Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glortard

VIP Member
I find everything about this so bizarre and it really feels like an excuse for an anti trans tirade. I don’t understand what you are achieving by purposely misgendering Birdie. It isn’t difficult to just say “they”. The might read this after all. When someone says “people who bleed”, funnily enough, women who menstruate are also included in that statement. What’s the problem with just saying “people” to be inclusive of everyone who experienced it? I’m a cisgender woman and I take zero issue with it. I don’t get it. Save the unhinged terf rants for mumsnet or whatever other platform you use because they don’t belong here.
I have a daughter she is not a person that bleeds but a young woman and I don't want her erased by by men pretending to be woman along with their supporters. Whenever they talk about issues around men such as prostrate cancer it's always men's health we are not reduced to people with penises.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

sheleg

VIP Member
I find everything about this so bizarre and it really feels like an excuse for an anti trans tirade. I don’t understand what you are achieving by purposely misgendering Birdie. It isn’t difficult to just say “they”. The might read this after all. When someone says “people who bleed”, funnily enough, women who menstruate are also included in that statement. What’s the problem with just saying “people” to be inclusive of everyone who experienced it? I’m a cisgender woman and I take zero issue with it. I don’t get it. Save the unhinged terf rants for mumsnet or whatever other platform you use because they don’t belong here.
Nah, I’m with Weewegie on this one.

I’m sick of kids being experimented on in the name of gender.

I’m an agender lesbian, so you as a “cisgender” woman might want to stop talking on behalf of people who are actually feeling the brunt of all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

weeweegie

VIP Member
Why does it bother you if I use the right pronouns for Birdie? Do you know how weird that is? I listen to Busy’s podcast and she has actually said that Birdie doesn’t give a shit if randoms on the internet use she/her. If Birdie isn’t bothered why are you? Odd.
Lovely that you aren’t bothered by the erasure of the word women but lots of us are so there you go. We are never going to agree. I’ll post what I like, where I like, it is utterly bizarre to me that you think you can tell me what and where to post. It’s genuinely made me smile it’s so ridiculous so thanks for that.
Lots of love,
unhinged

😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

weeweegie

VIP Member
I don’t think her and Marc have separated but it’s so weird how he’s just so absent from her insta. She mentions him occasionally but the life she presents to the world is of a single woman.

I just can’t with all the trans stuff she’s promoting. I’m all for live however you want to live but I draw the line at the whole notion of ‘trans kids’. I cannot believe Busy is ok with puberty blockers etc. I’ve stopped listening to her podcast now but the last time I did listen she was talking about supporting trans kids and honestly, she sounded insane. Her voice was extra extra high and squeaky (more than usual), she sounded unsure and shaky in what she was saying, probably because she knows there has been ZERO research into the long term effects of puberty blockers and what they can do to a child’s health. She’s all ‘they’re TOTALLY REVERSIBLE’ which is untrue plus she didn’t mention that almost 100% of the kids on blockers go on to cross sex hormones ie this means giving up your fertility at a stupidly young age, not to mention all the other health problems. A lifetime of being a patient.

She loves Birdie and wants to support her which I get, but in reality Birdie presents completely as a girl, hasn’t used blockers, has crushes on boys, umm so she’s a ‘cis het girl’ (hate using cis as I reject the term but using it to make the point). The only difference with her is they/them which is just the stupidest thing ever. Although Busy did say on her podcast once or twice that B doesn’t care if someone uses she/her. Doesn’t stop sad do-gooders commenting on every comment on her Insta that refers to B as she/her. I think those people annoy Busy too. So she doesn’t actually have a ‘trans kid’ and I think if Birdie went the whole hog and said she was a boy Busy would have a very different reaction. As it is all she’s got to deal with is they/them pronouns. So her stance on the whole thing is a bit rich.

One thing I do like about Busy as @Rahrah says, is the fact she’s embracing her age and not had work done. I’m of a similar age and it’s so unheard of to see an actress my age without the botoxed, stretched face. She is authentic in herself. I just wish she’d get back to standing up for women and I also wish on her podcast her and Caissie didn’t trip over themselves to avoid saying women when they are talking about periods or whatever. Women are not ‘people who bleed’ ffs. Funnily enough they have no hesitation when it comes to men. Men are just men. Ugh.

