Busy Phillips

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she still a Thing? I remember her from Dawson's Creek and ER šŸ˜³ Now I feel ancient šŸ‘µ:ROFLMAO:
That's twice in two days this site has made me feel old
*shakes cane at young 'uns*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I hate the way she says and like ayyynd.
How do her necklaces not get all tangled?
also hate the singing šŸ¤Ŗ

She has done a podcast with Fearne Cotton, two very annoying women together
I listened to that the other day as I donā€™t mind Fearne Cotton. Busy talks a million miles an hour, goes off on tangents and says ā€œlikeā€ in every sentence. I had to switch off.

Reactions: 3
Whatā€™s with the face picking?
Also the annoying dancing on the roof šŸ™„
The dancing on the roof is very annoying. Iā€™m all for people dancing solo to their heartā€™s content... but thereā€™s something mega cringe about filming yourself doing it.

I was going to start my own thread on Busy Phillips but found this old one. Just feel thereā€™s a lot to discuss here. I dip in and out of her podcast but honestly itā€™s a hard listen to sometimes. Busy seems a little bit deranged šŸ¤Ŗ anyone else follow her and listen to her podcast??

Reactions: 2
Haha glad you started up this thread again because I needed to comment about this to someoneā€¦was watching her stories the other day (they mystify me) and she did the telltale teeth lick that major sugar heads tend to do. I mean, it makes a lot of sense given herā€¦quirkyā€¦behaviour (and her weight loss over the years!) but still, if youā€™ve powdered your nose generously perhaps donā€™t go make a IG story with your kid! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Haha glad you started up this thread again because I needed to comment about this to someoneā€¦was watching her stories the other day (they mystify me) and she did the telltale teeth lick that major sugar heads tend to do. I mean, it makes a lot of sense given herā€¦quirkyā€¦behaviour (and her weight loss over the years!) but still, if youā€™ve powdered your nose generously perhaps donā€™t go make a IG story with your kid! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Thanks for indulging me! No one I know IRL really knows who she is so I have no one to gossip to!

I didnā€™t notice that about teeth lick but I would not be surprised. One of the things I canā€™t stand about her is the way she boasts about all the drugs she took as a teenager. Trying so hard to be cool itā€™s actually painful to watch. And even now, delights in talking about getting high. No judgement to anyone smoking pot (as they call it over there). But it doesnā€™t make you cool in any way. Especially when you have kids who Iā€™m sure could easily watch your insta stories (her older child anyway). Her erratic behaviour suggests thereā€™s maybe some sort of drug dependance going on.

I find it so hard listening to her podcast for a number of reasons. Firstly her anger at the world and how ungrateful she seems for everything she has in life. Nothing is ever good enough. I get that she probably has MH problems but it just sounds like hysterical whinging. Also, I find it so hard listening to her trying not to misgender her oldest kid. You can hear her pausing before saying they/them. It just makes me so sad and (irrationally) annoyed at Birdie, for buying in to the non binary bs and causing pain to her mother so she can never call her her daughter again. Apologies if this causes offence to whoever is reading, just my opinion.

Also, Marc. Heā€™s almost never mentioned anywhere. I listened to another podcast that she was a guest on and she called him ā€˜my kids fatherā€™ which I thought was an odd way to describe your husband. I understand she would want to keep any problems quiet but it just feels like they are not even a couple?

I could talk a lot more about her but would be here all night šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Thanks for indulging me! No one I know IRL really knows who she is so I have no one to gossip to!

I didnā€™t notice that about teeth lick but I would not be surprised. One of the things I canā€™t stand about her is the way she boasts about all the drugs she took as a teenager. Trying so hard to be cool itā€™s actually painful to watch. And even now, delights in talking about getting high. No judgement to anyone smoking pot (as they call it over there). But it doesnā€™t make you cool in any way. Especially when you have kids who Iā€™m sure could easily watch your insta stories (her older child anyway). Her erratic behaviour suggests thereā€™s maybe some sort of drug dependance going on.

