the Jeff Buckley story extremely tawdry. Maybe it's because he passed away so young and before he really made it big and not much was known about him
Yes, I looked that up after @Jelly Bean mentioned it. I found an interview from 1994, when Moran would have been 18/19. I almost didn't want to read it, because I was that age then too, and I thought Buckley had the Holy Spirit singing through him. What could she possibly have to say to this divine voice? Oh, right - he makes a general point about the ecstasy of orgasm, and she asks him what sounds he makes when he comes. Leave that angel alone, you skunk-haired trollop!

Where did she say he tried to hook up with her? In her dreams? Long after he was dead and defenceless, I'm sure.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Yes, I looked that up after @Jelly Bean mentioned it. I found an interview from 1994, when Moran would have been 18/19. I almost didn't want to read it, because I was that age then too, and I thought Buckley had the Holy Spirit singing through him. What could she possibly have to say to this divine voice? Oh, right - he makes a general point about the ecstasy of orgasm, and she asks him what sounds he makes when he comes. Leave that angel alone, you skunk-haired trollop!

Where did she say he tried to hook up with her? In her dreams? Long after he was dead and defenceless, I'm sure.
The Jeff Buckley story was on that Crushed Podcast (with bezzy Sali Hughes) a couple of weeks ago.
She had interviewed him, presumably the one you mention, and was amazed that though he was physically stunning he wasn't aware of his good looks. Moran was surprised at herself because, not being like other girls obviously, she didn't usually find attractive men attractive being so 🤪
Anyway shortly after that he rang her in the night and invited her over 'it was obviously a booty call' and she turned him down as Murder She Wrote was on TV. Then some disrespectful glib bit about 'I thought oh Jeff Buckley he'll keep but then he went and died. So the moral of the story is if Jeff Buckley offers to duck you take him up on it'.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Anyway shortly after that he rang her in the night and invited her over 'it was obviously a booty call' and she turned him down as Murder She Wrote was on TV. Then some disrespectful glib bit about 'I thought oh Jeff Buckley he'll keep but then he went and died. So the moral of the story is if Jeff Buckley offers to duck you take him up on it'.
How convenient that Jeff isn’t around to tell his side of the story…. Next week, how George Michael said he would turn for her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I did more googling, and it seems she lonely drunk-listens to "Lover You Should Have Come Over" so much that she thinks it's about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She has to tell stories through a “what am I like🤪lol” lens to make them “funny”.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Jeff Buckley story was on that Crushed Podcast (with bezzy Sali Hughes) a couple of weeks ago.
She had interviewed him, presumably the one you mention, and was amazed that though he was physically stunning he wasn't aware of his good looks. Moran was surprised at herself because, not being like other girls obviously, she didn't usually find attractive men attractive being so 🤪
Omg that is so CRINGE and obviously not true. Jeff Buckley would surely by turning in his grave !

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can believe he called her. He would know she’s in town alone after theit interview. No evidence it was what we now call a “booty call” apart from Caitlin believing it must be. He also drank and took drugs, he might just have been high and bored.

Reactions: 10
I feel defiled after reading her writing. She hasn't evolved at all.

Reactions: 9
I feel defiled after reading her writing. She hasn't evolved at all.
It's ghastly isn't it? I don't get how anyone can like it.
Asking Jeff Buckley 'so did you and Liz Cocteau Twin do it?'.

It's baffling how she has had a career out of such self obsessed juvenile piss poor writing tbh.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I'm more convinced than ever she is an inveterate liar.
Just a small example of her tall tales.

Schoolgirls rushed up to her on a train and shouted 'Omg we really love you, we've formed a masturbation club after reading How to be a Woman. We sit and masturbate'.
Jeff Buckley rang her up in the middle of the night for a booty call but she turned him down as Murder She Wrote was on.
She menstruated on Benedict Cumberbatch's parent's white sofa whilst interviewing him leaving an imprint of her vagina. She distracted him and turned over the sofa cushion.

Genuinely how can anyone take this buffoon seriously?
You forgot that she’s also responsible for the death of Kurt Cobain because she was the last person to interview Courtney Love before he died (or something).

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Oh ffs. Kurt Cobain likely died on her 19th birthday. Except he wasn't found until a number of days later, so whatever she is saying happened, never happened.
Obvious BSer is obvious :rolleyes:
Imagine riding the coattails of someone else's tragic death for what, kudos? Clicks? Grim.

• Sad
Reactions: 17