Could probably write a lot more as I have a lot of thoughts on Busy Philipps but I have to get on with my day 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Glortard

VIP Member
Huh?? Literally no one is “cancelling women”, this train of thought is so bizarre I really don’t understand how it always escalates to this. It’s so, so strange. It’s reminiscent of when white people started saying they are becoming a minority. Different argument, and yet the same sort of people, who are always talking very loudly and it’s always nonsensical. Yet another pocket of the internet that’s become unbearable
oh the horror that this pocket of the Internet is unbearable to you!!!! Do you know what actually is unbearable a woman that has been subject to sexual violence not been able to discuss it with other woman because a 6ft man is there now that identifies as a woman. Or the male head of a rape crisis centre saying that woman must accept that trans woman are woman before accessing the service. Or the woman raped on a single sex NHS ward being told that was impossible as no males where present. They only admitted there was a self ID person when the police found the CCTV evidence.

many people on the left as well as those on the right are rightfully supporting woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Vanelope

VIP Member
Birdie got an acting job because she was

A daughter of a famous person
B queer in modern parlance

so it pays off. She dresses like a girl, has massive crushes on boys, even ones in dresses are boys - and I think has had issues at school and has reinvented herself in New York. So far so teenager.

Children who are constantly changing what they think and feel shouldn’t be given powerful hormonal drugs that put them on a one way street to a great deal of medical interference. Busy would not want that for her kid and should be ashamed of herself for promoting it.

Huh?? Literally no one is “cancelling women”, this train of thought is so bizarre I really don’t understand how it always escalates to this. It’s so, so strange. It’s reminiscent of when white people started saying they are becoming a minority. Different argument, and yet the same sort of people, who are always talking very loudly and it’s always nonsensical. Yet another pocket of the internet that’s become unbearable
Caitlin Jenner was woman of the year on a magazine
Lia Thomas winning the womens swimming race
Laurel Herbert taking an Olympic spot from a woman of colour
That’s three women who’s position was erased by a transwoman.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Pingping

Does Busy Phillips really annoy anyone else?
The constant crying
She sent her dog away to a doggy training camp during quarantine... the easiest time to train a dog!

I used to really like her stories but damn they’re annoying now.

Reactions: 13

weeweegie

VIP Member
Ok, I caved and listened to some of the latest podcast. They were talking about gun control in light of the recent shooting there. Busy was talking about how the shooter bought the gun at age 19 and how she really feels that people should be classed as children until the age of 25 as your brain has not fully developed until then and there is no way they should be legally allowed to purchase guns until then.

Interesting take considering she’s ok with people under the age of 25 should be allowed to take PUBERTY BLOCKERS, the dangers of which are not fully known but sure, let the kids be Guinea pigs. And she a-ok with a 16 year old girl getting an ELECTIVE MASTECTOMY, sure go ahead and remove healthy organs. Nah, those kids are better and different to other young people. They are magical trans people! Their brains fully develop when they’re 12 and we must go along with every little thing they demand or else we’re all a bunch of bigots. But everyone else, you’re a child incapable of making mature decisions until you are 25. Got it Busy 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 12

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Sorry am I reading correctly that @Kitycat you derailed the thread and are now calling for the mods to come because the thread is derailed? How bizarre.

In actual Busy-related chat, I still haven't seen Girls 5eva but am glad to hear she's funny in it. I like Sara Bareilles and I did like Busy in ER so hoping I'll enjoy it too!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
I have a daughter she is not a person that bleeds but a young woman and I don't want her erased by by men pretending to be woman along with their supporters. Whenever they talk about issues around men such as prostrate cancer it's always men's health we are not reduced to people with penises.
Amen!! I have trans friends who also think this. They’re happy living their lives, they don’t want to be made panto villains in a crusade to erase women or men. They themselves have said they don’t understand why everything is so PC with regards to how a born female can have their rights and terminology removed. It’s not breast feeding it’s chest feeding. It’s not a pregnant woman but a person who gives birth. Not woman who bleeds but a person.
And before you call me a terf, yes I understand that there are trans males who bleed, that they may give birth but these are things someone with the xx chromosome can do. I don’t expect them to give up their truth and I’m all for it, but PLEASE don’t cancel the group of people you claim to be a part of. Women are women, I don’t care if you were born male, female or a bloody tree to begin with. Just don’t cancel us. Help women fight for ALL of our rights, not just eliminating a born females view because it doesn’t align with your exclusionary one

