Busy Phillips

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew it.

Where did she confirm it? I just looked at her stories and couldn’t see anything.

Side-note: Birdie is obnoxious as duck. I know we’re not meant to comment on peoples kids blablabla but damn.
On her podcast - which I listened to for the first time today to hear it but it’s in the tabloids now is don’t bother. They have really similar voices, and both complain a lot about their super privileged lives. And it’s 2 and half hours.

Incredibly obvious they had split. I wonder if he has gone back to LA. And what has happened to the upstate house they bought?
Are her and Michelle still as close I wonder? I saw somewhere that Busy wasn’t impressed she left her husband for the Hamilton director guy after an affair and announced she was pregnant suspiciously soon after they split. Can’t remember where tho…

Reactions: 4
I think I lasted a bit longer listening to the podcast than you @Vanelope 😁 although I don’t blame you, it’s so bloody long. She said they bought the new house in NY which is their main home and all still live there but Busy and Marc take turns having a few days elsewhere. Busy has a small apartment she calls Casa Kismit where she records her podcast so she spends a few nights there. But they are quite often there all together in the main house. It’s so the kids don’t have to move about. It’s called nesting, I first heard of it on an itv drama I can’t remember the name of it. It’s a different way of raising kids when you’re separated/divorced. She also expressed a lot of regret about writing about her marriage and Marc in her book. I’ve read her book and I don’t blame Marc for not being happy about what she wrote. Far too personal. She seemed genuinely sorry though and said so (through tears).

She is still friends with Michelle, I have no idea about how Busy feels about her family situation, she’s never commented on it as far as I know.

Yup Birdie is obnoxious but I feel sorry for her too because her mother is not protecting her by posting her constantly online. I think Busy forgets she’s 13. She’s still a kid and deserves a private life.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if they broke up because Marc wouldn’t go along with the non-binary nonsense.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if they broke up because Marc wouldn’t go along with the non-binary nonsense.
When Busy announced that Birdie was nb she said it was Marc who got on board with it first and thought it made perfect sense 🥴 Like, of course she’s not a girl OR a boy, she’s so freaking special she’s neither!! It was Busy that didn’t get it and took longer to come round. Now she’s a fully paid member of the gender woo woo club.

Does Busy Phillips really annoy anyone else?
The constant crying
She sent her dog away to a doggy training camp during quarantine... the easiest time to train a dog!

I used to really like her stories but damn they’re annoying now.
Same - can’t stand her!

Does Busy Phillips really annoy anyone else?
The constant crying
She sent her dog away to a doggy training camp during quarantine... the easiest time to train a dog!

I used to really like her stories but damn they’re annoying now.
She drives me mad!

I followed Busy for years up until summer 2020 when she was so terrified of being cancelled like her BFF Jen Gotch that she completely jumped the shark and is now a woke cultist .. the worst kind. She's allowed her daughter to be infected by it now and even worse she is sharing her daughter's business in the most public of ways. Birdy is still a child. She doesn't know wtf she's talking about when she says she's no. Think about yourself at 12, 13... I honestly cannot believe that both Busy and Marc are allowing their child not only to get into showbiz at such a young age but to talk about her private life KNOWING what the industry abd the Internet us like. It makes me furious. It is neglectful and incompetent parenting and I don't care who I offend by saying that. Busy doesn't even like acting any more bc of how toxic it can be to your self esteem which she talked about in her book and elsewhere many times.

I'm also not at all surprised she and Marc have split and i think it's been going on for years at this point. It was long before they announced it. She has been seen with a guy on deuxmoi more than once so it's just a matter of time (if the guy can put up with her long enough to go public). One thing about Marc is that he seemed super patient with Busy's histrionics and her incapability to be happy with the life and privilege she has.

The trans stuff just appeals me. I've seen her share that creepy Jeremy guy.. I can't think of his name now. He is a they/them and tells his followers that if their families do not support their transition or sexuality that he is their family now and to DM him. Red fcking flag!!!!!

The Jen Gotch situation is interesting. They were super close. As soon as there was a sniff of trouble Busy detached herself. Not even a "I will always support my friends even if they make mistakes" type thing. It actually shocked me bc seeing things from a distance.. none of the accusations against Jen were that bad. At least not that I could remember. I'm not saying she wasn't tactless or didn't show favouritism but she wasn't abusing anyone or no paying them. So most of her staff were white... sorry but big effin whoop. That's not a reason to completely destroy somebody. It was the perfect storm for her staff to destroy her and boy did they succeed. I wonder how they feel about it now.. was it really worth it. But I digress... the fact is Busy's BFF was getting pummeled online and Busy - she has been the glorified best friend goals for decades now - left her high and dry to save her own skin.

Not a good person.
I totally agree with basically everything you've said. It sums up how I feel about Busy.

I often wonder if it was her pandering to the trans/non-binary ideology that drove a wedge between her and Marc.

I unfollowed her Instagram because I couldn’t stand all the handmaidens commenting on photos of Birdie, correcting people who referred to her as “she”.

Busy is opening that girl up to all sorts of dangerous and weird people. She needs to sit her down, explain that most girls take a while to come to terms with their femaleness around puberty, keep her the duck out of the limelight, and quit the histrionics.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I totally agree with basically everything you've said. It sums up how I feel about Busy.

