Busy Phillips

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find everything about this so bizarre and it really feels like an excuse for an anti trans tirade. I don’t understand what you are achieving by purposely misgendering Birdie. It isn’t difficult to just say “they”. The might read this after all. When someone says “people who bleed”, funnily enough, women who menstruate are also included in that statement. What’s the problem with just saying “people” to be inclusive of everyone who experienced it? I’m a cisgender woman and I take zero issue with it. I don’t get it. Save the unhinged terf rants for mumsnet or whatever other platform you use because they don’t belong here.
I have a daughter she is not a person that bleeds but a young woman and I don't want her erased by by men pretending to be woman along with their supporters. Whenever they talk about issues around men such as prostrate cancer it's always men's health we are not reduced to people with penises.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I was under the impression that Busy was not down with Birdie becoming non-binary but because she loves her child and has alluded that Birdie has had a hard time the last few years she has gone all in to show them they are supported. She is annoying but it does seem with the move to New York she has really lost herself, she was losing it a little bit in LA but she still seemed happyish. Also, I can’t believe this, but I miss her going to Lekfit everyday, doing it at home is not the same.

Reactions: 3
I was under the impression that Busy was not down with Birdie becoming non-binary but because she loves her child and has alluded that Birdie has had a hard time the last few years she has gone all in to show them they are supported. She is annoying but it does seem with the move to New York she has really lost herself, she was losing it a little bit in LA but she still seemed happyish. Also, I can’t believe this, but I miss her going to Lekfit everyday, doing it at home is not the same.
Yeah I agree about the move to New York. Seems like her kids are thriving but Busy herself often mentions how much she misses LA and her old house. I’ve watched a few episodes of girls5eva and she’s quite funny in it. She’ll be staying in NY for as long as the show continues but what’s Marc doing? He’s the invisible husband!

Reactions: 1
I have a daughter she is not a person that bleeds but a young woman and I don't want her erased by by men pretending to be woman along with their supporters. Whenever they talk about issues around men such as prostrate cancer it's always men's health we are not reduced to people with penises.
Amen!! I have trans friends who also think this. They’re happy living their lives, they don’t want to be made panto villains in a crusade to erase women or men. They themselves have said they don’t understand why everything is so PC with regards to how a born female can have their rights and terminology removed. It’s not breast feeding it’s chest feeding. It’s not a pregnant woman but a person who gives birth. Not woman who bleeds but a person.
And before you call me a terf, yes I understand that there are trans males who bleed, that they may give birth but these are things someone with the xx chromosome can do. I don’t expect them to give up their truth and I’m all for it, but PLEASE don’t cancel the group of people you claim to be a part of. Women are women, I don’t care if you were born male, female or a bloody tree to begin with. Just don’t cancel us. Help women fight for ALL of our rights, not just eliminating a born females view because it doesn’t align with your exclusionary one

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Huh?? Literally no one is “cancelling women”, this train of thought is so bizarre I really don’t understand how it always escalates to this. It’s so, so strange. It’s reminiscent of when white people started saying they are becoming a minority. Different argument, and yet the same sort of people, who are always talking very loudly and it’s always nonsensical. Yet another pocket of the internet that’s become unbearable

Birdie got an acting job because she was

A daughter of a famous person
B queer in modern parlance

so it pays off. She dresses like a girl, has massive crushes on boys, even ones in dresses are boys - and I think has had issues at school and has reinvented herself in New York. So far so teenager.

Children who are constantly changing what they think and feel shouldn’t be given powerful hormonal drugs that put them on a one way street to a great deal of medical interference. Busy would not want that for her kid and should be ashamed of herself for promoting it.

