Brummy Mummy #55 A PUS is for life, not just for content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has way more ingredients than she needs. Why has she got plain and self raising flour (both brand new), and three types of sugar?? Why are all of these basic things brand new unopened packets?
Yes!! This!!! I bake alot, but funnily enough if i want to bake i choose something with what I've got, not spend 15 quid on ingredients everytime! Last week had apples a bit past their best. Boom, apple cake made. I didnt instantly think lets get on the latest bandwagon and make what everyone else is!

Reactions: 13
Yes!! This!!! I bake alot, but funnily enough if i want to bake i choose something with what I've got, not spend 15 quid on ingredients everytime! Last week had apples a bit past their best. Boom, apple cake made. I didnt instantly think lets get on the latest bandwagon and make what everyone else is!
I must confess I have made the cookies she is making today last weekend so did buy mini eggs and dairy milk but I had everything else! But I agree often baking in this house is using up bits we have and doesn’t cost £15 to buy stuff!

Reactions: 11
Why is she wearing them the wrong way around? It wedding band first and then engagement ring on top! She literally cannot do anything right 🤣🤣🤣
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Also- what colour are they?? The light makes them look brown!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I must confess I have made the cookies she is making today last weekend so did buy mini eggs and dairy milk but I had everything else! But I agree often baking in this house is using up bits we have and doesn’t cost £15 to buy stuff!
Dont get me wrong, i intend to make them too, or the cookie bars, as i love Janes patisserie account 😍😍

I actually like that shes doing it with the kids. One of my few happy memories with my mum is making a choc cake from Beko Baking Diary, but its the flaunting of the stuff on the side thats angered me too. A rough tot up of ingredients is about 12-15 quid, which for some is half a weekly shop amount. I would have much rathered her share the 'this is what im making' and then a few pics of the kids mixing etc, rather than flaunting her wealth in flour!

Probs sound irrational, oops!!

Reactions: 10
I hope this tips many more Babettes over the edge. Woe is me with the pandemic but still coining it in with free home accessories (the pics for gallery wall), free food courtesy of walls & Amazon & now a bleeping massive tv. All the comments on her grid post ad are largely from other influencers. Twats
The pattern is so obvious now. Polls and high engagement grid posts, immediately followed by a tit ad. Do these companies not realise that, whatever the stats say, the actual ads get very little engagement from the babettes??

Reactions: 18
If someone was to give me a tele and sound bar in payment for an ad. I would take it. And id put a lot of thought and effort into a believable ad which didn't have everyone squashed on a sofa!!

Also what i wouldn't do is bw oh woe is me in the run up to posting an ad like this.

I dont begrudge people making a living - what I do begrudge is when Babs is playing the "poor me, I'm sad" when she is being given great opportunities in her job.

She could easily make a lockdown hamper with some of the stuff she buys in these vlogs and put them in a "tag a mate who needs cheering up comp" and she could pick them at random and send it. Once a month.

Then she doesn't have to pay out too much money as she's prob claimed it all back in her expenses. She'll get more followers and she will feel better about herself and also cheer someone else up. Then no one would be arsed about her awful ads.

Hope that helps Babs x 😘

*just remembered she still hasn't announced the other competition winner so this suggestion is crap! 🤦‍♀️ doh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Why has she used a melamine salad bowl as a mixing bowl? Did no one gift her a proper mixing bowl?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Most people end their emails with "kind regards", their name and their job title. But as Babs doesn't have a proper job I imagine that would be quite hard.

Reactions: 15
Oh and I'm surprised Kate Ellison has commented on the post
Hi all
I’m new and this is my first comment although admit to being a ‘lurker’ for a while! (Great like-minded community you have here btw).
Just wondered if all these ‘influencers’ contact each other beforehand and say “Posting an Ad, can you comment and give it a like?” Etc etc as surely they can’t really think this banal ad is really worth a mention? Maybe they all agree to comment on each other’s square? Very sneaky way of getting engagement figures up!
The amount of ads these people do drives me mad, can’t they just donate things to a worthwhile cause once in a while? Ad after ad is sooooooo boring and for Emma it just shows up her inability to be creative. Be funny if that huge tv toppled off that tiny unit tho *sniggers*!☺

Reactions: 21
Why is everything about HER!!!!!!
Ethan & Erin get awards and its made HER FEEL LIKE SHE IS DOING AN OK JOB!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Aaaaaaggghhhh I want to scream at her!!!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
F5E0ADF3-73A6-479D-893A-485DF197075C.jpeg

Love how she’s made this all about her! She’s unbelievable! 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
both of the kids received a certificate for their effort and participation during microsoft team meetings - of which babs has absolutely zero input, especially since the kids banned her from gurning embarrassingly in the background - and that proves to her that she's "doing a good job after all". ste better whack on the laptop and get designing her a certificate in excel, because there's no way the kids deserve a home learning certificate if babs - KWEEN of teaching - isn't awarded one. hell, ste probably designed those awards for the kids himself, and handed them out so babs would feel she was doing a great job!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
both of the kids received a certificate for their effort and participation during microsoft team meetings - of which babs has absolutely zero input, especially since the kids banned her from gurning embarrassingly in the background - and that proves to her that she's "doing a good job after all". ste better whack on the laptop and get designing her a certificate in excel, because there's no way the kids deserve a home learning certificate if babs - KWEEN of teaching - isn't awarded one. hell, ste probably designed those awards for the kids himself, and handed them out so babs would feel she was doing a great job!
His laptop is broken remember (let’s be honest even babs can’t remember what lies she’s sprouting)

Reactions: 12
View attachment 408812
Love how she’s made this all about her! She’s unbelievable! 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄
i'm pretty surprised she shared ethan's certificate instead of the golden child's, but it was basically an "ethan earned a certificate for putting effort into his school work BECAUSE I'M SUCH A BRILLIANT MUM!" sure she's "proud" - she's proud of herself. she literally cannot talk about anyone else's achievements - even her own kids - without making it all about her. and ffs, it's not even like ethan got the certificate for work that she's helped him with - she got it for his effort and participation in microsoft team meetings, not excelling in bloody white rose maths!

Reactions: 16
Oh. My. God. Her kids both get certificates for good work which is lovely. But unless I'm missing something, all she does is set them up on different computers in different rooms and let them do their online work. Why on earth would she dare make their success about her?! I have to work hard to get my 5 year old to do stuff while trying to stop the 1 year old screaming unless he's on the table chucking the pencils around and shoving things in his mouth. How my poor girl concentrates I never know. But every Friday we wait for her teacher's round up if the week post and see if she's made it on to the photo collage on her class dojo class account. If she does, I don't sit there and think wow I'm bloody brilliant, my kid has been recognised for her my fantastic work this week. But Mrs Conway Former Teacher and Head of RE (not forgetting her dabbling in teaching health and social care) has to take her children's achievements and turn them into her own. She's royally pissed me off with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
His laptop is broken remember (let’s be honest even babs can’t remember what lies she’s sprouting)
oh don't worry, she mentioned the fact that, as it couldn't be fixed by whacking it in a vat of rice, ste simply bought himself a new one - literally the day it broke! lucky, lucky her.i'm sure excel was the first programme he installed, to relief the pressure from babs demanding endless awards - best homeschool mum, best cupbaprd organiser, completing the enitrity of netflix, best plant mum etc etc. it's a shame he would have been forced to recognise his own achievement of making the "world's biggest snowball" by designing his own certificate. babs, despite her supposed creative ability and endless sharpies, would not be able to lowe lr herself to actually acknowledge someone else's achievement - unless she could find a way to make it all abott her!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.