Brummy Mummy #74 We’re all struggling with too much air & false narratives everywhere!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve tried painting stuff outside before, just attracted the flies 🪰 and had lots of the little guys stuck to the wood. 🤣
The drawers looked better before.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
duck me that a tit job on those drawers- obviously only did them for engagement and as @Frogfrogfrog said she obviously got bored and couldn’t be arsed with the last few drawers. Aren’t you supposed to leave it to dry at least 24 hrs before applying wax?!
24hrs between coats! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You just KNOW when Erin gets her first period that Babs will be ALL OVER Instagram with it. The poor girl will likely be forced to pose with a period cake and we’ll all hear about her cramps, and Babs will make it about her. How her girl is all growing up, she’ll talk all about her first period, we’ll hear all the embarrassing stories about any accidents. I can imagine the spectacle she’ll make of it already. YT video “my little girl is all grown up!”, reels about period hacks, making the poor kid pose with pads and a hot water bottle and bars of chocolate. I honestly feel so bad for Erin already.
what's worse is that whatever reaction we speculate her having, we all know that in reality it will be 1000 x more dramatic. 😔

she'll definitely make it all about HER though. vlogs and posts and stories about how the girl who made a mother has become a woman, and how excited she is that, by default, that means that the girl who made her a mother will also make her a grandmother one day. she'll be making "come shop with me for sanitary products" vlogs and filming tampon hauls, and erin will undoubtedly wake up in her bedroom the day after her first period surrounded by balloons, and be dragged downstairs to blow out the candles of her first period cake at the crack of dawn so babs can post it first thing. she'll be sharing books about menstruation in her stories - she'll dedicate a whole month to doing so, but probably manage four days - send steve to cycle out on an emergency tampon and cho run - due to his panic, the majority of which will probably end up in the canal - and she'll use erin to test out every hot water bottle available to determine which is vest for cramps. and poor erin, every time babs' humiliating behaviour gets too much for her, or she simply asks for babs to respect her privacy and not share such personal information with the whole world, babs will roll her eyes and blame it on PMS, and return to showing off erin's drawer of period pads.

oh, and i dread to even IMAGINE what will happen if their cycles sync! it'll be all about how they're "twinning" at periods and wearing matching sanitary pads. i can't even. 😔

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Don’t tell Babs but primark now do period pants 🤫 maybe this’ll push the wasteful, landfill loving, crappy Chic Babs to be a bit more green? But then the effort of having to wash them might be a bit too much for Babs. She gets tired y’know!

what's worse is that whatever reaction we speculate her having, we all know that in reality it will be 1000 x more dramatic. 😔

she'll definitely make it all about HER though. vlogs and posts and stories about how the girl who made a mother has become a woman, and how excited she is that, by default, that means that the girl who made her a mother will also make her a grandmother one day. she'll be making "come shop with me for sanitary products" vlogs and filming tampon hauls, and erin will undoubtedly wake up in her bedroom the day after her first period surrounded by balloons, and be dragged downstairs to blow out the candles of her first period cake at the crack of dawn so babs can post it first thing. she'll be sharing books about menstruation in her stories - she'll dedicate a whole month to doing so, but probably manage four days - send steve to cycle out on an emergency tampon and cho run - due to his panic, the majority of which will probably end up in the canal - and she'll use erin to test out every hot water bottle available to determine which is vest for cramps. and poor erin, every time babs' humiliating behaviour gets too much for her, or she simply asks for babs to respect her privacy and not share such personal information with the whole world, babs will roll her eyes and blame it on PMS, and return to showing off erin's drawer of period pads.

oh, and i dread to even IMAGINE what will happen if their cycles sync! it'll be all about how they're "twinning" at periods and wearing matching sanitary pads. i can't even. 😔
poor Ethan will get none of this for his first wet dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Now I'm no expert- just like Babs, tho she does have a master's doncha know - but would you put the drawers to dry in sunlight? I only ask cos my OH did our garage doors in strong sunlight and they've now bobbled like a teenagers skin with acne despite me suggesting he wait for a cloudy day. But what do I know eh ? 🤪

Don’t tell Babs but primark now do period pants 🤫 maybe this’ll push the wasteful, landfill loving, crappy Chic Babs to be a bit more green? But then the effort of having to wash them might be a bit too much for Babs. She gets tired y’know!
Off topic, but I have some, and they’re great.