• Heart
Reactions: 11

sheleg

VIP Member
I followed Busy for years up until summer 2020 when she was so terrified of being cancelled like her BFF Jen Gotch that she completely jumped the shark and is now a woke cultist .. the worst kind. She's allowed her daughter to be infected by it now and even worse she is sharing her daughter's business in the most public of ways. Birdy is still a child. She doesn't know wtf she's talking about when she says she's no. Think about yourself at 12, 13... I honestly cannot believe that both Busy and Marc are allowing their child not only to get into showbiz at such a young age but to talk about her private life KNOWING what the industry abd the Internet us like. It makes me furious. It is neglectful and incompetent parenting and I don't care who I offend by saying that. Busy doesn't even like acting any more bc of how toxic it can be to your self esteem which she talked about in her book and elsewhere many times.

I'm also not at all surprised she and Marc have split and i think it's been going on for years at this point. It was long before they announced it. She has been seen with a guy on deuxmoi more than once so it's just a matter of time (if the guy can put up with her long enough to go public). One thing about Marc is that he seemed super patient with Busy's histrionics and her incapability to be happy with the life and privilege she has.

The trans stuff just appeals me. I've seen her share that creepy Jeremy guy.. I can't think of his name now. He is a they/them and tells his followers that if their families do not support their transition or sexuality that he is their family now and to DM him. Red fcking flag!!!!!

The Jen Gotch situation is interesting. They were super close. As soon as there was a sniff of trouble Busy detached herself. Not even a "I will always support my friends even if they make mistakes" type thing. It actually shocked me bc seeing things from a distance.. none of the accusations against Jen were that bad. At least not that I could remember. I'm not saying she wasn't tactless or didn't show favouritism but she wasn't abusing anyone or no paying them. So most of her staff were white... sorry but big effin whoop. That's not a reason to completely destroy somebody. It was the perfect storm for her staff to destroy her and boy did they succeed. I wonder how they feel about it now.. was it really worth it. But I digress... the fact is Busy's BFF was getting pummeled online and Busy - she has been the glorified best friend goals for decades now - left her high and dry to save her own skin.

Not a good person.
I totally agree with basically everything you've said. It sums up how I feel about Busy.

I often wonder if it was her pandering to the trans/non-binary ideology that drove a wedge between her and Marc.

I unfollowed her Instagram because I couldn’t stand all the handmaidens commenting on photos of Birdie, correcting people who referred to her as “she”.

Busy is opening that girl up to all sorts of dangerous and weird people. She needs to sit her down, explain that most girls take a while to come to terms with their femaleness around puberty, keep her the fuck out of the limelight, and quit the histrionics.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Laika1234

VIP Member
t would be good if Busy acknowledged the change back to girl on her insta but I can imagine it’s a bit embarrassing and not very cool. On the pod I was listening to she was quick to clarify Birdie is still ‘queer’. Of course she is, she is super special and different and gifted and nothing like other kids her age
I just don’t get why she couldn’t quietly support her while she went through all this self discovery and then when she’s a bit older and more sure of who she is and who she likes then Busy could be more vocal. It’s Busy parading her queer, non binary child around like a trophy that makes it weird when the kid changes their mind.

Spilttea

VIP Member
Busy has always come across as insufferable and that doesn’t seem to be changing as she gets older. I’m convinced the only reason she gets work or is even relevant is because of her famous best friend and/or her being adjacent to actual HW stars.

weeweegie

VIP Member
I just don’t get why she couldn’t quietly support her while she went through all this self discovery and then when she’s a bit older and more sure of who she is and who she likes then Busy could be more vocal. It’s Busy parading her queer, non binary child around like a trophy that makes it weird when the kid changes their mind.
It gives her cred to have a QwEeR kid, that’s why. She’s benefitted from it, but at Birdie’s expense because she’ll be forever having to explain umm no I’m not non binary anymore. Cringe. Her defence is that Birdie gave her permission to announce it on the podcast but Busy could have used her parental judgement and said no - I’ll not share that info with the world about my 12 year old. She kept thee marriage break up secret for 2 years, I suppose Birdie’s privacy isn’t as important.