I often wonder if it was her pandering to the trans/non-binary ideology that drove a wedge between her and Marc.

I unfollowed her Instagram because I couldn’t stand all the handmaidens commenting on photos of Birdie, correcting people who referred to her as “she”.

Busy is opening that girl up to all sorts of dangerous and weird people. She needs to sit her down, explain that most girls take a while to come to terms with their femaleness around puberty, keep her the duck out of the limelight, and quit the histrionics.
Completely agree with everything both of you have said but on this point I'm so wtf because Busy has said even Birdie doesn't care how people refer to her and even finds it funny that people do that in the comments.

Reactions: 2
Birdie probably had, like, one chat with Busy about maybe feeling “not like other girls”, and Busy just ran with it.

I occasionally look to see what happened to Jen Gotch, she has entirely disappeared offline. Kelly Oxford appears to be having a midlife crisis and Busy doesn’t hang out any more.

Birdie is loving all the attention it gets her - although I don’t think Busy has managed to get a Harry Styles meeting for her yet. I think Cricket doesn’t want to be part of social media at the moment and at least Busy has always respected her kids views, but I think Birdie is putting herself out there for a world of trouble.

Remember when she had a 40th birthday that was basically a resort wedding - she is so extra. I’m amazed her ‘before she was famous’ friends still speak to her.

Did she used to be besties with Michelle Williams or have I made that up?

Her whole schtick is based on being best friends with Michelle. Had it not been for that friendship she would have just been another jobbing actress in LA making an utter tit of herself because she is ageing and no one wants to hire her.

Busy Phillips has always been interesting to me. I think she’s a good actress, plays ditzy to a tee. Girls5eva is really good fun and she embodies that character pretty well. I’ve never really followed her personal life very closely but always enjoyed whatever I’ve seen her in. Saying that I did catch a glimpse of her talk show and realised real life Busy is probably not for me. She was too much.
One thing I always think is that she seems like she’s been around forever… am I right in thinking she was in sweet valley high, way back when? She always seems to look exactly the same too.

Busy is a good actress, and has been in some great programs over the years. However I can’t bear her new ‘money problems’ thing. Totally get she is divorcing, that’s expensive and most people have less after, but she does not seem to be holding back her spending-talking about doing her own nails to save, while seeming to have the same lifestyle as usual. Though I have often wondered how her and Marc afforded the lifestyle in the first place. They obviously don’t have duck you money as they had to sell the house in LA rather than just buy another, but still live a luxury lifestyle-it might all be gifted for all I know.

She’s great friends with a jeweller Irene Neuwirth - and she used to wear these opal candy necklaces that cost 5k each, more than one. Even lost one I think. Not sure if they were #gifted undisclosed ads or she just bought them all. Her closet is massive, she depops a lot for charity to clear it. She took daily classes at that Tracey Anderson refugee Lekfit - probably 20 dollars a go - I think she did a lot of advertising for them - I first started following her on Instagram and she looked great on them don’t get me wrong. Marc took daily soul cycle classes - before peloton so again 20 dollars a go. They flew constantly back to New York. Her lifestyle was crazy expensive when she didn’t seem to be working that much. Those mr nightgown dresses - she has maybe 10, they are 200 dollars each.
I enjoyed her book. I thought she was brilliant in cougar town. I watched a couple of her talk show episodes, didn’t get into it, and the singing at the end was weird. I think she bought her own bullshit and it’s all gone a bit awry since panic moving to NYC and marriage broke down, more manic and she’s stopped acting and just does a podcast now?? Don’t follow her any more - just too much.

She’s doing another series of Girls5eva I believe. That’ll keep her in New York, plus I think the kids are settled there now so she’s kinda stuck. She seems to have chummed up massively with Jenny Mollen, who she went to school with. It’s good she’s found a friend in New York as she seemed quite lonely and was always crying about missing her friends. I don’t know why she doesn’t spend more time with Michelle who is just in Brooklyn. As far as I know they are still besties. I think she’s still pals with Kelly Oxford but she’s in LA. I also wondered about Jen Gotch and what happened to her. Did Busy stand by her?

Agree with comments about her chat show. I really wanted to like it but she came across as deranged on it. Just too loud, shouting the whole time and hyper. The song was painful. It’s a shame because it had potential. If she’d calmed down (or at least stopped shouting down the camera) it might have done better.

Don’t ask me why I looked at Busy’s stories today (bored and avoiding housework) but I saw her posting about missing Birdie who’s away with a friend but called Birdie ‘she’. Could have been a slip up but entirely possible Birdie has changed their pronouns back. I hope she doesn’t get loads of messages from people telling her she misgendered her own child 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyone still listening to the podcast? I just don’t have 2-3 hours to listen to it but I’m nosy enough to want to know what’s going on with her.

I’m neutral enough about this woman- have seen and enjoyed her in some things- but just went to check out her podcast there, why on earth are they 3 hours 40 minutes long?? That is insane!! 😱🤯🤯

I’m neutral enough about this woman- have seen and enjoyed her in some things- but just went to check out her podcast there, why on earth are they 3 hours 40 minutes long?? That is insane!! 😱🤯🤯
Because she's a gobshite with too much to say!

• Haha