Brummy Mummy #53 Not just a beige roast dinner, an Em&S beige roast dinner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker, rarely comment but I'm really not impressed that I have the same jumpsuit!! To be fair I bought it two years ago and it looks lovely on me but now she's tainted it!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
It must be a revelation when your entire diet is beige, to finally discover that things grow
I imagine she’s the kind of person who is freaked out by chicken bones, because thats too close to an animal 🙃

Forgive me if I’m extra salty today, I’m self-isolating and utterly fed up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
This cannot come quick enough in my opinion.
Yes the amount of youtubers & instagrammers flogging their children’s lives has to be regulated. I doubt many of them actually “pay” their children for the ads they participate in. I believe in France the children can request that any YouTube videos they have appeared in can be removed. That would put Babs up tit creek & she would be forced to change or pull her accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes the amount of youtubers & instagrammers flogging their children’s lives has to be regulated. I doubt many of them actually “pay” their children for the ads they participate in. I believe in France the children can request that any YouTube videos they have appeared in can be removed. That would put Babs up tit creek & she would be forced to change or pull her accounts.
What winds me up are the ones who say “we won’t show the kid/s anymore when they’re older if they decide they don’t want to be shared”. Uuuum noooo, your babies/young kids have no understanding of the world behind your phone, they don’t know what social media is, they don’t understand the digital footprint that lasts forever being left behind. Keep them hidden and private until they are 12/13, which I think is the age you have to be to have your own Insta account, and then let them make the choice when they are a bit more aware.
I’m probably being hypocritical as I do share my kids on my own Facebook, but I have less than 100 people on there, not a hundred thousand or a million, and none of them are strangers! I hope Babs and PUS have money saved for the kids as they’ve participated in enough ADs to pay for their first car/uni/travels, whatever they want in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I imagine she’s the kind of person who is freaked out by chicken bones, because thats too close to an animal 🙃

Forgive me if I’m extra salty today, I’m self-isolating and utterly fed up.
Hope that your isolation passes quickly x

This is amazing news, well done to France!! Actually putting children's rights and needs at the forefront. In contrast to the UK, 'safeguarding crazy yet allowing exploitation to occur left right and centre'

Reactions: 12
Christ is it that big a deal to change a profile picture? Does it need this many announcements?
Also, no friends messaged her about it because 1 she doesn’t have any friends and 2 no one really cares enough about other people’s bloody photos. BUT if they did, I’d say it’s because they’re so used to seeing her looking like an absolute state that they got a shock seeing her look what she thinks is half decent. The “cute” face makes me want to throw up in my mouth personally 🤢View attachment 389076
She also edited out 50inches from her waist and bust, the yellow tinge of hair and grey pasty face. Pffft! Body confidence indeeed

Reactions: 18
Hope that your isolation passes quickly x

This is amazing news, well done to France!! Actually putting children's rights and needs at the forefront. In contrast to the UK, 'safeguarding crazy yet allowing exploitation to occur left right and centre'
Thanks, I’m halfway through. I avoided all social media till today because I watching people flout the rules, which is how I have ended up having to isolate, was pissing me off too much.

I agree, I don’t even think it’s about the money, it’s about what the world knows about you. How happy will Bab’s kids be in 10+ years if a prospective employer Google’s them and learns about their medical issues, or how they’ve never learnt to work near other people, and thinks nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In her latest snore-fest video, the expert idiot Plant Mum refers to potting-compost as ‘mud’ then (slightly better) ‘soil’.
She’s got a Masters you know 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
for a self-proclaimed "plant mom" - to the point where she is literally filming vlogs about plants and boasting about her green fingers - could she not use her supposed skills to grow vegetables with the kids? i know it's winter, but even cress would be a start! she could incorporate it into her homeschooling timetable, and actually involve the kids in a hobby that she loves.

