Bryony Farmer #3 the know-it-all that knows nothing.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The latest video has really converted me to the “her mother is the driving force” theory.
It’s clear that Bryony has no ambition of her own and no passions outside being obsessed with babies and her own health.
It has never occurred to her that someone might pursue an education or build a fulfilling career for its own sake or the satisfaction of doing so. She doesn’t consider that women might delay having children as they don’t want to give up or take time off work.
But I cannot get over her thinking that starting a career in your thirties with a child to look after is the exact same as doing it in your early twenties. Just because her generation are going to be working until they’re 70 anyway. She wants to work one day a week. That means it will take her five times as long to get the same experience as the person doing the same job next to her, she’ll be earning 1/5 the money.
mall said with the confidence of someone who knows that mum and dad will forever bail her out and she never actually has to do anything more than sit on her couch and complain.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I couldn’t get past the first couple of minutes of that vlog. I find it so cruel that she has continuously announced that women ‘’have less time than they think’’ to have children, which is a tremendously sensitive topic at the best of times. Bryony doesn’t seem to understand that not everybody has the option to live in a comfy west London flat their parents have bought them, going on a bunch of free holidays and aiming to never work more than 1 day a week. Of course it’s easy to get artificially inseminated whenever you choose if that’s the structure of your life.

Also her crappy Instagram reels make me laugh because she doesn’t have 1) a remotely appealing look or personality 2) any idea of the format that makes those videos successful. And she is claiming to have professional social media experience 🫣🫣

Last edited:
Doesn't she contradict herself when she says that she "only knows one or two women who have opted to go back to work full time".. Then says that among her "solo mum friends" there's "a lot higher proportion of them who are working full-time". I think that just demonstrates how she's using the situations of her small social circle and taking her limited life experiences and assuming that's just how the world is.

For example when she's talking about how it's the "expected" thing to do to build a career then get married and buy a house then have kids. I think most people outside of her small middle-class bubble will have grown up seeing single parents, older parents, younger parents, parents who have a career, parents who work minimum wage jobs, parents who don't work at all, families who rent, families who own their own homes and families who live in council properties. Yes that may have been the 'order' that people lived out their lives in the 50s and 60s (ie her parents' generation), but I'm a few years older than her and by the time I was a teenager I knew that there was no wright/wrong way to live your life.

I don't understand who her videos are for. She's trying to educate people about things that anyone with a modicum of critical thinking skills would have figured out ages ago. Personally it seems like her videos are trying to convince herself that she's made the right decision.

"The know-it-all who knows nothing" is the perfect way to describe her. Whoever came up with that you're a genius. The fact that she just shrugged off financial stability as being simply a benefit of working in your 20s just shows how out of touch she is, then she suggested that people wanting to have kids you "start to think about your financial security". As if that's a completely new concept for someone in their 20s and 30s! Whether you have kids and/or a partner or not, financial stability for the future is one of the most important things on everyone's minds, but she hasn't given a thought to that either because she's incredibly dense or she knows that her parents will always financially support her.

Also the fact that she considered fostering as her "main source of income" before having Oryn is disgusting.

I'm all for people having a career change or going back to education later in life, but I do wonder what kind of career she imagines herself getting at 30 when she has zero work experience and no formal qualifications.

Reactions: 6
Who else felt like she sounded so smug and gleeful when she said: "When it comes to continuing your career post-baby, things don't always go to plan. I have been really struck by the number of women I know who are now returning to work but have opted to return part-time. And I am even more intrigued by the number of women who have attempted to return to work part-time but whose employers wouldn't allow that to happen ... who've then decided to quit their careers entirely either to stay home and focus on their children or do something that's a lot more flexible around childcare. ... I only know one or two women who have opted to go back to work full-time by choice."?
She's definitely going on an on about it to make herself feel better for not having any career either. So toxic. And then of course talking about "non-solo mom friends who focus on a side hustle like yoga or pilates" LMAO, telling herself she can sit on the sofa all day because these women don't go back to their office job either.

Reactions: 5
I don't think I even want to watch her video, she generalises so much based on her very limited social circle. Out of all the people I know, every single one has opted to go back to work full time by choice after having kids. Plenty of women actually value their careers and find them fulfilling.

Reactions: 4
Or don’t have rich parents to fund their lifestyle for them so need to return to pay the bills 😳 I was wondering where she’s getting the money to send Oryn to nursery from?

Reactions: 2
Her social media experience was freaks watching her menstrual and cervical fluid videos, she doesn't have any talents or experience. She made freak fodder for attention, then she used foster children for an income because of her own obsession over babies, then she moved to creating a child for the sole purpose of her obsession, attention, and making money. It's repulsive. Everything about her is horrible at best, and often appears sinister.

• Heart
I think her mum has channelled into her that she is perfect, skilled, talented, can do no wrong, because the confidence she has in herself is absolutely unfounded. She would have been better off roughing it in a state school and actually learning how to be a normal person. She really comes across as sheltered and quite frankly weird.