The only time I hear of this woman is when she's whining.

Also, and this is incredibly petty of me I know, but I cannot take her seriously with that stupid name. It's a very trivial annoyance but it does annoy me so much for some reason. It's just cringe.

• Heart

Katydoo

So has he dumped her yet? I unfollowed her ages ago, unhinged ramblings just not my bag. I couldn’t imagine living in the same house as that head case and her obvious obsession with her daughter and not giving a shite about the other one. I’m still not over her being in the front row of the Oscars a few years back, how mortifying for actual talented people behind her?? Surely her BFF Michelle has sacked her off by now?

• Haha

weeweegie

VIP Member
I honestly feel like if you’re a celebrity and even if your kid gives you their permission to talk about their sexuality and gender identity to ‘the public’, you should choose to be a responsible parent and make the decision not to. Now thst she’s told the world that Birdie is non binary, then that’s it cast in stone. There was always the chance they would grow out of it, it’s not trendy anymore, and decide actually I am female. But with it being out in the open I bet she feels like she can never go back (which is ridiculous). Because it’s not just your family and friends you’re telling hey you can call me she again btw. Now it would be an announcement to the press and be a whole thing that would be an embarrassment.

But there is so much clout online and in celeb circles being ‘queer’ it’s literally the fashion for teens these days esp in America. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with all this and these kids grow up and realise how stupid the whole thing is.

I listened to Busy in someone else’s podcast and she referred to Birdie having ‘female body parts’ talking about her period. Made me full body shudder and want to shout she’s a girl! Not some alien with ‘body parts’ ffs! What have women fought for all these years. To have a generation who think they can check out of being female by calling themselves non binary 🙄🙄🙄 Busy herself is very vocal on women’s rights, it does make me wonder what she really feels about all of this.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

Spurgyrose

Gender dysphoria and teen angst do not a good mix make. My friend is dating a man who had children with a very unstable woman; upped and left the family when the kids were 11 and has come back in the picture recently, after 5 years. The kids have switched gender identity like 5 times, and this all started at 15 when their mom came back in the picture. It's so very clearly a way for them to project their issues with their parental situation. The father supports but doesn't interfere and certainly doesn't shout from the rafters how the kids choose to identify one day to the next. Thankfully neither of them chose to fully transition since they are now identifying as their birth genders.

All to say, children have always gone through a phase of questioning their gender or sexual identity in some way, be it perceived (this is the way a girl/boy is supposed to act or feel, I don't want to act or feel this way, therefore I must not be a girl/boy) or real gender dysphoria, which is very rare anyway. The whole trend now has just added an extra layer of unnecessary mess to what has been going on for decades, if not centuries. At the very least we can let the kids figure it out on their own.

I find it a bit regressive, to be honest. As if there is only one way to be a woman... I would have thought by 2021 we would have finally figured out that there are many ways and just because you think your way is unique or different (it likely isn't, but go on) doesn't mean you have to disconnect yourself from your biological parts.

• Angry

weeweegie

VIP Member
Ugh it bothers me so much that she shares posts from the horrible creepy guy Alok Menon (I may have got his name wrong but I’m sorry I’m not about to look it up).

For those who don’t know Alok is a non binary male who has been quoted as saying that young girls (children) are not as innocent as you think they are and they can be kinky too. He’s one of these creeps who is heavily influencing ‘queer’ teens and brain dead parents are going along with it. He’s an entitled male who thinks because he wears make up and a skimpy dress on his very masculine body is utterly groundbreaking and we should all bow to him. So disappointed in Busy getting sucked in by him. And yes he says his pronouns are they/them but I’m not ignoring the obvious, he’s a DUDE.

• Sick