i guess she's avoiding it though, because if the kids enjoy actually enjoy it, they might want to try growing actual fruits and veggies in the spring, and then babs would have so many fresh vegetables that ste she would have no choice but to include them in their family meals - it would even provide her with a load of vegetables to use in her slow-cooker meals! we all know exactly how much effort she's putting into NOT using her slow cooker though, so encouraging the kids to grow vegetables is definitely gonna be one she avoids. plus the fact that actually giving them responsibility to water, and take care of, plants and thereby encouraging a degree of independence would not be relatable to her toddler mum audience, so definitely not one to persue. but seriously, imagine her having to deal with an endless supply of carrots and non-frozen potatoes! she'd be FUMING.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Former Babette here (as you call them😂). I’m from Birmingham so have followed her for a while and I used to quite enjoy her content and find her relatable. I really went off her in the first lockdown after seeing her not take the rules very seriously, but gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she didn’t know the guidelines. But her recent content has really annoyed me, everything is very ‘me me me’, she doesn’t realise how lucky she is. I’m a single mum, became one in the first lockdown after leaving my abusive ex partner (yes babs, not every relationship ends as easily a breakup to ocean colour scene in your early 20’s 🙄). I have 3 DC, a 4 year old, 3 year old and 5 month old. I work from 8-11 every night in a real job, that is involved in social media but not me exploiting my family. I then wake up at 5 to feed my youngest and then I home school my eldest, and I actually have to homeschool her, unlike babs who just dances in the background of her children’s zooms. At the same time trying to entertain my 3 year old. I don’t get any help as my mom is in my bubble but as she’s a key worker we decided to stop seeing each other in case of spreading COVID. I spend my days shitting myself because my mom has to go and care for vulnerable people in their houses. So I’m actually lonely, and stressed and hating lockdown.
I really hope this is the end of her, it seems like more people are seeing the light. I also really worry about her kids, she basically tells complete strangers everything about their lives and it will be there forever, for anyone to see. It’s obvious she reads here and I wish she wasn’t stubborn and just took on board what people were saying, it’s quite worrying to see her as she is now. She’s worlds away from the person she was when she started this job.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
@bigsneeze

Welcome to the wonderful Tattle, a few of us liked her for a while ..then we saw through the lying fake ass that she is ,these threads open your eyes .. x

(Fellow Brummie)

Reactions: 19
I'm calling bullshit on the Mr Egg post. She has never talked, not once about going drinking, partying or clubbing down that part of Birmingham. It's a fair old jaunt for a 2am Mr Egg when you've been kicked out of Riza or Reflex on Broad Street.

Also, I'm sure Babs won't mind me putting this on here. She's so body confident afterall...

Does anyone know which part of brum she’s from?
Born in Erdington, moved to Yardley when she was Erin's age. Uni in Wolves, bought her first house at 22 (unknown location).
Moved in with PUS and they bought their first house together in Smethwick/Bearwood.

Moved to the outer edge of Harborne (Quinton postcode, commonly referred to as "Quinborne") and now I assume she firmly planted herself in proper Harborne, B17.

Most of that info was shared on her recent vlog. I mean, not that she over shares or anything.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'd love to hear from her old friends how much she really used to go out - I bet it was nowhere near the amount she says yet she's trying to paint a pic of herself as Birmingham's party animal of the 90s.....absolutely no chance. Agree Mr Egg memories are bs and she probably went in there a couple of times for the experience as she heard people talk about it. She went to Riza a few times, got pissed on Bacardi Breezer pulled Ste and got the bus home. it's hardly the SATC scene. And to still be talking about it so long after, pathetic. People that really did party like mad in Birmingham and end up in Mr Egg probably don't post about it now on social media as it was an irrelevant part of their life surpassed by what they've done since but to her that's the period she lived her life, no travel stories etc. Sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I bet she went to the reflex at the Arcadian the only couple of times she’s been to Mr Egg when people her age were going to The Steering Wheel or TinTins. She’s a complete fantasist who’s led such a sheltered life watching Romcoms and chick flicks anything less than the fairytale just isn’t good enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's utterly bizzare that she yearns for a life of being a student, clubbing and going to Mr Egg at 2am. Is she having some kind of mid life crisis? I did all that in my student days and don't wish for it now. Just like I don't give past boyfriends a second thought. The only thing I want now is to actually see my parents and family who have missed out on a year of seeing my kids grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's utterly bizzare that she yearns for a life of being a student, clubbing and going to Mr Egg at 2am. Is she having some kind of mid life crisis? I did all that in my student days and don't wish for it now. Just like I don't give past boyfriends a second thought. The only thing I want now is to actually see my parents and family who have missed out on a year of seeing my kids grow up.
This! I'm 10 years younger than Babs and I don't even want to go back to the clubbing days and I would never go on and on about my ex. I personally think it's disrespectful to my current bf. That's not to say he's never come up in convo but I'd never dream of posting countless Instagram stories about him. I guess she doesn't need to think about her parents (like I do) because she's been seeing them all along.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.