Brummy Mummy #74 We’re all struggling with too much air & false narratives everywhere!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"To wax the um seal the paint, you get this wax and you slap it on and then you use like a lint free cloth and you rub it"

Ok guys? Stop saying Emma has no content, all hail the kween of upscaling tutorials! 👑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
"To wax the um seal the paint, you get this wax and you slap it on and then you use like a lint free cloth and you rub it"

Ok guys? Stop saying Emma has no content, all hail the kween of upscaling tutorials! 👑
I knew this wasn't right but I've only just worked the word I meant to use was upcycling.

I'm SORRY EVERYONE

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Most of her descriptions are ‘bit sweary, not for the kiddos’….rather than explaining what the film is actually about!
solely for all the toddler mums who are incapable of judging whether a film is suitable for their toddlers without babs' ratings. as for WAP though - totally appropriate. definitely one to play for the kiddos! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Technical terms by Babs! I'm sure more curing time between paint coats and wax is required, she's always in a rush.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I want to say her up-cycling was amateurish but that’s insulting amateurs

Dear god

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They did NOT tell her to paint it blue and white. Absolutely not buying that at all!!! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ they're not completely clueless, colourblind, tasteless wenches.

They definitely just told her how not to screw it up this time. I'm still grossed out by painting over all wood grain of that lovely unit.

Such a fad! Give it 6 months and she'll be skipping it because she's realised now it's cool to actually celebrate natural beauty of the materials and she'll be rebuying a truck full of wooden furniture.
as far as i remember, people left comments highlighting that she was supposed to leave hours before painting additional coats and leave it til it was properly dried, and generally pointing out her mistakes one of them tagged annie sloan in their comment, who responded to comment confirm that babs had fucked up. that comment (below) has obvs now been deleted, because babs doesn't want anyone - not even annie sloan, the exerts - pouting out that she is NOT a chalk paint pro. i mean, sure - there's the possibility that they did then contact babs to tell her how to actually use their paint, since she insists on tagging their company in posts about her poorly-painted drawers - and i doubt they want their paint associated with her attempts - but they absolutely did NOT advise her what colours to paint the larger chest of drawers. she's such a liar. if anything, painting the top blue and the rest white was an idea given to her by multiple babettes in her YT comments - but hey, duck crediting then for the idea if she has the opportunity of getting the attention of annie sloan! hoping for a brand deal babs when you can't even be bothered to read the paint cans before starting? nice try! 🤣🤥

Screenshot_20210414_160713.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can you imagine how the period and sex talk will go with keBabba in charge 😂😂
I noticed, when she showed the pic of the drawers, that sanitary towels were on full display in the top drawer. I know its nothing to be ashamed of, but still, you would think for her daughters sake they were hidden.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
What’s with all the ‘like a sociopath’ stuff in that reel?? Is that a thing? What a complete and utter embarrassment she is!
tbh, that song was quite an apt choice for babs! if she'd skipped over the sociopath part and moved on to the next part of the lyrics, it would relate perfectly to her life and constant bathroom breakdowns screaming at the "trolls" that we've won!

"i've lost my mind, i've spent the night,
cryin' on the floor of my bathroom,
but you're so unaffected, i really don't get it..." 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sitting here patiently waiting for someone to mention the price of the tat mug compared to F&M 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If I was erins age I would have went mental if my mum went in my draws whilst I was at school… would have went another level of mental if I found out she not only went through my draws but also posted the contents for everyone on the internet to see!
Please someone intervene and get Erin a lock on her door so that when she goes to school she can keep this moron out of her bedroom

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I'm no DIY expert but those drawers look like they need another coat. Did she not look at the numerous amount of tutorials on YouTube 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Those drawers are tit!!! At the bottom you can clearly see the brush strokes and it needs another coat! Or is that how it’s supposed to look?!

Reactions: 15
I HATE when she does a stupid project like this and then fills her stories with AD links and advice. WHO in their right mind would think oooh I have a big chest of drawers I’d like to change, I’ll do it like Babs and follow her tips. She has no idea what she’s doing, hers look crap and there are hundreds of people you can look at on Insta or YouTube who do this all the time and, you know, have some expertise. She’s such a twit.

• Heart
ooh, the big reveal! she clearly ignored the advice from annie sloan - AND the YT video she claimed to watch prior to painting the smaller set of drawers - since it's recommended that you leave 24 hours between each coat of paint - y'know, actually allowing each coat to DRY - and that after sealing the paint with wax, it can take up to three weeks to properly cure. surely dumping all of that stuff back on top of it will ruin the finish if it's not hardened? yet babs, slap dash as ever, has managed to get the whole thing done in less than a day. obvs someone in the comments has mentioned it appears to need another coat at the bottom - all those visible brushstrokes - but nah, too much effort for babs. instead, she's labeled it "shabby chic', because imagine actually going back and finishing a project properly! shabby chic? no babs, it's just tit.

she's also tagged annie sloan in the post yet again - i'm sure they'll be super happy that their brand is, once again, being associated with babs' attempts at DIY. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Screenshot_20210623_173732.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ohhh she spent 7 hours doing this and therefore she’s SO TIRED! Get a bleeping grip woman!!!! Most people who work 7.5hr days are out the house 8-9 hours a day!!!!! She painted some drawers and she’s tired. What a bleeping waste of space she is!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Jesus Christ she is such a lazy cow. I wonder if she's been nagging Stevie to do it but yanno he's got his hands full with full time work, childcare, household chores,cooking and shopping ...the poor bastard probably couldn't fit it into his excel spreadsheet so she decided to ruin a perfectly good piece of furniture. I'm bloody howling tho at her being exhausted from doing 7 and a half hours of upcycling. If the dozy twit had done a proper job as previous commentators have said ,it would have taken up to 3 weeks. She needs to try a 7 hour shift in employment whilst balancing childcare chores etc, then she'd know exactly what tired feels like. Goes to show how little she does in the course of a day.

The standard day for where I work is 8 hours plus you have to factor in a 30 minute break so if you start at 9 you can’t finish until 5.30 😖 and no one is earning anything close to what babs is making so she should count herself lucky

if I want to paint furniture I have to use my weekend to do that like a normal person

Reactions: 13
She’s inspired her bestest friend to have a go 🙄

There was nothing wrong with those drawers 🤷‍♀️

Why would you buy a house that can’t fit your furniture their bedroom must be tiny seriously tiny

How can that take 7 hours? how 🤔

And pushing the affiliated links again for crap that’s probably cheaper at B&Q and is not lining her pockets

Attachments

What was wrong with the chest of drawers as it was, before she got her ugly mitts on to it? I preferred it before

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.