Huh?? Literally no one is “cancelling women”, this train of thought is so bizarre I really don’t understand how it always escalates to this. It’s so, so strange. It’s reminiscent of when white people started saying they are becoming a minority. Different argument, and yet the same sort of people, who are always talking very loudly and it’s always nonsensical. Yet another pocket of the internet that’s become unbearable
Caitlin Jenner was woman of the year on a magazine
Lia Thomas winning the womens swimming race
Laurel Herbert taking an Olympic spot from a woman of colour
That’s three women who’s position was erased by a transwoman.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
oh the horror that this pocket of the Internet is unbearable to you!!!! Do you know what actually is unbearable a woman that has been subject to sexual violence not been able to discuss it with other woman because a 6ft man is there now that identifies as a woman. Or the male head of a rape crisis centre saying that woman must accept that trans woman are woman before accessing the service. Or the woman raped on a single sex NHS ward being told that was impossible as no males where present. They only admitted there was a self ID person when the police found the CCTV evidence.

many people on the left as well as those on the right are rightfully supporting woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
oh the horror that this pocket of the Internet is unbearable to you!!!! Do you know what actually is unbearable a woman that has been subject to sexual violence not been able to discuss it with other woman because a 6ft man is there now that identifies as a woman. Or the male head of a rape crisis centre saying that woman must accept that trans woman are woman before accessing the service. Or the woman raped on a single sex NHS ward being told that was impossible as no males where present. They only admitted there was a self ID person when the police found the CCTV evidence.

many people on the left as well as those on the right are rightfully supporting woman.
Very normal response as expected… once again look how you’ve escalated the conversation to this point. I’m just as worried about sexual violence as the average woman feels, but that fear and worry has historically been caused by the actions of men. Remember that.

This is completely off topic now and shouldn’t go any further on this thread - it’s for people to rant/rave about busy Philipps, I’m sure there is somewhere elsewhere on this forum that the rest can be discussed but that’s not the purpose of the initial thread. Mods???

• Haha
Very normal response as expected… once again look how you’ve escalated the conversation to this point. I’m just as worried about sexual violence as the average woman feels, but that fear and worry has historically been caused by the actions of men. Remember that.

This is completely off topic now and shouldn’t go any further on this thread - it’s for people to rant/rave about busy Philipps, I’m sure there is somewhere elsewhere on this forum that the rest can be discussed but that’s not the purpose of the initial thread. Mods???
When Busy Phillips has a child who has been labelled non binary and she constantly talks about trans issues then trans issues are likely to be discussed. You go to a Holly Williouby thread and trans issues will not be debated/discussed as she never mentions anything about it. There clearly is no point debating anything with you are you are not capable of it still in your handmaiden bubble.

Reactions: 8
Back to Busy and what she’s posting. I’ve stopped listening to her podcast because I just couldn’t do it to myself but I’ll occasionally look on her Instagram. All the fighting she is doing for abortion rights is great but as I’ve mentioned before, she has now completely erased using the words women and girls from any of her posts about that. Go back and take a look at the last few. I really hate that she’s scared to say she is standing up for WOMEN’S rights. Women have been persecuted because of our biological sex for all of time and it’s still happening. Even those women who don’t identify as women cannot identify out of their oppression due to their biology. It is depressing but erasing the word women from your activism helps no one and is trying to ignore the elephant in the room.

As for her latest post of Birdie’s tiktok, I just find that totally inappropriate for a 13 year old. Be a lesbian, of course teenagers know their sexuality. But Busy posting about it feels wrong. She’s a child. Plus, it made me lol that Birdie is talking about carrying a child. Isn’t that admitting that she’s female? Tut tut, imagine that 😂

If any of you are still listening to Busy’s podcast, let us know what crazy rants she’s having now. I feel sorry for Caissie having to constantly calm Busy down every week. What a job she has 😅

Sorry am I reading correctly that @Kitycat you derailed the thread and are now calling for the mods to come because the thread is derailed? How bizarre.

In actual Busy-related chat, I still haven't seen Girls 5eva but am glad to hear she's funny in it. I like Sara Bareilles and I did like Busy in ER so hoping I'll enjoy it too!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry am I reading correctly that @Kitycat you derailed the thread and are now calling for the mods to come because the thread is derailed? How bizarre.

