Brummy Mummy #65 Throughout the pandemic no understanding, just keeps on demanding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t Erin getting a bit old for the shite bab buys them for Easter?? Like squish mallows... really? We’ve been buying those for my niece who’s 4.

Reactions: 18
Its so weird that she can pronounce squish mallows fine, then fakes it that she doesn't know what they're called for another 3(?) Stories 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My 15yr old likes squishmallow she got a bat one for her birthday. 😀

but yes they get too much for Easter. It’s Easter not Christmas. An egg or three is plenty. When mine were much younger we would buy them a board game or dvd as they got so many eggs from grandparents, aunties etc that they couldn’t eat them all. Now They are older teens they have no trouble scoffing multiple chocolate eggs.

Reactions: 8
I admit I'm a bit of an Easter Grinch, I just don't really get the big deal as I'm Scottish, Atheist and my family just never did anything for Easter so to see her sitting waiting patiently at 6.15am for 'Easter' to start, outside before 8am making noise and annoying the neighbours, just seems mad to me. We will do an egg hunt but after a fry up, and only because we have acquired a few eggs from family and don't want to just chuck then all at my 3 year old at once 🤣

Reactions: 17
From what I remember kenny and his family are Catholic and I believe Erin has done her holy communion, Ethans should be this year. My children took confirmation in year 5/6 but I don’t know what’s happening this year because of covid.
there is a girls Catholic high school she may want her to go to and the entry requirements for there are pretty strict. Other Catholic high schools usually will take Catholics first and from a Catholic primary school but aren’t so fussed about the letters of recommendation.
Could you imagine Father Patrick (no idea what church she associates with by the way) writing a letter of recommendation for the CONwoman?
“God fearing, good Catholic family on the fathers side let down by the weak minded enabler of a father and loud mouthed brash narcissistic mother. We have banned her from mass as she tried to eat all the communion wafers and drink the wine as #caloriesdontcountinchurch #godlovessize18”
Imagine Babs preaching to her disciples - Babette's - like Jesus did for the last supper....

"Take this loaf of bread and upmteen doughnuts as a reminder of my doughy skin and carb loving ways. Take this red flavoured canned cock for my blood go giddy with the taste of the cock - bit rude!" 🍹🍹

Now Easter is out the way kebab will be onto Halloween no doubt.
Don't be silly - there is still father's Day - to make all about her
Summer - to moan about going back "home" (Disney) and unlimited cocks(tails)
Last day of August - bring out the Halloween bunting and tat fest 🤣

Oh god and let's not forget June 21st if easing of lockdown goes to plan 😳😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
And so she already cannot wait for primark to reopen. 🙄
Pandemic over once again for keBabba

Reactions: 15
Oh, I’ve got that dress 😩 My sister also has it - we tend to buy the same clothes without realising, but we never “twin” 😂 We both look better in it as well!

Reactions: 11
Why do her children get so much for Easter??? ShopDisney toys? My daughter got 2 Easter eggs from Home Bargains and a baby shark toy that cost me £1:99 (I only bought the toy because it was massively reduced). I can't afford to splurge £20 on a stuffed toy for my child for Easter and I doubt many other parents can either. But, you know, relatable.
Also, she makes such a huge deal out of every event. Why??? I understand Christmas and the children's birthdays (and possibly Easter but the presents they've received are a bit extravagant) because it's for the kids but she does it with Valentines Day, her own birthday (never PUS's. He gets a face pack and a bought breakfast) Mother's Day (Never Father's Day) their anniversary is always about her and not him....

...actually sod it. I've just answered my own question haven't I? She only makes a big deal of events that are either all about her or she can make them all about her.
American here 🙋🏻‍♀️ I get this from people every single year. I celebrate everything because that’s what we do and I’m used to it. I do find it amusing how annoyed English people get. In fact, there was a program on tv the other day discussing Easter trees and some folks were quite irritated lol I have one made out of twigs and my house has Easter stuff dotted all over my house.

My child probably got more than the Conway kids this morning.

Reactions: 6
I admit I'm a bit of an Easter Grinch, I just don't really get the big deal as I'm Scottish, Atheist and my family just never did anything for Easter so to see her sitting waiting patiently at 6.15am for 'Easter' to start, outside before 8am making noise and annoying the neighbours, just seems mad to me. We will do an egg hunt but after a fry up, and only because we have acquired a few eggs from family and don't want to just chuck then all at my 3 year old at once 🤣
They must be the neighbours from hell. Imagine her big loud fog horn outside at 8am on a Sunday morning trying to get the perfect insta shot 🤬🤬

• Haha
  • Sad
American here 🙋🏻‍♀️ I get this from people every single year. I celebrate everything because that’s what we do and I’m used to it. I do find it amusing how annoyed English people get. In fact, there was a program on tv the other day discussing Easter trees and some folks were quite irritated lol I have one made out of twigs and my house has Easter stuff dotted all over my house.

