Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So disrespectful! There was real love there, listen and weep 😩

ETA it's the 'oh god!' right at the end which gets me
Jeff and Liz did actually have a brief affair. But I can't decide if Jeff was being gentlemanly by telling Caitlin they weren't, or horribly dismissive of Liz by saying "it'd be like bleeping my sister"! Maybe the latter.

Reactions: 4
So disrespectful! There was real love there, listen and weep 😩

ETA it's the 'oh god!' right at the end which gets me
I felt a bit guilty listening to this when it surfacesd because I read that Liz Fraser never wanted it to be released - perfectionism, maybe, plus the private memories - but it is just sublime.

Reactions: 7
Jeff and Liz did actually have a brief affair. But I can't decide if Jeff was being gentlemanly by telling Caitlin they weren't, or horribly dismissive of Liz by saying "it'd be like bleeping my sister"! Maybe the latter.
Whatever it was it must have been meaningful- Frazer did a beautiful cover of Song to The Siren, dedicated to Buckley. IMO better than the original. This is my favourite, the live version with less artificial reverb:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The worst thing about Jeff Buckley and Kurt Cobain stories is that “but then he died” (or words to that effect) is used as a punchline.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
The worst thing about Jeff Buckley and Kurt Cobain stories is that “but then he died” (or words to that effect) is used as a punchline.
Yes quite.
'He died LOL 😂'.
Hideously insensitive when someone dies in old age of natural causes anyway - but when they are young and it is a tragic premature death so much more so.

Reactions: 17
There's no way that god was calling up 🤪 for sex....

Her 'lady sex pirate' stage was about 6 months, tops. She's very vague about dates, but she'd met, married and had her kids by the time most people leave uni.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Yes quite.
'He died LOL 😂'.
Hideously insensitive when someone dies in old age of natural causes anyway - but when they are young and it is a tragic premature death so much more so.
It reminds me a bit of that time Elizabeth Wurtzel wrote a rather unfortunate article about shagging David Foster Wallace, published just after he died 😬 although at least Wurtzel was also interesting and genuinely groundbreaking.

Reactions: 3
It reminds me a bit of that time Elizabeth Wurtzel wrote a rather unfortunate article about shagging David Foster Wallace, published just after he died 😬 although at least Wurtzel was also interesting and genuinely groundbreaking.
Also DFW was quite the creep/predator by some accounts.

Reactions: 5
I googled an interview with her this week (going on a CM-Jeff Buckley deep dive) and guess what? She said the same bleeping thing about John Peel!

BE6FC4C4-6C9C-47DC-9EC5-D5AA89C29D41.jpeg

If you can bear to read the whole thing, it’s so obvious she’s going for a men’s magazine ladette vibe, trying too hard to be funny and going on too long about big penises. Plus some really tedious name dropping about all the celebs she knows, and repping her bestie Lauren Laverne’s radio show like they’re not actually besties.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I googled an interview with her this week (going on a CM-Jeff Buckley deep dive) and guess what? She said the same bleeping thing about John Peel!

View attachment 2494942

If you can bear to read the whole thing, it’s so obvious she’s going for a men’s magazine ladette vibe, trying too hard to be funny and going on too long about big penises. Plus some really tedious name dropping about all the celebs she knows, and repping her bestie Lauren Laverne’s radio show like they’re not actually besties.
Omg.
ok, so I like dark humour, but you have to really get it right to pull it off, and she just doesn‘t. Aagin, it’s like what @Jelly Bean said, she just goes, 'He died LOL 😂'.

Reactions: 11
So now I just try and be nice people:
Is she trying and failing yet again to lecture? Or sloppy writing.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure John Peel never gave a single shite about what Caitlin Moran thought about him. Probably barely even knew who she was. Which would be just as well for her, given his form for preying on teenagers. Thumbs up for John Peel though, eh, Caitlin 🤪 (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She got handed the keys to adulthood at 15 when she won that writing competition, and thus probably never felt the need to really grow up since.

She’s also always been a massive snob as I knew people who worked with her on magazines in the 90s. She’d look down on people for their accents, schooling, the music they listened to, and what drinks/ciggies they used to buy. She was in her mid-twenties then, and it was still the same teenage mindset as when she first broke into the mainstream. It was boring then and it’s boring now.

Oh, and that gurning? I wonder if she practises that look in the mirror? If so, she really needs to quit it. She looks like a pensioner who has lost her dentures.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I remember thinking I had not written a book at 15 so I was a failure after she did that. i thought she was proper working class but her parents were middle class bohos who didn’t work. Her father had arthritis I think. I always found it a bit chilling when she said somewhere (can’t find the ref but I remember this) that her mother loved babies but then was less interested so she and her next sister had to raise the kids while her mum had another baby, and she would have had more than 8 if she could.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She keeps sinking to new lows

View attachment 2496024
This is such an idiotic thing to say in so many ways. I don’t know any feminists who say every man is a rapist: the point is rather that you can’t tell who could be one and that many are never even suspected.

She wants it both ways, to be a feminist and to always appeal to men. ‘I’m not like other feminists…!’

Reactions: 24