If I were her daughter, I’d bypass Babs and go straight to her dad, I don’t think she’d be the same with first shaves and chest hair for her son. Though I feel for them both if she shares her sudocrem wisdom for any possible acne.

I kind of want them to discover some mad scene and become really emo or goth or something. Just dress really wildly and listen to some super loud unsuitable music.

Reactions: 13

If I were her daughter, I’d bypass Babs and go straight to her dad, I don’t think she’d be the same with first shaves and chest hair for her son. Though I feel for them both if she shares her sudocrem wisdom for any possible acne.

I kind of want them to discover some mad scene and become really emo or goth or something. Just dress really wildly and listen to some super loud unsuitable music.
more unsuitable than WAP ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She is so slapdash. There’s no way you can do a good job of painting such a big piece of furniture in ONE DAY. Those drawers needed at least two (probably three) coats, applied at least one day apart, and then the wax applied after that (once they’re properly, fully dry). The drawers look tit in the photo, so patchy and uneven. I bet they look shockingly bad in real life. Does she do anything properly?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes, or reject social media and refuse to let her take photos for the gram!

Reactions: 8
She is so slapdash. There’s no way you can do a good job of painting such a big piece of furniture in ONE DAY. Those drawers needed at least two (probably three) coats, applied at least one day apart, and then the wax applied after that (once they’re properly, fully dry). The drawers look tit in the photo, so patchy and uneven. I bet they look shockingly bad in real life. Does she do anything properly?!
Aren't you listening? IT TOOK HER SEVEN HOURS 😤😫 that's a full day's work. It will have set her behind terribly on her Netflix schedule, and the poor thing probably didn't even have the energy to chuck a carton of juice in the packed lunch bags before bed. She simply hasn't got time to spend any longer on this project. Those Reels that damage her relationship with her children aren't going to film themselves you know! Busy, busy, busy!!! 💨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Even more off topic but I have an almost 10 year old daughter (no where near puberty and if she takes after me periods will be years away yet anyway) would you recommend them for teens? They seem like such a good idea, no bulky pads, no having to change pads in school, do they leak, do you get any smells? ('Smells' sounds horrid, but you know what I mean!)

Back on topic - she will deffo let the internet know when Erin gets her periods, she won't be able to resist the content. Hauls, posts about twinning when they sync up, woe is me posts about not having a baby anymore, posts about how brave she is, digs at the moody teen etc. That is when we will know she will do anything for likes.

Reactions: 11
I feel like she’s trying to make as much money as she can and then she might possible go quiet when Erin goes to senior school. She has upped her ads to a crazy amount is doing every swipe up that she can she must be making such a lot of money a month.

• Heart
If I needed any confirmation of how much I would dislike Babs in real life then the video of her at the Britney concert is it. I absolutely hate people who film at concerts, total fanny baws!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I feel like she’s trying to make as much money as she can and then she might possible go quiet when Erin goes to senior school. She has upped her ads to a crazy amount is doing every swipe up that she can she must be making such a lot of money a month.
I have been thinking this too.

Reactions: 7
If I needed any confirmation of how much I would dislike Babs in real life then the video of her at the Britney concert is it. I absolutely hate people who film at concerts, total fanny baws!
And she’s mostly filming herself?!? I sometimes film the act I’m seeing perform a little bit of my favourite song but I would never think to do a selfie video of me singing along. If I saw her do that I would think she was an absolute tool.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I hate it too, I've been to many concerts in my time and have recorded none of them. I've enjoyed the concert, in the moment, through my eyes and ears and not through a phone, and have amazing memories of them.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.