Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Sideboard Bob for thread title and @CocoCottesmore for nominating.
(Last thread was three years old 😂 so some of the older thread titles nominations were *slightly* out of date).

Latest news. She's written a book about men which seems to focus on their genitals 🤪

Screenshot_20230625_033452.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
To recap your closing question, JB, What the bleeping hell is wrong with her I propose a three point, synergistic answer as follows:

1) Grandiose narcissism
2) the mistaken belief that she's got where is entirely due to her own innate talent and hard work instead of a combination of felicitous timing and marrying actual talent and
3) Cocaine

Other than the fact that at least three of the bougie free-range spa-cows butchers/organic non-shadow-casting veggie stores where she lives sell a very expensive range of Colombian's most lucrative export under the counter, and the Dunning Kruger klaxon that goes off every time she opens her vile mouth, I have NO evidence for #3 whatsoever.

It would certainly explain things though, not least of all the permanently badly bleached/dyed "highlights" meant to make her face look less wide.
---
In the spirit of the recap here is the bit of her inane article that irked me and resulted in the previous comment from JB:

Fear of death
Well, this is a very basic fear, and I totally get it. But if there is to be a male feminism, this would be a good issue to have as a primary campaign: a putative “GOOD NEWS, MEN — MEDICINE CAN SAVE YOU!” message. It feels very different for women. It seems like half the women I know of my age have triumphed over serious illness.

We almost have “survive breast cancer” on our To-Do Lists around the age of 50. Within ten minutes of feeling a lump, we’ve booked into the doctors and googled “sexy chemo wig”. We’re ready

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
We almost have “survive breast cancer” on our To-Do Lists around the age of 50. Within ten minutes of feeling a lump, we’ve booked into the doctors and googled “sexy chemo wig”. We’re ready
I mean good for her if she looks at things like that, but I can imagine a lot of people really don't.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
She’s just so clumsy with the way she writes. And clearly writes from an incredibly privileged position, which is fine of itself, but there’s no awareness of the fact, which is a problem.

also “male feminism” makes no bleeping sense. Feminism is feminism and would benefit everyone.

she’s meant to be the leading feminist of my generation?!

Reactions: 26
Someone told me that her streaks (in her hair) are clip ons. I don't know if that's true or if they were winding me up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Someone told me that her streaks (in her hair) are clip ons. I don't know if that's true or if they were winding me up.
It doesn't look like they are, but I suppose it might be hard to tell. I don't mind her hair though, actually, it looks kind of cool in a quirky way. Might be better if she didn't talk such shite though.

Reactions: 9
Caitlin: I have never, and do not know anyone else either, who has used mashed potato to demonstrate their vaginal blood clots. What a pile of horseshit, everything she writes she just seems such a 'pick me'. 'I'm so quirky,funny, relatable, and I INVENTED WOMEN WANKING.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I was idly flicking though the photographs of Beanie Feldstein’s gorgeous wedding and lo there was Moran giving a speech looking as though she’d just fixed the engine of a tractor.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
also “male feminism” makes no bleeping sense. Feminism is feminism and would benefit everyone.

she’s meant to be the leading feminist of my generation?!
This was posted very early on in the previous thread. I guess this book on men was always on her horizon.

Screenshot_20230625_032505.jpg

(And yes in a video with Sali Hughes she showed her drawer of clip in grey hair pieces 😂 She reckoned if she didn't have them in she could go incognito).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
As a person who entered but did not win that Times competition she won her career from, I am mildly bitter but also glad I didn't win if this is what it does to you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
This was posted very early on in the previous thread. I guess this book on men was always on her horizon.

View attachment 2264358

(And yes in a video with Sali Hughes she showed her drawer of clip in grey hair pieces 😂 She reckoned if she didn't have them in she could go incognito).
I don't understand how they're so frizzy if they're clip ins? Not being bitchy at all, as a bleacher I suffer from The Frizz if I'm not careful so no judgement, it just seems entirely unnecessary if you can literally pop them out to look after them?!

Reactions: 5
I don't think the hair makes her look quirky or cool, it makes her look like someone who is trying too hard to be quirky or cool and is therefore a total melt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I was chatting to a bloke who said that back when she was touted as this "fresh talent" her industry nickname was Caitlin Moron.

Basic, yes. Mean, yes. Funny, yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Anyone tempted to sign up?
Last time I checked only about 200 people had 🤭

Screenshot_20230701_025553.jpg

And I hope, judging by twitter comments I've seen about her new book, it will get slated when officially reviewed.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Her new book sounds horrendous

I have archived some extracts for us

Everything I know about men

Why it’s easier to be a woman than a man

What I love about men? Protective, brave — a bit like dogs
---
One more:
The trouble with midlife men (it’s worse for them)

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16