I don’t really like talking about her appearance because there’s plenty to say about her despicable behaviour and worldview - but doesn’t she just stick out like a sore thumb here? I honestly would pay money to hear what her solo mum friends really think. I can just imagine the thread on mumsnet … ‘’AIBU to be weirded out by the 26yo virgin mother in my antenatal group ’’ lmao

Attachments

I don’t really like talking about her appearance because there’s plenty to say about her despicable behaviour and worldview - but doesn’t she just stick out like a sore thumb here? I honestly would pay money to hear what her solo mum friends really think. I can just imagine the thread on mumsnet … ‘’AIBU to be weirded out by the 26yo virgin mother in my antenatal group ’’ lmao
I thought the exact same, she obviously didn't get the relaxed denim memo and went for a (too long/odd length for her height) party frock 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have no idea how successful Precious Stars was. I know that she did good quality, pretty affordable reusable menstural pads at a time when it really was a cottage industry. She was one of the popularisers of them, and I give her at least a small amount of credit for their proliferation today. I still use the ones I bought from her company back in 2015.

When you take a path like homeschooling without qualifications, which is non-traditional to say the least, you have to do a bit more to prove yourself and get on in life. PS was her thing, that along with her educational youtube content. I found it invaluable as a teen to have someone around my age talking through my options like that.

It really breaks my heart that she never did anything with any of it. She's shuttered the business now, no doubt because it had ceased to be profitable due to lack of innovation and just being crowded out of the market by bigger players. Her YouTube channel is far past being anything interesting. Both could have been stepping stones to careers.

I personally believe her when she says she is chronically ill (I know it's a point of contention in these threads, and I don't wish to argue it, thank you), but her content and business when she was circa 18 was enough leverage to step into something flexible enough to go around all of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes. She really does

I have no idea how successful Precious Stars was. I know that she did good quality, pretty affordable reusable menstural pads at a time when it really was a cottage industry. She was one of the popularisers of them, and I give her at least a small amount of credit for their proliferation today. I still use the ones I bought from her company back in 2015.

When you take a path like homeschooling without qualifications, which is non-traditional to say the least, you have to do a bit more to prove yourself and get on in life. PS was her thing, that along with her educational youtube content. I found it invaluable as a teen to have someone around my age talking through my options like that.

It really breaks my heart that she never did anything with any of it. She's shuttered the business now, no doubt because it had ceased to be profitable due to lack of innovation and just being crowded out of the market by bigger players. Her YouTube channel is far past being anything interesting. Both could have been stepping stones to careers.

I personally believe her when she says she is chronically ill (I know it's a point of contention in these threads, and I don't wish to argue it, thank you), but her content and business when she was circa 18 was enough leverage to step into something flexible enough to go around all of that.
She's claiming to be healed though. Her non NHS non laparoscopic 'diagnosis' of adeno was her only claimed illness whilst (her mum was) fostering and since TTC. TTC as a career move is awful.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen the reel from today? And read the comments 😬 wondering if there’s a tattler on there 😁. Also more obsession with being petite and apparently baby faced

Attachments

She’s the absolute last person I would say has a baby face.
I’d say maybe the height might have confused the woman at security. Or more likely, I’d imagine her walking up shouting ‘mum, can you do this?’ ‘Mum can you help me with this?’ ‘Mum. Mum. Mum’. When you’re completely reliant on someone, you’re not going to come across as an adult.

That or it’s yet another of her made up stories.

Reactions: 3
Is she sharing this ironically or does she genuinely not see she is the butt of the joke here?
---
Has anyone seen the reel from today? And read the comments 😬 wondering if there’s a tattler on there 😁. Also more obsession with being petite and apparently baby faced
Sorry for the double post but I can’t see this comment now, is she deleting them?

Attachments

Last edited:
The comment isn't on the reel any more. But the OP may have deleted it

That commenter has absolutely hit the nail on the head. That's one of the things I have really like seen is a massive difference in maturity (especially with myself). When I was a younger adult and maybe not fully confident with myself I would be annoyed when other people did something that didn't make sense to me but one of the really cool things that you learn when you get a bit more mature is that you learn that hardly anyone is doing things deliberately to try and piss you off. Bryony could of just asked "can I go through with the baby or do you need us to go through separately?" But instead she's standing there looking confused waiting for her mum. I don't think it's the "baby face" that's the problem.

I don't follow her IG, but what she calls babyface is just her thin lips and no chin. Behaviourally, she comes across like an arrogant teenager, which makes her seem much younger than 26. I wonder if she'll be embarrassed to look back on her long ignorant public posts in future?

She looks like a 5 year old in a party frock from granny in the antenatal group pic someone posted. Yet being so unkempt has affected her skin and made her look older than her age. It adds to her overall oddness.