I remember when we moved to the US for a few years and everyone gave their kids Easter baskets and new clothes etc and thinking “ wow we normally just do eggs”!! But we got into it cos that’s just what everyone did!
My girls used to love getting their new Easter dresses!
When we moved back the girls were older ( teens) and my son was a newborn so we just did eggs.
Different countries different celebrations!
However....ALL my kids and grandkids still love a good Easter egg hunt in the garden! And we will be doing one this pm!

Reactions: 14

It's because we don't lol. Babs is British so to us it's just bizarre behaviour. The only time of year people over here go a bit nuts is Christmas. Generally, nobody really cares too much about Easter or Halloween etc. It's just done for the kids. We find it amusing how over the top people in America go.

(Though I've got to admit that I would take your Christmases over ours any day. They look amazing!)

Reactions: 12
From what I remember kenny and his family are Catholic and I believe Erin has done her holy communion, Ethans should be this year. My children took confirmation in year 5/6 but I don’t know what’s happening this year because of covid.
there is a girls Catholic high school she may want her to go to and the entry requirements for there are pretty strict. Other Catholic high schools usually will take Catholics first and from a Catholic primary school but aren’t so fussed about the letters of recommendation.
Could you imagine Father Patrick (no idea what church she associates with by the way) writing a letter of recommendation for the CONwoman?
“God fearing, good Catholic family on the fathers side let down by the weak minded enabler of a father and loud mouthed brash narcissistic mother. We have banned her from mass as she tried to eat all the communion wafers and drink the wine as #caloriesdontcountinchurch #godlovessize18”
Oh yes, Erin did do her holy communion! Does anyone remember that? They went strangely off grid for a day or so for a mysterious family party, and then a photo emerged of them all super dressed up for the communion. It was so odd...why did they hide it?! (Odd that they hid it, not that she had a communion. Also apologies if I haven’t used the right religious terminology ❤)

Reactions: 11
It's because we don't lol. Babs is British so to us it's just bizarre behaviour. The only time of year people over here go a bit nuts is Christmas. Generally, nobody really cares too much about Easter or Halloween etc. It's just done for the kids. We find it amusing how over the top people in America go.

(Though I've got to admit that I would take your Christmases over ours any day. They look amazing!)
I’ve lived here 20 years so I’m used to the comments. Americans just do everything big but I don’t get offended by anyone’s comments. All this decorating stuff is second nature to me. If you hate Easter, you should have seen my Valentine’s Day stuff this year lol

I probably dislike Americans more than anyone lol 😏
We aren’t all loud, obnoxious and disrespectful. In fact, Emma is more American than me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve lived here 20 years so I’m used to the comments. Americans just do everything big but I don’t get offended by anyone’s comments. All this decorating stuff is second nature to me. If you hate Easter, you should have seen my Valentine’s Day stuff this year lol

I probably dislike Americans more than anyone lol 😏
We aren’t all loud, obnoxious and disrespectful. In fact, Emma is more American than me.
I love the Americans. I've been to the States a lot from the age of 10 and I find Americans some of the friendliest people in the world ❤

Reactions: 7
I love the Americans. I've been to the States a lot from the age of 10 and I find Americans some of the friendliest people in the world ❤
Of course, they aren’t all bad. I relate more to English people though. The friendliest people I ever met were Black Country people. In my younger days I’d make many friends on a night out just heading to the toilets.
We’re Suttonians now though 😬

Reactions: 13
"I seem to be attracted to men aged 50".

Well, given your age, thank duck Babs, cos quite frankly men in their 20's such as the likes of one direction and cartoon characters are a tad far fetched, even for you. 🤦 Mind you, doubt Paul Bettany is going to chew his right arm off to meet you though 🤷
"i seem to have a thing for men around the age of 50!"

is this babs' way of. letting everyone know that she is NOT attracted to ste?! i mean, he may look 50, but he's younger than babs - isn't he like 39?! this is probably ste's best easter ever! babs has officially announced that she no longer wants a toy boy! dobby is finally a free elf! he can escape to brighton an dlive his best life with george! meanwhile, babs can continue living her best LIE, convincing herself that any one of those men would be attracted to her! 🤢

also, i hate to break it to you bab, but john mayer is only 43. thus, by your own admission, he should probably be removed from your list. unless, ofc, she's classing him as basically 50 years old, in the same way that, when she turned 43, she claimed she was almost 50! maths definitely isn't her strong point! 🤣

• Haha

I think the big difference between yourself and Babs is that you celebrate your own way and for ALL the right reasons whereas Babs does it for likes/engagement and bragging on socials... big difference xx

We can celebrate anyway we choose. But bragging is a whole different kettle of fish.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
thread suggestion: Brummy Mummy #66 - 18 is my size! 18 is my size! don't forget it guys! i'm a size 18 - it's not a lie! 18 is my size!

[sing to the tune of bryan adam's 18 'til i die]

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.