Brummy Mummy #127 two gifted events in one day, Babs only goes out when she doesn’t have to pay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still a bit concerned about the ethics of having the children regularly “acting” in these ads. I know they’re hardly blockbusters and look as though they’ve taken under 10 minutes to make, but surely they’re still working and sacrificing their free time for a company. She’s making a big deal in the comments about how much he “loves it” like she’s doing him some sort of favour letting him perform. When really, it’s entirely the opposite, as she wouldn’t have got that deal without him.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
How can she not see the different ways she treats both her children? As Ethan gets older, he’ll pick up on that if he hasn’t started to notice already. Also she’s basically using him seems as Erin doesn’t feature as much now.

The boys who lost their lives this week, three of them were related - two brothers and a cousin. There was local knowledge of this a couple of days ago but it’s now being reported on 😢😢 I know we’ve all been affected by this devastating news and I still dislike her response to it. What were her words? She wants to provide a “safe corner of the internet” - you can still do this AND have empathy Emma. Cowbags, go hug your loved ones ❤❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm feeling reflective today. Been to a lovely Christmas morning at my child's sen school, fully inclusive and just brilliant time! Filled my cup.

I just want to thank all of you 🐄🛍 who are on picket lines today & recently, sad times but voices need to be heard 🙌

Anyway, back to Babs....continuing in her own bubble as per. Ethan will turn, she won't know what's hit her. Anyone think Claire looked unwell on the German Market photo with big E and Babs?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How can she not see the different ways she treats both her children? As Ethan gets older, he’ll pick up on that if he hasn’t started to notice already. Also she’s basically using him seems as Erin doesn’t feature as much now.

The boys who lost their lives this week, three of them were related - two brothers and a cousin. There was local knowledge of this a couple of days ago but it’s now being reported on 😢😢 I know we’ve all been affected by this devastating news and I still dislike her response to it. What were her words? She wants to provide a “safe corner of the internet” - you can still do this AND have empathy Emma. Cowbags, go hug your loved ones ❤❤
Exactly this. She doesn't need to do story after story about this tragedy, but she could just take 3 minutes to think about what she IS posting! Who goes from "heartbreaking deaths of 4 children" to 5 stories of "look what chocolate I, a 45 year old woman, got in my advent calendar". She's unbelievable. I can't imagine walking through this world with so little awareness and empathy. I genuinely can't imagine her as a teacher, she must have been awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She must have been pissed doing this, it’s quite disturbing, she’s like a caricature- reminds me of Catherine Tate’s nan character, loud crass and over the top. What kind of person acts like this ?? !!!

View attachment 1809303
little E's face in those photos though! he is looking at her with an expression of "what the actual duck?!" - and trust us babs, that isn't acting! i bet he loved filming that #ad, as it gave him the opportunity to show what it is really like for him, living with his over-dramatic, overgrown grellow toddler of a mother, with a chance to get away with looking at her with disgust, contempt and a pitying kind of amusement as she publicly humiliates herself - mirroring the faces she regularly makes when she talks about him - without having to hide his true reaction! totally trolling her and she doesn't realise it! go ethan! 👌🏻🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m still a bit concerned about the ethics of having the children regularly “acting” in these ads. I know they’re hardly blockbusters and look as though they’ve taken under 10 minutes to make, but surely they’re still working and sacrificing their free time for a company. She’s making a big deal in the comments about how much he “loves it” like she’s doing him some sort of favour letting him perform. When really, it’s entirely the opposite, as she wouldn’t have got that deal without him.
especially when the money she earns from the ad she expects him to act and perform in goes straight in her own piggy bank, to fund her tat-purchasing habit. she wouldn't be approached by the brand without ethan and she couldn't have created the ad without his participation - it's totally exploitative to use him to earn herself money when he doesn't see a penny of it! we all know she isn't saving any of the money the kids have earnt for their futures - by babs' logic, SHE is the "famous" SM influenza, thus the money is all HERS, especially as she views her children as possessions and believe they owe her because they wouldn't exist had SHE not created THEM. she's basically expecting them to perform on demand and likely guilt-tripping them into complying by reminding them that they owe it to her because SHE gave birth to them - but more so with ethan, as she regularly buys tat treats for erin, while even #gifted items are stored away and only given to ethan as christmas/birthday presents, buying the poor kid a couple of Marvel costumes for disney "broke all her rules" and she just announced tharmt won't buy presents for ethan until they are in the sale. 🙄🙄