I find it so hard listening to her podcast for a number of reasons. Firstly her anger at the world and how ungrateful she seems for everything she has in life. Nothing is ever good enough. I get that she probably has MH problems but it just sounds like hysterical whinging. Also, I find it so hard listening to her trying not to misgender her oldest kid. You can hear her pausing before saying they/them. It just makes me so sad and (irrationally) annoyed at Birdie, for buying in to the non binary bs and causing pain to her mother so she can never call her her daughter again. Apologies if this causes offence to whoever is reading, just my opinion.

Also, Marc. Heā€™s almost never mentioned anywhere. I listened to another podcast that she was a guest on and she called him ā€˜my kids fatherā€™ which I thought was an odd way to describe your husband. I understand she would want to keep any problems quiet but it just feels like they are not even a couple?

I could talk a lot more about her but would be here all night šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I'm not a fan of any parent discussing their child's gender/sexual identity without them, it's no one's story to tell but the individuals'. It's even more gross when it is quite obviously being used for the parent's clout, which really seems to be the case with a lot of celebs. I also kind of side eye the "coming out" as non-binary coinciding perfectly with Birdy starting to develop their own on-stage/screen career. I can't help but find it disingenuous even if it is 100% genuine.

Yes, her husband is nowhere to be seen! That's 100% their own business, but considering the painfully excessive amount of oversharing she does - here's a completely useless IG story of me drinking coffee at 6 am! - you'd think her husband would pop up here or there. It really underscores his absence, like you'd think she'd have thought about how that looks a little, at least.

I could never listen to her podcast! First I don't like podcasts, second she is the type of celeb activist I LOATHE. No clue what they're talking about and their main goal is to bring attention to themselves.

Reactions: 6
I honestly feel like if youā€™re a celebrity and even if your kid gives you their permission to talk about their sexuality and gender identity to ā€˜the publicā€™, you should choose to be a responsible parent and make the decision not to. Now thst sheā€™s told the world that Birdie is non binary, then thatā€™s it cast in stone. There was always the chance they would grow out of it, itā€™s not trendy anymore, and decide actually I am female. But with it being out in the open I bet she feels like she can never go back (which is ridiculous). Because itā€™s not just your family and friends youā€™re telling hey you can call me she again btw. Now it would be an announcement to the press and be a whole thing that would be an embarrassment.

But there is so much clout online and in celeb circles being ā€˜queerā€™ itā€™s literally the fashion for teens these days esp in America. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with all this and these kids grow up and realise how stupid the whole thing is.

I listened to Busy in someone elseā€™s podcast and she referred to Birdie having ā€˜female body partsā€™ talking about her period. Made me full body shudder and want to shout sheā€™s a girl! Not some alien with ā€˜body partsā€™ ffs! What have women fought for all these years. To have a generation who think they can check out of being female by calling themselves non binary šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„ Busy herself is very vocal on womenā€™s rights, it does make me wonder what she really feels about all of this.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Gender dysphoria and teen angst do not a good mix make. My friend is dating a man who had children with a very unstable woman; upped and left the family when the kids were 11 and has come back in the picture recently, after 5 years. The kids have switched gender identity like 5 times, and this all started at 15 when their mom came back in the picture. It's so very clearly a way for them to project their issues with their parental situation. The father supports but doesn't interfere and certainly doesn't shout from the rafters how the kids choose to identify one day to the next. Thankfully neither of them chose to fully transition since they are now identifying as their birth genders.

All to say, children have always gone through a phase of questioning their gender or sexual identity in some way, be it perceived (this is the way a girl/boy is supposed to act or feel, I don't want to act or feel this way, therefore I must not be a girl/boy) or real gender dysphoria, which is very rare anyway. The whole trend now has just added an extra layer of unnecessary mess to what has been going on for decades, if not centuries. At the very least we can let the kids figure it out on their own.

