Brummy Mummy #114 She’s 1 niche biscuit away from not getting her fat bum in the utility cupboard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter starts primary school in September and not once have I been emotional or said in front of her "I'm not ready" because at the end of the day, it's about her not me. I tell her matter of factly that she is going to school in September and that in 2 weeks she'll leave nursery and won't be going back. She has had taster days and practically yanked my arm off when running to her teacher 😂. She didn't even give me a second glance when she ran into her classroom and that's because I haven't projected my fears and sadness onto her. If course I'm worried about her and will she be happy but I haven't let her know that because I'm not a selfish arse hole who is trying to make her first day all about me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve just realised, the trick we all missed

She. Doesn’t. Read/watch/listen. To. The. News. Because. She. Is. So. Immature. She. Cannot. Cope.
so how did she realise she was even on the bbc website?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I can't believe the bloody BBC have been reporting this absolute rubbish!

I do accept there may be a small number of people who could find those things triggering but saying that they are encouraging eating disorders is such bloody crap. Obesity in this country is a much bigger problem than supposed diet culture. If people truly believe in the the 'health at any size' stuff then that's great so long as that means actually working to be healthy.

I'm in my late 20s now and I've got so many friends who have bought into this stuff over the last few years, health at any size, body confidence. Nearly every single one of them has got bigger and bigger through their 20s, including my best friend who is 5'1 and now weighs 18 1/2 stone. She refuses to admit, to anyone else anyway, that it's impacting her health despite the obvious signs that it is - barely able to keep up when walking, totally out of breath and sweating after the most basic physical exertion. She went on holiday last month and put up an Insta story laughing about the fact she needed to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane!!

Sorry rant over, but I'm honestly appalled by people like Emma who claim to care about people being healthy and having good relationships with food, but completely ignore probably the biggest issue and promote unhealthy lifestyles.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I just caught the end of the interview on Radio 2 whilst I was in car - did she get a shoutout?
I heard actual famous people debating the issue!

Reactions: 14
The debate is still going on the show - whilst she will be thrilled she started such a public outcry she will be less thrilled with the valid, sound, reasoned debate taking place on the show 😂😂

Reactions: 19
Ok, listened to the Jeremy Vine item. There were a couple of points in agreement but the overwhelming comments were that it’s nonsense to be condemning a cheap, gimic item . People seem to agree with all those twitter and fb comments. Shame Babs wasn’t on there , she is definitely not eloquent enough to been on there. Do think she said no?

Reactions: 21
Ok, listened to the Jeremy Vine item. There were a couple of points in agreement but the overwhelming comments were that it’s nonsense to be condemning a cheap, gimic item . People seem to agree with all those twitter and fb comments. Shame Babs wasn’t on there , she is definitely not eloquent enough to been on there. Do think she said no?
too busy reading all the comments and polishing the step ladder for the next photo op.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Weight is a very emotive issue I get it
But what really irks me is that this wasn’t done because she was actually outraged about the bits of tat but for content pure and simple

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So according to Emma the Range are taking them off the shelves as she speaks but I just assumed they just weren't restocking them which means they will stay on the shelves?
Exactly, which is why they were reduced! She has done zero! They were in the sale so were not going to be restocked anyway. She is such a lying drama queen.🤬🤬

Know a woman like this. Extremely, dangerously overweight causing so many health issues but uses the mental health card to ignore what is really happening. It's sad.
It is super sad, especially when it's someone you care about (we've been friends since primary school!)

I was genuinely like WTAF when she posted the story with the seatbelt extender. Even if you've been claiming to love who you are, that's surely a point where you think something needs to change now. I just cannot understand why you'd post on socials laughing about it!

She gets married next year and they have an amazing honeymoon planned, but I honestly think she'll look back in a few years and really regret not doing something about her weight before then. I think a lot of of these body positivity people who are dangerously overweight will be the same with regret in a few years

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Followers up to 148000!

Also had a thought, she can recycle this story for the next few years. Like she did with the double bagger remark and the person who photoshopped her in a swimsuit.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Her talking about Steve “babysitting” her literally makes me feel sick. Just something so off about it. 🤮

Reactions: 19
Well it worked didn't it bab you got more followers so job done, plus why only post the comments men put on not the comments that woman have put on that tell the truth about you like the threat of dv. I don't know about Craig hating women but babs you definitely hate men.

• Heart
Oh the irony Bab...of course Pus babysits you ...day in day out you silly witch!
Honestly I don’t think she gets it.
He cooks, cleans, does the food shop, does the laundry and ironing, the garden, gets up at the crack of dawn to sort the kids before going to a proper job.

Stepladder Ste doesn’t babysit her, he’s her bleeping parent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
"oh, woe is me! it's a tough life being such a body confidence role model, bravely donning my heart-shaped sunglasses and using my platform to raise the topic of weight, encouraging a healthy discussion on the topic while battling fiercely to resist the urge to delete comments which oppose my own opinion and single-handedly fighting against sexist body shaming, despite knowing that it will result in an influx of brutal messages from men, labelling me as fat, ugly and attention-seeking, which will force me to take a day away werking hard filming embarrassing reels where i flaunt my gunt in the name of body confidence, body shame women who are slimmer than me, shamelessly exploit my children and regularly remind the world that i wear size 18 clothing! it's a tough life being a anti-sexism warrior, but i will do anything to ensure the spotlight is on ME and bask in the glow of adoration from my adoring babettes. so feel free to flood my post with comments of adoration and praise, worshipping me as your kween, as am forced to avoid SM, unable to reply o comments or read DMs to protect myself from the threatening backlash from men. instead, I will allow myself a isbgle day of rest, put my tat sunglasses to the side, sit back and pour sugar down my throat, to refuel myself, and ensure i have the energy needed to block accounts and delete nasty comments left specifically by men! i'm proud of be old, and fat, to shun responsibility for my health, and to promote an unhealthy, sedentary beige lifestyle in the name of body confidence! i'm totally happy to destroy my health and humiliate my children for adoration and praise from the babettes, while simultaneously claiming that i am doing it all to protect my daughter from the pressure of society to adhere to the beauty and weight loss ideals thrust upon us, as women!" 💪🏻

tbh, the person I feel sorry for is in this entire tit show is erin. poor kid. imagine rocking up for your trial day at secondary school, and already being at huge risk of bullying due to your cringe mother whose embarrassing antics are already plastered all over SM for your classmates to see, is featured on the BBC news website with a puffer-fish pout, hypocritical taking a stand against sexism while publicly hating on men in general. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.