and it's especially heartbreaking with ethan, because it's so clear that he just wants to please her and earn her approval - "would you be proud of me? if JKR wrote a book and I was the chosen one?" 💔 - and is desperate for the tiny amount of attention he receives as a result. he is constantly overlooked, ignored, dismissed and treated like a total inconvenience, with the golden child always the priority - even now, it's clear that ethan is only featured in these recent ads because TTT has finally had enough and refused to participate. ethan seems such a sweet kid, and such an endearing character, but he is so happy for the few moments of attention he receives from babs because it's such a novelty, that he doesn't realise she is totally taking advantage of him. the minute she has finished filming, she'll be straight back to scrolling IG, whinging when ethan wants to show her a hamster video or complaining that he is talking to her about some TV show or game she isn't interested in. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
just watched that Nintendo reel properly - so the whole narrative is that ethan - the nine year old child - chooses to allow his 45 year old mother to beat him, and purposefully messes up to allow her to win, in the way that parents sometimes allow very young children to win at very basic games before they start to teach them that it's also okay to lose and teach them to deal with that. babs assumes people will perceive that reel as a hilarious joke, when in reality, it is an accurate reflection of life in the hobbit house, with everyone tiptoeing around on eggshells, desperate not to do anything that risks babs throwing herself on the ground like the grellow overgrown toddler she truly is, stomping her feet and kicking and whinging. she generally chooses not to join in when steve and the kids play games, moaning about them spending time together and having fun while she isolates herself in front of netflix and takes sly photos of them around the dining room table, claiming she can't play because she "doesn't understand" the game. realistically, she was likely brought up with wet san always allowing her to win, so she cannot cope with losing - hence the "YOU WIN!" bathroom breakdown - thus 🪜and the E's understandbly refuse to play with her, to avoid her flipping game boards and throwing the dice across the room in a rage. it must be so strange for the E's to grow up in an environment where from a very young age, they have had to act like the adult in certain situations, simply because babs doesn't have the emotional capacity to cope with not getting her own way! 🤷🏻‍♂️

also, i'm assuming that it's possible to design your own character to play the game - in the way you can design a character on the wii etc? i'm really not a gamer! 🤣 but if that's the case, it's very telling that supposedly "body confident" babs, who claims to be so proud if her lack of a thigh gap has chosen an avatar with slim legs and thighs which don't touch and are definitely not "juicy" enough to require chub rub shorts! that said, she has got the fluorescent yellow hair and the garish excess of eyeshadow and thick layers of blush pretty spot on, even with the bushy brows attempting to escape down the sides of her face! 🐛 she's even made sure to #addabelt, although in the case of that character, she has ensured she has a genuine waist, and not one she has to fake through poses and high-angled photos and balancing her hand on her gunt, pretending it's her hip. but in terms of her body shape/size, it's clear she isn't the supposed #size18 - but actually bigger - confident plus size role model she claims to be! especially after yesterday's revelation that she feels "fittest" wearing her thermal underwear, black from head-to-toe, thus a throwback to the "wallflower" days she supposedly left in the past, because she now has the confidence to be the HERest HER, which involves incorporating as many possible clashing patterns and colours, and giving absolutely zero fucks how appealing she looks! make it make sense! 🤷🏻‍♂️

i actually wonder if the character she created for the game is a representation of how babs truly sees herself when she looks in the mirror - in the way that my body image perception is totally destorted, because i see my reflection thru the eyes of my eating disorder. and while babs doesn't have an ED - just to make that clear before she labels herself with yet another undiagnosed mental illness - the way she regularly describes herself as "fit" and "pretty" and eye fucks and gurns at the camera at every possible opportunity, believing that she poses a genuine risk to the babettes' relationships breaking down if their partners catch a glimpse of her, because hse is so "sexy". 🤢 it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if there is at least a degree of distortion in the way she perceives herself - although unlike mine being distorted by anorexia, her perception seems to be distorted by narcissism, thus she can be dressed in the most hideous outfits and look absolutely horrendous - rough as duck with her 🤡 make-up, straw-like hair in every possible shade of yellow, her grellow complexion and tombstone gnashers, her girth ever-increasing - yet under the delusion she is exceptionally attractive and "hot", to the point men would fight over her.

.....which, admittedly, they would - they would fight each other desperately to keep her away from them! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20221216_010359_com.instagram.android_edit_5732604618107563.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Did anyone else think she messed up and admitted that Ste doesn’t share a bed with her when she said that Ethan had fallen asleep on her side so she had to sleep the other side? She quickly said that Ste slept in Ethan’s bed but why didn’t she just sleep in Ethans bed?🤔 maybe because she’s a brat?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
That video tells Ethan when he’s older all he needs to know about why he is going to be in therapy. “Letting his mum win” feeds into doing things to please a parent, knowing that your actions can make your parent happy. That is not healthy parenting. It is setting Ethan up for a life time of ignoring his own because he will deem them unimportant, what’s important are his mother’s feelings. When you anallize the parent / child dynamic in that household it’s heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.