I find it a bit regressive, to be honest. As if there is only one way to be a woman... I would have thought by 2021 we would have finally figured out that there are many ways and just because you think your way is unique or different (it likely isn't, but go on) doesn't mean you have to disconnect yourself from your biological parts.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Oh I'm glad this thread is going again! Checked in here a few times but didn't wanna be the one to try and revive it šŸ˜‚ I used to love Busy but she's so shrill and irritating now?! And the constant going on about Birdie is so annoying. She used to always be raving about Cricket, feel a bit bad for her cos now it's all about Birdie. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she was on the drugs.

Reactions: 4
Oh I'm glad this thread is going again! Checked in here a few times but didn't wanna be the one to try and revive it šŸ˜‚ I used to love Busy but she's so shrill and irritating now?! And the constant going on about Birdie is so annoying. She used to always be raving about Cricket, feel a bit bad for her cos now it's all about Birdie. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she was on the drugs.
Yeah sheā€™s all about Birdie and absolutely desperate for them to think sheā€™s cool. Iā€™m roughly the same age as Busy and also a mum and you just have to be ok with the fact that you are not cool to your kids and thatā€™s ok. Stop trying so hard. In saying that, she does seem like a great mum who loves her kids. Thatā€™s why itā€™s even sadder that sheā€™s told the world about Birdie.

Iā€™ve said this on another thread but I wonder if Birdie is autistic? Busy has said that they have sensory issues and that they fixate on things. Itā€™s absolutely their business and no one elseā€™s but it makes you wonder why she wouldnā€™t be honest about that yet sheā€™s told the world her daughter is gay. It is documented that kids on the spectrum are more likely to struggle with their gender identity which makes sense with Birdie I think.

Anyone remember Busyā€™s friendship with Jen Gotch? They were pretty tight when she was in LA then there was a scandal with Jenbeing racist. Busy never mentioned it and she hasnā€™t mentioned Jen ever again. I just found that all so weird.

Do you listen to her podcast @bcfc999?

Yeah sheā€™s all about Birdie and absolutely desperate for them to think sheā€™s cool. Iā€™m roughly the same age as Busy and also a mum and you just have to be ok with the fact that you are not cool to your kids and thatā€™s ok. Stop trying so hard. In saying that, she does seem like a great mum who loves her kids. Thatā€™s why itā€™s even sadder that sheā€™s told the world about Birdie.

Iā€™ve said this on another thread but I wonder if Birdie is autistic? Busy has said that they have sensory issues and that they fixate on things. Itā€™s absolutely their business and no one elseā€™s but it makes you wonder why she wouldnā€™t be honest about that yet sheā€™s told the world her daughter is gay. It is documented that kids on the spectrum are more likely to struggle with their gender identity which makes sense with Birdie I think.

Anyone remember Busyā€™s friendship with Jen Gotch? They were pretty tight when she was in LA then there was a scandal with Jenbeing racist. Busy never mentioned it and she hasnā€™t mentioned Jen ever again. I just found that all so weird.

Do you listen to her podcast @bcfc999?
Yes exactly!! I remember at some point a couple of years ago (?) she got tit for constantly flaunting Cricket and so she started talking about both kids pretty evenly, then since Birdie hit pre-teen age and came out as gay and nb Cricket doesn't get a look in - which I hope isn't reflected in their actual lives - I've always thought it's cos like you said, she wants Birdie to see her as cool now they're at an age where that's important, whereas Cricket is still of an age where your parents are pretty cool (or at least not majorly cringey and embarrassing for you). You could be onto something with the autism - maybe it's undiagnosed? I know in the UK the autism pathway is a massive ordeal taking years, so could it be they've not bothered/are still in the process so don't want to mention it?

Is Jen Gotch the one who had a daughter the same age as Birdie and they always hung out as a four?

I don't listen to the podcast - is it worth a go? It comes up on my Spotify sometimes but with how she is on Instagram I've not given it a listen!

Reactions: 1
Is anyone waiting on Busy Phillips to make a super woke 'non' statement about being divorced?

I hadn't seen any rumours but wouldn't be surprised. I haven't seen her mention her husband in so long I've forgotten his name.

She didnt spend xmas with him or i think she also moved house...but no pics....she is deffo divorcing...just odd to me that it wasnt announced.

Reactions: 1