In actual Busy-related chat, I still haven't seen Girls 5eva but am glad to hear she's funny in it. I like Sara Bareilles and I did like Busy in ER so hoping I'll enjoy it too!
Hiya @bcfc999 👋
Yeah Sara Bareilles is so good in it actually and I probably relate to her character the most. Busy is a great actor and I honestly think although she’s great at comedy, she’s much more talented than I think she gives herself credit for. I could see her doing a dramatic role (let’s face it, she’s an extremely dramatic person IRL 😂). Girls5eva is a light hearted watch if you get the chance to watch it. God knows we all need a laugh!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I loved Cougar Town which was the first thing I saw Busy in and she was my favourite character - I thought she was hilarious. Laurie and Ellie are two of the most quotable and she looked great. I have also suspected she is getting divorced but maybe she is just keeping her husband in the background. She is definitely not sharing as much of her younger daughter but Cricket might not want her to, she has always abided by their wishes and when Birdie was younger she didn’t want to be on insta.

Reactions: 4
She is definitely not sharing as much of her younger daughter but Cricket might not want her to, she has always abided by their wishes and when Birdie was younger she didn’t want to be on insta.
True - I've always liked that Busy asks her kids permission before posting about them, and presumably the massive drop off in Cricket posts is Cricket's choice rather than hers. It looks a bit strange that she's switched from what felt like Cricket posts every other day to what feels like Birdie posts and anecdotes every other day ever since the nb announcement but presumably it's just a coincidence.

Reactions: 2
True - I've always liked that Busy asks her kids permission before posting about them, and presumably the massive drop off in Cricket posts is Cricket's choice rather than hers. It looks a bit strange that she's switched from what felt like Cricket posts every other day to what feels like Birdie posts and anecdotes every other day ever since the nb announcement but presumably it's just a coincidence.
Not a coincidence, I reckon Busy is really loving Birdie being nb and uses it for insta cred. And she lives for Birdie’s approval which as a mum I understand but also, it’s painful to watch her desperation. She needs to give it up, every 13 year old thinks their mum is embarrassing 😝

Ok, I caved and listened to some of the latest podcast. They were talking about gun control in light of the recent shooting there. Busy was talking about how the shooter bought the gun at age 19 and how she really feels that people should be classed as children until the age of 25 as your brain has not fully developed until then and there is no way they should be legally allowed to purchase guns until then.

Interesting take considering she’s ok with people under the age of 25 should be allowed to take PUBERTY BLOCKERS, the dangers of which are not fully known but sure, let the kids be Guinea pigs. And she a-ok with a 16 year old girl getting an ELECTIVE MASTECTOMY, sure go ahead and remove healthy organs. Nah, those kids are better and different to other young people. They are magical trans people! Their brains fully develop when they’re 12 and we must go along with every little thing they demand or else we’re all a bunch of bigots. But everyone else, you’re a child incapable of making mature decisions until you are 25. Got it Busy 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Busy has confirmed her and Marc have been separated for over a year. So there you have it!

Reactions: 5
Busy has confirmed her and Marc have been separated for over a year. So there you have it!
I knew it.

Where did she confirm it? I just looked at her stories and couldn’t see anything.

Side-note: Birdie is obnoxious as duck. I know we’re not meant to comment on peoples kids blablabla but damn.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s no wonder that a precocious self obsessed navel gazing parent is going to raise a precocious brat of a child and woe betide anyone that doesn’t pander to said child.

She is a jobbing actress in a town where women of her age get given short shrift so to a degree I understand her attention whoring. But if she didn’t have a famous best friend she wouldn’t get half the attention she does.

She would just be one of those used to be famous LA people who now have to branch out to presenting and podcasts because the roles have dried up. Popping up at the opening of an envelope and friends with the other used to be famous people and lower tier Hollywood wives.

Reactions: 7